Um...I have no words

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I'll probably get flamed for saying this but. I don't think any school security are also on SWAT. My guess would be they are the ones that couldn't make it as a road LEO or about to retire. They are not putting their lean mean fighting machines in schools.

I've said that before or the ones that didn't make a good road LEO's they so stick them in a school.

(Based on reports still under review)

Looks like 3 or 4 road LEOs chilled behind a car. So feel free to explain why the better road LEOs didn't enter??

I also don't see this as a training issue but I see it as a case of 4 or 5 cowards.

http://ktla.com/2018/02/24/florida-...-4-deputies-did-not-enter-campus-sources-say/

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    The SRO was the fall guy. The SRO not following the SOP just made it easier.

OR

The deputies outside were ordered to stay outside.

I still haven’t saw the SOP posted.

Edit to add: I also know what the Sheriff said the SRO should have done. However that’s far from the written SOP. I also will say I feel the SRO screwed up but I don’t think he’s alone in screwing up.

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    You're not going to.

Depending it may slip out at some point.

“Gonna look for the link but” In one article the Sheriff was quoted saying the SRO was being suspended because of his (cowardly action). Why didn’t he just say it was for (not following Dept SOP).....strange

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    And I thought I was the only that was looking at it that way . I think there's a whole lot we may never know , but I'm highly suspicious of ole Sheriff Israel .

Last edited:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    I still haven’t saw the SOP posted.

Edit to add: I also know what the Sheriff said the SRO should have done. However that’s far from the written SOP. I also will say I feel the SRO screwed up but I don’t think he’s alone in screwing up.

Before Columbine, most SOPs around the country called for waiting until you had at least enough people for a 4-man "floating diamond" team to go in. Everyone thought that was the best way. Then Columbine taught that these things were usually over way too fast to wait, and SOP changed to be whoever gets there goes in. Most of these type of incidents end when the shooter is confronted with ANY kind of armed resistance (think Texas church shooting). They either off themselves or try to go out in a blaze of glory. In a few rare cases, they surrender.

This is the first one I can think of where the perp threw down his gear and ran out pretending to be a victim.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Before Columbine, most SOPs around the country called for waiting until you had at least enough people for a 4-man "floating diamond" team to go in. Everyone thought that was the best way. Then Columbine taught that these things were usually over way too fast to wait, and SOP changed to be whoever gets there goes in. Most of these type of incidents end when the shooter is confronted with ANY kind of armed resistance (think Texas church shooting). They either off themselves or try to go out in a blaze of glory. In a few rare cases, they surrender.

This is the first one I can think of where the perp threw down his gear and ran out pretending to be a victim.

LOL I know the SOPs for a few departments along with what NASRO teaches and must say it's different than what most people think.......

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Well, I guess this about covers it?

Attachments

• traitors.jpg
      traitors.jpg
      69.8 KB · Views: 81

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    LOL I know the SOPs for a few departments along with what NASRO teaches and must say it's different than what most people think.......

Well please fill us in. Are you Implying that they are instructed to wait?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Well please fill us in. Are you Implying that they are instructed to wait?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The only thing I’m implying is that there is more to the SOPs than saying the words *the officer should have went in*!

But feel free to post your departments SOPs if you wanna fill us in?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The only thing I’m implying is that there is more to the SOPs than saying the words *the officer should have went in*!

But feel free to post your departments SOPs if you wanna fill us in?

Yes...but *the officer should have went in* could easily be a summary of what the officer should have done to comply with the SOP.

But, knowing the SOPs for a few departments, you are welcome to list the departments whose SOPs the officer wouldn't have violated with his actions.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Yes...but *the officer should have went in* could easily be a summary of what the officer should have done to comply with the SOP.

But, knowing the SOPs for a few departments, you are welcome to list the departments whose SOPs the officer wouldn't have violated with his actions.

Correct I’m welcome to do anything I like.

The amount of fail in the leadership of that Sheriff is of more importance to me at the moment.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Correct I’m welcome to do anything I like.

The amount of fail in the leadership of that Sheriff is of more importance to me at the moment.

Are you unable to, concurrently, be concerned with the leadership and explain how the SOPs you are familiar with are different than most people would think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Are you unable to, concurrently, be concerned with the leadership and explain how the SOPs you are familiar with are different than most people would think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What don’t you understand? There is more to SOPs than just the words *go in and kill the killer*. You of all people should understand that.

All my years on BS you are the most confrontational mod ever.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What don’t you understand? There is more to SOPs than just the words *go in and kill the killer*. You of all people should understand that.

All my years on BS you are the most confrontational mod ever.

You're caught up with my being a mod. I'm not posting as a mod. I'm not threatening to delete your posts or ban you if you don't explain your posts. What you see as confrontational is usually a user's attempt to bring the topic back when they try to deflect away from a topic.

Yes, I would bet you will not find the words *go in and kill the killer* in that order in any SOP. If that bit of information is what's "different than most people think," I believe you have misread a lot of posts. Having those exact words in that exact order is what would actually surprise many people. I don't recall anyone stating that was a direct quote from any department's SOP. What people have said, including people with knowledge of some department's SOPs, is that it could be a short summary of their SOP, it could explain what the officer could have done to comply with the SOP. I know the SOP for a couple of departments and that phrase is pretty consistent with what an officer should do to comply with their SOP in an active shooter situation, even though that exact phrase does not appear in the SOP.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    squidnutz06
    Top Bottom