The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    Thanks, everyone, for your updates. I'm currently at five weeks. I was hoping that having already gone through a comprehensive check for my Texas permit, my prints and other background information would get returned a little faster than the norm... guess it was just wishful thinking, as the wait continues.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    Thanks, everyone, for your updates. I'm currently at five weeks. I was hoping that having already gone through a comprehensive check for my Texas permit, my prints and other background information would get returned a little faster than the norm... guess it was just wishful thinking, as the wait continues.

Yeah, I have a Florida Carry License and that sped things up; NOT!!

Here's the path towards approval: Packet is mailed to Troop in B.R., Troop does it's investigation, packet sent to FBI in D.C., packet sent back to Troop, packet sent to Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office, packet sent back to Troop, packet sent to NOPD, packet sent back to Troop. If you pass muster with ALL these law enforcement agencies, then you'll get an approval. When will you receive your CHP in the mail? That's anybody's guess...

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Sent app October 8th, called today to followup on it. She said its been approved and will mail out this week :rockon:

i dont know how many days that is, but its less than 90. The ladies at the concealed handgun unit in baton rouge are always incredibly nice on the phone by the way.

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks for your update. When I called last week, Wendi said they were waiting for my fingerprints to come back. I was fingerprinted and my packet submitted at LSP HQ on 10/29. Hopefully, my permit won't be much longer.

Sent app October 8th, called today to followup on it. She said its been approved and will mail out this week :rockon:

i dont know how many days that is, but its less than 90. The ladies at the concealed handgun unit in baton rouge are always incredibly nice on the phone by the way.

ReSpEcT

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Maybe you'll get lucky and not too many people are applying for a CHP (cough, yeah right lol). The year I did mine, it took a little over 4 months from the day I turned in my prints and all paper work at LSP, until I actually got the CHP in the mail.

Motorboater

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Hammond La
    I took my wife to headquarters in br today 1/15/12,we went around 10am and there were about 4 others there doing the
    same. While she was being printed the lady said " be glad you came now,in the afternoons there has been a line of people"
    she also was told it could take up to 120 days. I'll keep y'all informed.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I hand delivered my renewal to LSP Hq. Dec. 26th and got it back in the mail today. Good til 2/17/2018 :)

And thanks to my friend in Walker. ;)

hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    I'm just shy of 60 days and getting antsy. When I got my Texas CHL, I could follow the progress online with periodic updates. This time, without knowing what stage the review process is in, I find the wait much harder!

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I was beginning to wonder that myself!

Someone received their permit in 19 days. That prompted me to call again today and check my status. Mary informed me that it should be approved and mailed by the end of next week. At least I know it didn't get stuck in a circular reference computer loop.

They must not like you.

Top Bottom