The average CCW issue time?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Now I'm starting to get concerned. The Post Office says my renewal application arrived 9/17 and I don't have it yet.

Glocker

Avid Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    West Monroe
    Just an update for anyone that's interested, I'm on week 7 by sending through the mail. Called last week and was told they were still waiting on fingerprint and background check to come back.

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I dropped my off to LSP HQ on 10/29 and am at 4 1/2 weeks so far. There were 3 paid holidays since they received my packet so - I'm really at 4 working weeks at this point. At that time, I was told 6-8 weeks.

ldn0125

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I dropped my off to LSP HQ on 10/29 and am at 4 1/2 weeks so far. There were 3 paid holidays since they received my packet so - I'm really at 4 working weeks at this point. At that time, I was told 6-8 weeks.

I am still waiting for my permit. I called and talked to Wendi yesterday and she said they are waiting for my fingerprints to come back. I am currently at 7 1/2 weeks. She told me that it is running 90-120 days currently.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I dropped my stuff of at HQ on the 10th of Dec. I obviously havent received it this soon (def early in the game) but I will post again when I get it to give you guys a little better idea of the current wait time.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    From the time I mailed my packet, to B.R., to the time my permit arrived in the mail: 10 weeks

After waiting 8 weeks, I called the Concealed Handgun Permit Unit to find out the status of my app and I was told that I was approved during week 6, but my permit had not been issued because they were waiting for a re-supply of the blanks used to create the CHP ID cards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom