*Update* Star Pawn & Gun Leesville, LA *Outrageous*

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    *UPDATE*
    I brought in my Aimpoint 3X Magnifier w/ Samson Quick Flip just to see what they'd offer.
    They tell me that they could get that set up brand new for $500. They couldn't sell mine for more than $400 so their offer to me was..........$200. I walked out of course.

Now unto some price I grabbed. Most of these things were marked 'On sale' :rolleyes: .

I'll upload pics tonight.

Star Pawn Gun Prices BEFORE Tax;
    MAGPUL AFG2 - $46.99
    Remington Gun Club 20ga. #8 - $8.99 a box
    BlackHawk Serpa Concealment Holster Matte SA XD - $47.99
    MAGPUL Precision Rifle Stock - $269.99
    Zastava SKS(USED with marks and scratches) - $449.99
    Saiga 12ga. - $859.99 Sticker price - On sale for $799.99
    Keltec SU16C .223 - $699.99 On Sale for $629.99

^^^

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I go to this place sometimes to LOOK, but I NEVER buy anything from them.

Their firearm prices are always HIGH, sometimes VERY HIGH and their Accessories are just as absurdly priced.

Mainly b/c they are sitting right next to Fort Polk where Soldiers with a lot of deployment money in their pockets and no sense, willingly pay whatever the price is. Rarely do I cross one that knows how high their prices really are. Most don't care b/c they aren't willing to drive to Alex or Lake Charles anyway.

Their Transfer Fee has been $35 for quite a few years. The highest around this side of the state.

Was so a couple years ago too when I had a Handgun transferred to them from Florida.

They asked "why didn't you come to us with your purchase, we could have ordered you one of these".
    >I said and how much would it have cost out the door?
    "probably around $750"
    >EXACTLY! I said. I just paid, $585, got Free Shipping and had to pay your $35 Transfer Fee and I still came in around $120 LESS than what you would have charged me.
    "Oh...well...we couldn't have got it that low"
    >I know that, hence the reason I didn't bother...

FFWD to Today.

I call them again about transferring a Handgun. Just to be sure, I ask how much is the transfer fee.

She says, "$fiftzxipuumuffledsoundIcanthear"
    > say again, did you just say $50!?
    "Yes, it's $50 for any Firearm Transfer Fee"
    > ARE YOU SHITTING ME!?! That's like 11% of the Firearms value!
    "Have you checked around?!
    >Yes I have, I know several other FFL's who charge $15 to $30, definitely not $50!
    "WELL, It's $50 Ok!? That's it!"
    > I hung up in pure amazement.

$50 freaking dollars for a Handgun Transfer...sigh...what's the world coming to. :doh:

Sounds more like a fine they impose for not buying directly from them. :rolleyes:

*UPDATE*
    I brought in my Aimpoint 3X Magnifier w/ Samson Quick Flip just to see what they'd offer.
    They tell me that they could get that set up brand new for $500. They couldn't sell mine for more than $400 so their offer to me was..........$200. I walked out of course.

Now unto some price I grabbed. Most of these things were marked 'On sale' :rolleyes: .

I'll upload pics tonight.

Star Pawn Gun Prices BEFORE Tax;
    MAGPUL AFG2 - $46.99
    Remington Gun Club 20ga. #8 - $8.99
    BlackHawk Serpa Concealment Holster Matte SA XD - $47.99
    MAGPUL Precision Rifle Stock - $269.99
    Zastava SKS(USED with marks and scratches) - $449.99
    Saiga 12ga. - $859.99 Sticker price - On sale for $799.99
    Keltec SU16C .223 - $699.99 On Sale for $629.99

End Rant/

Mike's Sporting Goods in Pensacola, FL: $70 for an FFL transfer as of 4 years ago. I didn't know any better and was about to pay it. Luckily, one of their employees said, "Dude, go to Jay's... it's $25"

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    so my ? is why continue to go to these places when you have experiences like this? once i determine that i will not do business with a place i refuse to enter the door.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    so my ? is why continue to go to these places when you have experiences like this? once i determine that i will not do business with a place i refuse to enter the door.

I just go there now to leave finger grease on their guns or fact check a particular feature on a particular gun.
    They have a pretty large amount of handguns.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA

Yep that was my reaction at the archery place here in Hammond. Guy flat out told me $50 if he has or can get a similar product like a stripped lower, it's high as a punishment for not buying from him and paying his extremely high price. Never went back.

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    You whiny SE boys lol...Yall have it made in the shade and you still whine like little girls.You guys have 90% of the gun sales and guns in La.
    As well as the best lowest prices in La. as well a the cheapest xfer fees at $25-$35

We pay $1-200 more for same gun your selling.And we have a craptastic selection to choose from as well as all our wonderful FFLs telling us
    to order your own dammm guns ,we don't order sh==T,but you can buy our second hand junk for twice what we paid.

And as far as xfer fees.The cheapest we have over in SWLA is $50 if you can find one that willll even do xfers.Most refuse to do xfers or
    accept any firearms from anywhere else.Look at this A**wipe from sulphur.Calls himself gator idiot.Well I can say by far.He is an A******
    100%.He says no orders ,no xfers,,you buy my sh*T or get out of my store and believe me when I say that.Its for real.Same with the
    craphole pawn shops in sulphur and LC.$50 xfer or get out !!!!!

There is only 1-2 FFLs in SWLA that will do xfers at any price.Why you think I buy most of my guns in TX.Why not.Cheaper,easier,xfer rates
    a little less at around $35..

Quit your whining and buy everything you can not tied down.Just wait till Feb and your will see why you had it so good lolol...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You whiny SE boys lol...Yall have it made in the shade and you still whine like little girls.You guys have 90% of the gun sales and guns in La.
    As well as the best lowest prices in La. as well a the cheapest xfer fees at $25-$35

We pay $1-200 more for same gun your selling.And we have a craptastic selection to choose from as well as all our wonderful FFLs telling us
    to order your own dammm guns ,we don't order sh==T,but you can buy our second hand junk for twice what we paid.

And as far as xfer fees.The cheapest we have over in SWLA is $50 if you can find one that willll even do xfers.Most refuse to do xfers or
    accept any firearms from anywhere else.Look at this A**wipe from sulphur.Calls himself gator idiot.Well I can say by far.He is an A******
    100%.He says no orders ,no xfers,,you buy my sh*T or get out of my store and believe me when I say that.Its for real.Same with the

There is only 1-2 FFLs in SWLA that will do xfers at any price.Why you think I buy most of my guns in TX.Why not.Cheaper,easier,xfer rates

Quit your whining and buy everything you can not tied down.Just wait till Feb and your will see why you had it so good lolol...

Why don't one of you guys get an FFL? And solve the issue for the entire area over there.

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    That would be great.I'm trying to get Pelican to move over here lol..

There just arnt that many of them is why.They rule like gods:(

I have lived in La for almost 10 years now and it took me 5 years
    to even find 1 ffl that would accept firearms from GB and other
    places.If we had 30 places of businesses and 30 ffls like you guys
    do,we wouldn't have this issue.There are more FFLs in orange,tx.
    than from vinton to laffy.Not including laffy but you probably could.

I have one old man in dequincy,hes like 87 years old and is a super
    nice older gentleman,but after that,it goes straight down hill.

When I lived in liberal a** state like Washington,we had more FFLS
    in Seattle and surrounding areas than here lol..And they hate guns...

Last edited:

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Why don't one of you guys get an FFL? And solve the issue for the entire area over there.

Naw! Makes too much sense! Besides they might have to do a little record keeping and then they would not have anything to complain about, they'd be miserable! :doh:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There just arnt that many of them is why.They rule like gods

If the intrusiveness and the personal info an applicant for an FFL has to give up to the feds is ANY thing like the intrusiveness to get some of the state licneses I have, then they deserve to be treated as Gods! ;)

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    This thread was started by one of your SE boys complaining.

What's an SE boy? Surely your not meaning South East :doh:

I'm also not complaining. I take my business else where and they get none of my money.

I'm reporting what I see as a warning to others. Like a Buyer Beware Review, if you will.

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    It does,but it shouldn't.I own 2 homes in tx as well and reside in one of them around 3 months of the year.Which
    is suppose to make it legal for me to buy handguns from tx per state law.But I can not find an FFL that will
    accommodate that law.They are all running scared as it is.I cant blame them in a way.Its sad,they are not gods,
    but I can see why they would be cautious.Ripping people off is a different issue.....

Edmond

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Ft. Polk
    I absolutely hate that place! Yes, hate, is the appropriate word because they rip us off. They don't rip me off because I don't shop there but I always steer soldiers away from there.

Lee Pawn in downtown Leesville does transfers for $20.

When 4/10 deployed, a lot of units had deployment weapons made and did the transfers through Star. They charged us $20 for those but when you multiply that by a few hundred weapons, those bastards made a killing off us.

marco

Family Friendly
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Sulphur LA.

I have done multiple transfers with two shops here. Gator in Sulphur charged me nothing the first time and I FORCED 25.00 on him the second and third time. He has even ordered .35 Remington ammo for me as well as ordering my Armalite. The deer hunting store here also does transfers for 25.00.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom