Trigger happy much?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    this topic is now about how cops can't hit their target and spray down the public with bullets. should cops be allowed to carry guns? or just do paper work? is that why they so grouchy? they gotta be out there? well stay home bra. we don't need you.

I'm 100% on hits When it mattered, no public sprayed.....

Just sayin

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    this topic is now about how cops can't hit their target and spray down the public with bullets. should cops be allowed to carry guns? or just do paper work? is that why they so grouchy? they gotta be out there? well stay home bra. we don't need you.

Are you drinking or currently intoxicated?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Someone translate this please

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Are you drinking or currently intoxicated?

f6815fb6da7b3cb2b75af2b833477d59_zpse6e807de.jpg

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    This...

Cops are human beings too, they go through the same emotions we do, and sometimes they can be fueled by adrenaline, anxiety, and past experiences that can trigger reactions, good or bad. I have yet to see a single post on malpractice by a medical doctor by you, that resulted in death, or the wrong man being fried in an electric chair, only to have his name cleared after the fact.

People **** up all the time, your grandparents, parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, friends, etc. Some of those you know have resulted in a death or fatality. It doesn't mean we label your entire family or spectrum of friends/acquaintances as shitty people just because of that singular person's actions.
    I don't believe, in any of my posts, that I grouped/labeled all LEO's intentions/actions to be poor or unjust. What I did say/imply is there are some that do not have any business wearing a badge. In this case, past experiences may be the reason for this guy to be in that category or the fact that this whole situation could and should have been avoided by never even making contact with the victim because he wasn't in the wrong and definitely didn't deserve to be shot.
    I know how to handle myself during a traffic stop and would like to think that I would be capable of preventing myself from being shot but, then again...
    Maybe a psych evaluation of the officer could have prevented this, maybe they gave him one and he 'passed' but, the fact remains he was unfit for duty obviously.
    WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEOS FOLLOWING VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

Suspects always come out of their vehicle with erratic movement to grab their licenses as well. Always. /sarcasm

If you have to grab something out of your vehicle, alert the police officer about what you are doing, don't move quickly to the cab and out of his sight, let him know calmly and clearly where your license and insurance is located. It made me nervous watching him move quickly back into the vehicle as well.

http://youtu.be/qoI4G1fWmEQ

here's another example for the non believer in you. For every bad shoot by a cop I find 100 more that are good shoots. Quit with the cop bashing. One bad apple does not spoil the bunch.

Watched both of those already previously. Good shoots, sure. But guess what, they actually had weapons. So, should the average gullible citizen be concerned about having a weapon drawn on them just for following directions if they unknowingly do something that 'spooks' an Leo? Or worse, get shot if they are confronted with an LEO that's unfit for duty?
    Thank you for posting this. Everyone is so quick to give the officer a bad wrap cause the guy didn't look dangerous. He jumped back in his car really fast and the officer had a right to draw his weapon. Another thing I've saw is this officer was involved in a bad shoot out before this happened and I guess he was just jumpy. I'm glad he's getting time for this and glad the other guy is ok but he had a hand in it by jumping back in his car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The guy was FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS given to him by the man that ultimately shot him.... And kept shooting even when no weapon was presented. Do you think he purposely tried to 'look dangerous'? Not every citizen knows what may or may not make them be perceived as 'looking dangerous' and that should not be an excuse to unload on an innocent person.

Last edited:

Halcyon00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2014
    Lol pistols suck. Good luck going conceal carry with your shotgun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    A whole bunch of stuff that doesnt need quoting.

I agree with you that it was a bad shoot. BUT....... just from watching the video, it cant be said whether this trooper was really fit for duty or not. Your opinion is just that, an opinion. In MY opinion of your opinion, its premature.

Not speaking against anything you have said, just wanna get your view. If he had been tested, and was shown unfit for duty due to some form of PTSD from the first shooting, what say you about his ability to continue to carry a weapon if relieved of duty?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I agree with you that it was a bad shoot. BUT....... just from watching the video, it cant be said whether this trooper was really fit for duty or not. Your opinion is just that, an opinion. In MY opinion of your opinion, its premature.

Not speaking against anything you have said, just wanna get your view. If he had been tested, and was shown unfit for duty due to some form of PTSD from the first shooting, what say you about his ability to continue to carry a weapon if relieved of duty?
    First, I'll give my reasoning for why I said he was unfit for duty. If he were fit to protect and serve his state as a state trooper, this situation wouldn't have happened because he would have never fired the first shot and he may also have never made contact with the person under BS pretenses in a store parking lot, as the person was exiting their vehicle (speaking about the 'seat belt' violation).

Now, the answer to your question isn't an easy one but, I say if he is legally able to carry as a normal citizen then my answer is yes. The reason I say yes is because he won't be policing innocent people that he thinks are out to harm him rather he would be carrying for his protection and his protection only; not using his weapon as a tool of his everyday job where he will surely encounter innocent people that may 'look dangerous' on a daily or hourly basis.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    First, I'll give my reasoning for why I said he was unfit for duty. If he were fit to protect and serve his state as a state trooper, this situation wouldn't have happened because he would have never fired the first shot and he may also have never made contact with the person under BS pretenses in a store parking lot, as the person was exiting their vehicle (speaking about the 'seat belt' violation).

Now, the answer to your question isn't an easy one but, I say if he is legally able to carry as a normal citizen then my answer is yes. The reason I say yes is because he won't be policing innocent people that he thinks are out to harm him rather he would be carrying for his protection and his protection only; not using his weapon as a tool of his everyday job where he will surely encounter innocent people that may 'look dangerous' on a daily or hourly basis.

You say seat belt is a BS way to make contact, i call that crap. I pull over people for a variety of reasons including seatbelt violations. But not going to get into an argument about that.

My issue with your (second paragraph) answer is if he isnt able to carry a weapon on duty because he could shoot someone, what is stopping him from shooting someone he feels threatened by not on duty whether it be justified or not?

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    because when he is off duty he won't be harassing folks for no seat belt. its a ******** law. if someone does not want to wear one its their business. enough with the big brother commie crap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom