Threatened in the 9th Ward at 4:15 am this morning.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Absolutely agree with you. Unless you were there, unless you experienced the OP's exact scenario as it unfolded, you have no idea what really happened or how you would actually respond. To speculate or to call the OP out for his actions is just plain ignorant, short sighted, disrespectful, and arrogant.

First off, the OP's initial post was immediately after this transpired. He was upset, apprehensive, nervous, tired, and perhaps a mix of several. No way he could convey via typed message all his thoughts and what exactly occurred. Then there is a reader's perception, how they interpret or perceive his typed report, and subsequent posts. And the OP revised his original post after he had settled down, given it more thought, and collected himself. Why I did not chime in for a day or two. He was getting enough shoulda, woulda, couldas remarks and condemnations.

Monday morning QBs, and maybe Billy Badazz. Maybe too much NCIS and/or Six. So easy to be the expert after the fact and sitting in your chair or on the sofa. Next time have a little respect and consideration for the next guy.
    Bottom line is the OP survived without physical or property injury to post and discuss this event. He did very well! And I'm pretty sure he learned a couple things from it too.

Much can be gleaned from this entire thread. We are here to observe, share, learn, support, and perhaps buy and sell a lil bit.

Thank you John

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm curious to, what is your line of work, because you sure as hell don't know nothing about me, or about my firearms training.Who's family would be burying someone, you referring to me, or the perp? F'n keyboard warriors ain't been on this board a year and wants to make us believe he's a professional when it comes to a gunfight.
    I don't think you meant to quote me. I think he was referring to the perp.

According to the Parking lot law, they have every right to have a policy as long as it complies with the statute. We are a MARSEC facility and different rules apply when it comes to searches. The final bill was passed in August of 2008, 4 years after I submitted the original writing to my legislator who refused to back it. Wooten took the bill up after making some changes to get it passed because of Shreveport, B.R., and New Orleans legislators. The company I worked for at the time refused to comply with the law until August of 2009. They sent an email to everyone after I left.

Gotcha. Personally, I would break said rule and just not ever talk about that kind of stuff with coworkers...and then never have a reason to be searched. But you obviously know your situation better than I do.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Last edited:

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    They got some funny stuff/memes on the last page of the Jan thread. I missed some of that one :)

Sli watched the John Wick movie and was ready to go Jerry Miculek on their azzes at the range meet up.

Bonsai!

Thanks for the link John, that was an interesting thread. Now we know who the real troll is. I'll have to see if he'd like to meet at a range of his choice and have a little shoot off. I'll bring a few pistols and rifles and see if he is telling the truth, we'll need a videographer cause this will be funny to post on youtube. I had a guy and his girlfriend come to the range I shoot at and claimed he could out shoot anybody there. He claimed he was the #3 top shot in the Army. He was holding a Taurus copy of the Berretta using a cup and saucer hold, had the sights about 4 inches from his eye. We took him up on his offer of $20 and let one of our 16 yo competitors go up against him. Of course the dude loss big time, then said we were just trying to embarrass him in front of his girlfriend. I see people like that all the time at the range.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Curious to the description of the person driving the SUV. Please provide. Thanks!

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    Truck gun always locked, loaded and ready for action.
    Cell phone paired with Bluetooth / car ... no need to touch phone.
    That said, any incident you can walk away from like you did is a good exit.

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    OP - thank you for posting, glad everything worked out.
    We all learn from experience, hopefully for some of us, this has not or will not ever happen!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Damn VS... that sucks.

Sounds like you did ok... I have to add I'd be tempted to drive the extra 10+ miles a day and take I-510 just to avoid the 9th ward!

Be careful the next few days on the way to work especially. People tend to travel the same areas at similar times. He might not even be in the same vehicle. I'd actually leave that vehicle home a few days if you have a spare, or swap w/ the wife? Maybe step up the armament a bit for now? maybe a 12ga or lever gun? something nontactical looking :)

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Damn VS... that sucks.

Sounds like you did ok... I have to add I'd be tempted to drive the extra 10+ miles a day and take I-510 just to avoid the 9th ward!

Be careful the next few days on the way to work especially. People tend to travel the same areas at similar times. He might not even be in the same vehicle. I'd actually leave that vehicle home a few days if you have a spare, or swap w/ the wife? Maybe step up the armament a bit for now? maybe a 12ga or lever gun? something nontactical looking :)
    Switched to my Truck for the weekend working nights, carrying 3 guns now, G17 MOS with TLR-1HL, M&P shield .45, and one of my 5.56 SBR's.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    So who would have won if the fight would have taken place?

I think VS would have beat him with Pistols, Sabers, or fisticuffs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Phillip Norris
    Top Bottom