The Best Mexican Food In the Greater Nola Area Thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sig66

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2016
    NOLA Westbank
    Seriously...not a single mention of Superior Grill?? Anytime Mexican, or Tex-Mex are mentioned, this place is at the top of the list. The best margarita you'll find anywhere, and their fajitas are also top tier.
    really, there's no need to go anywhere else. El Grato Negro & Juans are good, but can't top Superior.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Never had banh mi. I saw the thread but couldn't tell what it was so I did a "nope, nope, nope" did a 360 and moonwalked right out of there

Vietnamese po boy.
    Banh Mi means bread. The bread is always good. The carrots, veggies and slaw like stuff is what makes it. Get the grilled pork one first and venture out from there. They are fairly cheap with $5.99 being a higher priced one.
    Here is a nice pic of one:
    http://www.thestranger.com/food-and...what-does-it-take-to-be-seattles-best-banh-mi

What is funny is what some swear by others don't like when it comes to places.

Last edited:

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Vietnamese po boy.
    Banh Mi means bread. The bread is always good. The carrots, veggies and slaw like stuff is what makes it. Get the grilled pork one first and venture out from there. They are fairly cheap with $5.99 being a higher priced one.
    Here is a nice pic of one:
    http://www.thestranger.com/food-and...what-does-it-take-to-be-seattles-best-banh-mi

What is funny is what some swear by others don't like when it comes to places.

I think I had some a few years ago at this place on the corner of magazine and milan. I'm not a fan of slaw or carrots but I do remember having the pork and it was definitely tasty

iwhodat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2017
    River Ridge, Louisiana
    Fiesta Latina on Airline, just past Williams, on the way to the airport. It's a little "hole in the wall" place. They have the best Carne Asada tacos in town. It used to be the old Rexell Drugstore in the 60's, 70's, and early 80's. Tacos El Gordo has some great Mexican food, in Kenner on Williams. Don Jose's, on Williams and Vets, is an excellent restaurant to sit down and eat. The food is delicious. I'm a little picky with Mexican food. I spent 8 years in Las Vegas. I know what real taco shops are supposed to taste like.

Top Bottom