What’s the worst gun you’ve owned/ own?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I saw this question posted on a smaller YouTube channel I follow and found some of the comments interesting. Let’s hear it, what’s the worst gun you’ve ever owned ?

Personally I’ve been pretty lucky and haven’t really come across many “bad” guns. I guess you could say the worst gun I’ve owned would either have been a Henry lever action 22lr or an Aero Precision 16” mid length upper W/ FSB.

The Henry came with a faulty bolt. I took the gun apart when getting it home and for the life of me could not get the bolt to properly seat back into the rifle. Thinking maybe I was doing something wrong I contacted Henry and sent them the gun. They changed the bolt and notified me the original bolt was faulty. It’s ran like a top ever since.

The factory built aero upper after a couple range sessions when cleaning it I realized the barrel extension had some nasty chips and gouges in it from what looked like the bolt hitting it improperly somehow. After sending the upper and aero pro bcg back twice aero sent me a brand new upper and bcg. I put a BCM bcg in it, threw the new aero bcg in a spare parts bin and it’s been running great ever since. Big fan of either SOLGW BCG’s or BCM. I’d recommend them over any other hands down. Microbest seems to produce the best BCGs available by far imho.

Last edited:

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I have a Puma 1911-22 that I traded a Mosin Nagant 91/30 for, this rifle was a great shooting gun with a surprisingly good trigger. The Puma is very temperamental with ammo and is not a reliable weapon so I cleaned and polished everything I could to help to no avail. I keep getting light strikes from it so I checked the hammer spring, way too soft a spring so I tried to bend it to give me more tension, loses tension very easily. I rarely shoot it, but it does seem to run good with stingers. Wish I had my Mosin back.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    All my guns go bang and i have ammo for them. Some cheapo guns or just plain old. Some very nice and costly. But they all go bang and are fun. Only way to have to many is if you are needing to swim. I am a pack rat by nature so they judt stay with me even if just an OK gun.

Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    I love pocket guns and odd balls guns as well. So show me a micro odd ball and I am on it.

I got so frustrated trying to get my Zip gun to function, I was ready to tape it to a steal plate and blast it to pieces. I sold it instead. Some days, I want it back. Good thing no ones wants to admit they still have theirs!

zip.JPG

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I've got this Garden Gun.
    It was given to me, and truth be told, it functions.

It's a Mossburg smooth bore barrel in , IIRC a Sako Rimfire action, or some such.
    The bolt has two extractors, and the barrel is kinda cut for one of them. Dremel ?
    Headspace is tight.
    The stock looks like it was carved by a drunk beaver.

For all it's faults, and there are many that go unmentioned, this little smoothbore Garden Gun is capable .

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I love pocket guns and odd balls guns as well. So show me a micro odd ball and I am on it.

I got so frustrated trying to get my Zip gun to function, I was ready to tape it to a steal plate and blast it to pieces. I sold it instead. Some days, I want it back. Good thing no ones wants to admit they still have theirs!

View attachment 142111
    Dang so cool that you owned one of these. I’ve come across a couple YouTube videos on it.

Last edited:

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Years ago walked up late to a farm auction. They up a single shot rifle and asked for a starting bid of $20 I opened up my mouth and went home with a $20 Springfield 101, if I'm not mistaken. There had been a poor attempt at trying to make it into a youth gun, with a hack saw. Mom was upset that I put it in the corner of her hallway, so, I pulled the bolt and put it somewhere else. Deckades later and several states away, I'm here in Laffy with a POS rifle with no bolt. One of our former city councilors sponsors a gun buy back a a local church. Sold him the rifle that won't shoot for $50. The local TV station came and filmed the transaction from the knees down. (to protect no questions asked anonymity) Subsequently the bolt was found and is in my desk drawer. Anybody need a bolt for a single shot Springfield?

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    I picked up a Ruger LC9 NRA edition (gen 1) for my first CC pistol. Trigger was so bad I couldn't hit anything at the range. I didnt scale it but it seemed to be about 15 lbs or more on the pull. Traded it for a glock..

Bennie

Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Feb 23, 2021
    Zachary, LA
    Without a doubt a Bond Arms Rough & Rowdy Derringer in 45/410. The trigger pull was so hard that you could not fire it with one hand.
    Bond Arms now own it again.

Top Bottom