Threatened in the 9th Ward at 4:15 am this morning.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    1) Know that, gun was unloaded previous day to comply with work policy, I usually always keep a round in the chamber, its what I do when I get in the vehicle, didn't do it today big mistake.
    2) Iphone flew off seat to passenger floorboard, was in my Mini and don't have Bluetooth like my other vehicles. I have a dashcam was pointed straight ahead, doesn't take great video in the dark. Plan to upgrade to 4 position cameras.
    3) I didn't point an unloaded weapon at the aggressor, when I pointed it it was loaded and ready to fire. He did not see the gun before then or the fact that had a failure to feed.
    I had spaces between paragraphs when I wrote it in Word, when I copied it to the forum the formatting went away.

Just out of curiosity... How do they enforce that policy?? They searching you car?? Do you present your gun with chamber flag to the guard every day?

Thanks for sharing.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Your right,the Monday morning quarter backs are dumb-asses

+1. Every time.

Perhaps (just maybe), an OP (not necessarily this OP), is sincerely bouncing a story (or experience), by others (not necessarily people here), to solicit some opinions (not necessarily from Mon. AM QB's), that might offer cause for some genuine personal reflection or introspective.

There is a huge difference (when offering qualified opinions), between sincerity and "holier-than-thou" arrogance!

;)

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    On the question of assault, it seems to me that after the first encounter when the unknown driver was following the OP as he drove away at speeds upwards of 90mph, through stop lights, it's clear that this driver wasn't just intending to let the OP know he was sorry to upset him. IMO, it's fair to say the OP had clear cause to fear imminent harm of a potentially deadly nature were the driver to catch him. In reading this post, I think everything else has been covered and mentioned already. There are a lot of good comments here to consider, and some would probably come into play in examining the events had the outcome been different and someone had actually been harmed. Opposing council would certainly look at this situation from the point of whether the OP acted in haste, so all the points made are worth observing. In the end, I recall the line, "It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Like I stated before, I am not going to armchair quarterback any decisions on this incident that took place. In all the responses made so far, it is best for one to keep their mouth shut and feel like a fool than to open their mouth and prove to the whole world how much or big of a fool they really are! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I didn't bother reading through more than the first page of "should haves" and "really gonna shoots" but I will say this, there's no two scenarios exactly the same. I won't dare say what anyone should have or should not have done, but sounds like you did the right thing. The guy was obviously looking for trouble. I mean deadly threat trouble. Chasing you at speeds up to 90mph and threatening you when you were trying to flee tells me he meant you harm. That is crazy and crazy knows no limits. So, if you wait for crazy to escalate to deadly you run the risk of dying.
    It's easy for someone reading this to sit calmly and judge, but put them in that same position and the tune changes quickly.
    I believe that if I was running out of options to flee and fleeing meant risking my life in a potential crash then my sidearm becomes my very next option.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    I didn't bother reading through more than the first page of "should haves" and "really gonna shoots" but I will say this, there's no two scenarios exactly the same. I won't dare say what anyone should have or should not have done, but sounds like you did the right thing. The guy was obviously looking for trouble. I mean deadly threat trouble. Chasing you at speeds up to 90mph and threatening you when you were trying to flee tells me he meant you harm. That is crazy and crazy knows no limits. So, if you wait for crazy to escalate to deadly you run the risk of dying.
    It's easy for someone reading this to sit calmly and judge, but put them in that same position and the tune changes quickly.
    I believe that if I was running out of options to flee and fleeing meant risking my life in a potential crash then my sidearm becomes my very next option.

Yea I would rather not ride through the 9th ward at 4:15am and roll my window down

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

Absolutely agree with you. Unless you were there, unless you experienced the OP's exact scenario as it unfolded, you have no idea what really happened or how you would actually respond. To speculate or to call the OP out for his actions is just plain ignorant, short sighted, disrespectful, and arrogant.

First off, the OP's initial post was immediately after this transpired. He was upset, apprehensive, nervous, tired, and perhaps a mix of several. No way he could convey via typed message all his thoughts and what exactly occurred. Then there is a reader's perception, how they interpret or perceive his typed report, and subsequent posts. And the OP revised his original post after he had settled down, given it more thought, and collected himself. Why I did not chime in for a day or two. He was getting enough shoulda, woulda, couldas remarks and condemnations.

Monday morning QBs, and maybe Billy Badazz. Maybe too much NCIS and/or Six. So easy to be the expert after the fact and sitting in your chair or on the sofa. Next time have a little respect and consideration for the next guy.
    Bottom line is the OP survived without physical or property injury to post and discuss this event. He did very well! And I'm pretty sure he learned a couple things from it too.

Much can be gleaned from this entire thread. We are here to observe, share, learn, support, and perhaps buy and sell a lil bit.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Yea I would rather not ride through the 9th ward at 4:15am and roll my window down

I used to walk and ride the bus twice weekdays down St Claude from Canal St and over the Industrial Canal Bridge for several years to attend school. Some 45 years ago. Sometimes there were tense moments on the street and NOPSI buses. From Carrollton and Claiborne Ave, to St Claude and Forstall St. My sister (8 years older than I) lived for a time on N Rampart St, couple blocks off St Claude. Its a whole nuther world there now. You could not pay me to live in NO these days.

PS......I got stabbed once and shot once before age 18 in NO. Only time I ever made the TP thankfully. I was a troubled youth for a while.

But I also caught a 5 lb 4 oz largemouth Bass in City Park, 5-17-1969 at age 10 :) Still have her on the wall today.

Its just a fish story without a pic.

potxpf06unsvuuj8iwiw.jpg

Last edited:

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Just out of curiosity... How do they enforce that policy?? They searching you car?? Do you present your gun with chamber flag to the guard every day?

Thanks for sharing.

We had a guy get fired a while back when they searched his truck and found a loaded gun, he had issues, but he didn't threaten anyone with a gun, but he was someone people messed with, he was going through a divorce and he made a threat to punch them, which led to security searching his vehicle. Company policy says the gun must be unloaded before you get on company property, and stored out of sight in a locked vehicle. Same goes for loading the weapon, have to be off company property.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    We had a guy get fired a while back when they searched his truck and found a loaded gun, he had issues, but he didn't threaten anyone with a gun, but he was someone people messed with, he was going through a divorce and he made a threat to punch them, which led to security searching his vehicle. Company policy says the gun must be unloaded before you get on company property, and stored out of sight in a locked vehicle. Same goes for loading the weapon, have to be off company property.

Isn't that illegal for them to require that in a personal vehicle? I seem to remember there being some law about that...maybe...? I would tell them to go pound sand and not give them permission to search my vehicle. An unloaded gun is about as useful as a brick.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I second JBP55 - what is your line of work?

I'm curious to, what is your line of work, because you sure as hell don't know nothing about me, or about my firearms training.Who's family would be burying someone, you referring to me, or the perp? F'n keyboard warriors ain't been on this board a year and wants to make us believe he's a professional when it comes to a gunfight.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Isn't that illegal for them to require that in a personal vehicle? I seem to remember there being some law about that...maybe...? I would tell them to go pound sand and not give them permission to search my vehicle. An unloaded gun is about as useful as a brick.

According to the Parking lot law, they have every right to have a policy as long as it complies with the statute. We are a MARSEC facility and different rules apply when it comes to searches. The final bill was passed in August of 2008, 4 years after I submitted the original writing to my legislator who refused to back it. Wooten took the bill up after making some changes to get it passed because of Shreveport, B.R., and New Orleans legislators. The company I worked for at the time refused to comply with the law until August of 2009. They sent an email to everyone after I left.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom