Well it looks like we just got screwed

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I guess we see things differently on this issue.

Instead of looking at it and counting my current possessions to see if "I got mine" and making that the decision on acceptability of the change,

I look at how the change would affect the big picture of people present and future, and if it's for the better; which it is not.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I guess we see things differently on this issue.

Instead of looking at it and counting my current possessions to see if "I got mine" and making that the decision on acceptability of the change,

I look at how the change would affect the big picture of people present and future, and if it's for the better; which it is not.

Are these changes proposed or have they went into effect already?

JR1572

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Who is this directed at? You seem to have made a statement without directing it at anyone specifically.

JR1572

Lee and yourself. If you don't care what happens because it doesn't affect you personally, that's cool. I simply disagree with belittling others for not being so self-interested.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Are these changes proposed or have they went into effect already?

JR1572
    I may be mistaken, but it was my understanding the changes for trusts and how they handle ATF approvals are things handled internally and are not a change in law. The rise in fees and other such things require modifying law, and are a bill going to Congress. The trust rules changes are a matter of waiting for the commentary period to expire and then it goes into effect.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I may be mistaken, but it was my understanding the changes for trusts and how they handle ATF approvals are things handled internally and are not a change in law. The rise in fees and other such things require modifying law, and are a bill going to Congress. The trust rules changes are a matter of waiting for the commentary period to expire and then it goes into effect.

So in other words, there's a chance that the CLEO requirement may not happen?

JR1572

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    So in other words, there's a chance that the CLEO requirement may not happen?

JR1572
    I would not call it a significant chance. "Open for comments for 90 days" seems to be more like a formality than anything that matters. I do not even know what recourse we may have through Representatives to challenge the internal methods/processes the ATF uses to perform their duties. I'm rather pessimistic though.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I have my 8 year old as a beneficiary on my trust. What's wrong with that? I have a question for a couple of you , do you two always hang out together online and talk crap about things that you may not agree with ?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I would not call it a significant chance. "Open for comments for 90 days" seems to be more like a formality than anything that matters. I do not even know what recourse we may have through Representatives to challenge the internal methods/processes the ATF uses to perform their duties. I'm rather pessimistic though.

We may have a chance to prevent this from happening.

JR1572

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Yeah, I agree, but acting like the world is ending and being all pissed about it isn't changing anything.

JR1572

So what can be talked about on this forum with out people having a problem with discussion? Tachy cool 5.11 pants or 5.11 sunglasses?

Top Bottom