Well it looks like we just got screwed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Best article I've seen on the trust/CLEO issue yet.

http://soldiersystems.net/2013/09/0...n-nfa-trust-corporate-transfers-means-to-you/

Cliff Notes: if your CLEO won't sign, you're screwed either way and trust/corp won't help you. And NFA processing times are about to go waaaaaay up. Considering they are already at 8 months to a year, if you start the process after this is enacted hopefuly you'll get your new toy before you die of old age.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    It basically sounds and look like to me that they are wanting to do away with NFA without doing away with it. What I mean by that is making it damn near impossible to get anything approved or make it to much of a hassle.

The way it seems IMHO is that if you have not gotten into the NFA world yet you are pretty much screwed.

Does that about sum it up??

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Best article I've seen on the trust/CLEO issue yet.

http://soldiersystems.net/2013/09/0...n-nfa-trust-corporate-transfers-means-to-you/

Cliff Notes: if your CLEO won't sign, you're screwed either way and trust/corp won't help you. And NFA processing times are about to go waaaaaay up. Considering they are already at 8 months to a year, if you start the process after this is enacted hopefuly you'll get your new toy before you die of old age.

The DA or a judge can still sign off, correct?

I know that's like hitting the Powerball but it's still an opion

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    The DA or a judge can still sign off, correct?

I know that's like hitting the Powerball but it's still an opion

No. Never could as far as I know.

They also want CLEO to certify the prints are the applicants, thats not going to happen.

If you want something, you'd better do it now.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I have a Trust. I'm new to NFA stuff. I have two applications in now. I'm hoping to get more going soon. I'm a little concerned about this "chicken little" stuff myself.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    I have a Trust. I'm new to NFA stuff. I have two applications in now. I'm hoping to get more going soon. I'm a little concerned about this "chicken little" stuff myself.

I agree. As an NFA owner you should be. Tons of people bitching do not, and will not ever own anything NFA

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I agree. As an NFA owner you should be. Tons of people bitching do not, and will not ever own anything NFA

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

What the hell does it matter to you if they do or don't? What if they were waiting for the right time to get into the NFA game? What if they were or are waiting on funds to become available?

Who are you to judge some one complaining or "bitching" as you put it about any of this. Because of the rules and guidelines many of these people "bitching" as you put it may never be able to get into game.

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    What the hell does it matter to you if they do or don't? What if they were waiting for the right time to get into the NFA game? What if they were or are waiting on funds to become available?

Who are you to judge some one complaining or "bitching" as you put it about any of this. Because of the rules and guidelines many of these people "bitching" as you put it may never be able to get into game.

I'm mad I didn't buy apple stock 20 years ago, or 100 acres in Watson.

I'm mad my dad didnt buy a tommy gun when he was born in 1929

Who are you?

ΜΟΡΟΝ ΛΑΒΙΑ

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA

Maybe.

I also think some people are raging against the machine just to be raging against the machine.

Either way, I knew the trust thing would to an end sooner or later because of the "NFA stuff is cool" movement.

JR1572

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I don't see what being a current NFA owner has to do with it. I don't personally own any NFA items, but had hoped to in the future and have friends and family that do. I don't know if some of you are just being contrarian or are genuinely that egocentric, but I think it's ******** for all who are currently and will be someday affected, even if it ain't me.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I don't see what being a current NFA owner has to do with it. I don't personally own any NFA items, but had hoped to in the future and have friends and family that do. I don't know if some of you are just being contrarian or are genuinely that egocentric, but I think it's ******** for all who are currently and will be someday affected, even if it ain't me.

Who is this directed at? You seem to have made a statement without directing it at anyone specifically.

JR1572

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Both people in my trust have no criminal record. The sheriff of the parish I reside in refuses to sign off.

Either way, I'm not mad about it.

JR1572
    Why would you not be mad about suddenly being told you can't have the things you have no reason to be denied?

My problem is that currently my successor is 6 years old. If they declare him a "responsible party" when they end up defining it, I won't be able to use this trust, or use a trust as a way to deliver property to a successor upon my death (You know... the thing trusts are made to do).

Also, how does it work with trustees in multiple counties? Does the sheriff from each county signoff on that person?

I think the execution of changes is poorly thought out and does not err on the side of reason.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Why would you not be mad about suddenly being told you can't have the things you have no reason to be denied?

My problem is that currently my successor is 6 years old. If they declare him a "responsible party" when they end up defining it, I won't be able to use this trust, or use a trust as a way to deliver property to a successor upon my death (You know... the thing trusts are made to do).

Also, how does it work with trustees in multiple counties? Does the sheriff from each county signoff on that person?

I think the execution of changes is poorly thought out and does not err on the side of reason.

What am I being denied? I have all the stuff I want already.

I have no problem with people in the trust being checked. I have a problem with the CLEO signature. Some CLEO's refuse to sign off out of ignorance. It's dumb.

Disagreeing with something and being mad are two different things.

JR1572

Top Bottom