Things getting a little crazy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    It seems like the panic has already set in. People are buying and selling ARs, AKs, SKSs, etc are extremely high pricing. I noticed one post on the board (won't get specific), but they wanted almost $900 over what was retail price two months ago. I think these type post ought to be banned. After all, we're supposedly "sportsmen". Nothing about price gouging is relevent to the term. People trying to take advantage of the gun ownership scare ought not be allowed to do so on this board. This only MY opinion. I don't think we should afford room on this board to those who price gouge, and or attempt to sell rediclous items; such as Jagermeister machines.

The opinions expressed in this post do not reflect the views or opinions of the moderators on this board.

LOL,
    EJA

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    So what are the price limits and based on what? If I want to sell Pmags for example what is the limit on black 30 round non windowed. New Price & used price please. Aww dang used now brings up condition which varies. On a new one do I get to reclaim shipping, taxes, storage or interest?

The only thing you can do is not participate in it & hold grudges on who did it.

I have not bought of sold anything. I don't care what others did or their reasoning.

The whole thing is a feel good ******** can of worms. Telling me I can't sell a Pmag for $60 is same as telling a guy he can't buy a Pmag for $60. Sounds familiar.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    But which side is being "greedy"? The side selling something for current market value or the side trying to get it at yesterday's prices because they didn't want to put out the money then?

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I have a question. I
    Have two xd mags. One almost new and one new still in the package.
    I paid $39.99 for the new one a little over a month ago and the other one was the same price over a year ago.
    What should I sell them for now?
    1.) they cannot be found right now really anywhere!
    2.) they are considered the high capacity for the xd's
    3.) their demand is up and their supply is low.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Fine.

Then sell me all the stocks you have that have gone up (And ONLY the ones which went up) for what you paid for them!

+1

I consider "price gouging" the act of selling NECESSITIES at massively inflated prices. Gas, food, water...people NEED those things and forcing them to pay absurd amounts to merely survive would be wrong. Now the price of tangible items such as gun related goods, electronics, and other BS we "want" is and should be based on the see-saw of supply and demand. It's what makes the world go round.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I have a question. I
    Have two xd mags. One almost new and one new still in the package.
    I paid $39.99 for the new one a little over a month ago and the other one was the same price over a year ago.
    What should I sell them for now?
    1.) they cannot be found right now really anywhere!
    2.) they are considered the high capacity for the xd's
    3.) their demand is up and their supply is low.

Where did you pay $40 for an XD mag? I got my XDm mags a couple months ago for around 20/25 bucks depending on capacity.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I have always seen pissing & moaning on the FS items. It is always something from I sent my PM first to the guy didn't reply fast enough, didn't want to wait til I got paid, wanted too much.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    One from Hebert's and one from Cabelas.
    I was just curious. Pmags sell for $14.99 but now easily obtain at least $30. So I didn't know what was too high or not. Obviously $60 for a Pmags is a bit excessive in my opinion.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Ah, that's why I tend to stay away from big box stores if I can help it. If you keep an eye out springfield armory's online store usually has sales periodically that are 15-30 % everything. That's when I stock up on my SA stuff usually.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Here is something to think about since the Academy One Mag Per Day thread started. Would you rather pay $30 for a PMag and be limited to one per day or buy them for $50 and be able to buy as many as you wanted/could afford? Hmmmm

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Ah, that's why I tend to stay away from big box stores if I can help it. If you keep an eye out springfield armory's online store usually has sales periodically that are 15-30 % everything. That's when I stock up on my SA stuff usually.

Well I sold both my xd's (service and me sc)
    All I have left are two mags and one safariland retention holster.
    Does GLOCK have the same sales? Lol I need 19 and 17 mags

Top Bottom