Today I was taught how to operate a seatbelt

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    well you can't fix stupid, do you wear your pants backwards too because it's easier to **** out the zipper?

Bravo sir!

Bravo_Bravo.gif

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Because retrofitting school buses with belts would be expensive.

True, but if seat belts are truly a "lifesaver" (and I do believe they are) and are required for us to wear I would think that new buses at least should be required to be outfitted with them. My sons bus driver has a brand new bus, right off the assembly line. Thing is bad to the bone. Radio/CD player, AC, its freakin awesome. But no seat belts for the kids. :(

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    It's not just the cost. Seat belts in buses wouldn't make nearly the difference as they do in cars.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/40820669/ns/us_news-life/t/why-your-childs-school-bus-has-no-seat-belts/

But larger buses — like the standard long yellow school bus that makes up about 80 percent of the nation's fleet and the school-chartered coach carrying the West Brook soccer team — weigh in much heavier, and their passengers sit much higher, making them safer in collisions.

If cars have seat belts, why aren't they generally required in school buses? Because modern school buses are already remarkably safe, and because seat belts don't work the same way in buses as they do cars, research shows.

There's more in that article.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Personally, I always wear a seat belt and I think everyone should wear one. However, I am against all seat belt laws because I think they interfere too much with the Laws of Natural Selection.

Top Bottom