Things getting a little crazy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    Ditto. I refuse to pay price of anything new for used or new in package stuff from a private buyer. To me parts/ammo/guns are like cars. It leaves the lot and the value goes down.

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    122   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    Ditto. I refuse to pay price of anything new for used or new in package stuff from a private buyer. To me parts/ammo/guns are like cars. It leaves the lot and the value goes down.

My buddies 1886 Colt would disagree with you. It's valued at 12K. The original owner paid $14 for it in Odgen,UT.

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Okay, if I had a gasoline station after a hurricane how would you feel about 100% absolute, pure fairness. I'll put up a sign that says 'Not really for sale, but, make offer.' Or do you think I should be forced to sell, by the government, at the point of a gun (which is ALWAYS implied when govt. forces something). Would you feel the same way when they decide they want your property for some "good cause." Don't try to say that's different, because it isn't and it never will be.

Again, I believe the problem lies in necessity.

Pmags before the ban were $12-$15. After the ban they are skyrocketing to almost $100 each in some places. I DON'T SEE A PROBLEM WITH THAT. If someone is asking $100 for a piece of plastic that was once $15 then that's great! If people don't want to pay that price they don't have to buy it and can shop around. It's not a necessity. But when people NEED fuel to survive (generators, central air/heat, medical supplies etc.) then that's where I think it's wrong to increase prices drastically. People won't have the option of waiting or going to the next station.

Basically, I don't see a problem with a business/individual asking whatever price you want for any product. However, FORCING a customer to pay extremely high prices for an essential product that they can't do without is what I have a problem with.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Blah blah, blah blah blah blah
    I paraphrased - forgive me.

Still don't have an answer on what Pmags should be going for right now. No body complaining has yet to come up with a way to govern what the price should be. Maybe because they know they are just complaining and have no solution. So again what is the criteria for what is too high a price on a Pmag? What is the set of standards that makes a for sale price unacceptable? I mean other than feelings. It is a quite simple question. It should be easy to wow me with an answer. It has nothing to do with my feelings on price gouging. It comes down simply to how would it be regulated on here with any degree of fairness.

Greed, panic and rarity can drive the market and has in the past on non gun items. I think a lot of it is stupid and am not taking part.

Swampwood

Long Term "Newbie"
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    Feb 9, 2010
    Northshore Area

Like I said, if it is not a necessity then doing without it is best! Legal Business Trade is Legal Business Regardless of the Crisis.

Those individuals who buy to resell a firearm without proper licensing are a problem to begin with and probably wouldn't care if that weapon were sold to a "criminal" or not and would have no way to prove the purchaser would qualify to legally own that purchase! There in lies the problem that needs fixing...especially during this craziness!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom