What’s the worst gun you’ve owned/ own?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I see a handful of Kel Tec guns mentioned. Kel tec seems to have some really good ideas and often come out with something pretty cool, unique, and practical guns but they all seem to be a bit under built and like somewhat unfinished projects. They were the first to make a couple of really popular guns that other companies took the design and come out with a better version. The P3AT comes to mind turning out the ruger lcp models.
    Look at the P11, years ahead of the P365. I still think of how they can cram 12 rounds into the flush fit mag in the P11.

Crappy trigger, otherwise a nice enough micro 9 years ahead of the pack.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    I’ve owned two Kimber 1911s that were nothing but problems. I’ll never own another Kimber. For those prices, Kimbers should give you little to no issues.
    I had like 3 or 4 that were flawless. Just to pretty for me.

For me, we have some crappy 22lr snubnose revolver. It's not a bad gun, but it's damn near impossible to hit anything further than about 3 feet away. Lol.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    View attachment 142509
    The Raven 25 Auto. I was young and wanted something. This was all I could afford. Hard as heck to find ammo for it. I traded it in as a down payment for a 10/22 rifle.
    Bought one of those years ago for the wife, she wouldn't touch it. I ended up giving it to my Mother in Law. Tried to shoot a possum with it about 15 ft away under a shed, missed that darn thang even at that distance. I shoulda just threw it at him.

Shooterbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2024
    St James
    I bought my son a Rossi Trifecta set. A top break, single shot receiver and three uppers in .22lr, 20ga and .243 in a zippered case. Seemed like a good idea for a young hunter. I put a Burris Fullfield II scope on the .243 and we headed to the range. Long story short.....I tried just about every commercially made ammo and even loaded some of my own but could not get it sighted in. I talked to a couple people having the same problem with their .243 barrels. I decided it wasn't that bad because I still had a .22lr and a 20ga for relatively cheap. Wrong! The 22lr barrel printed the same shotgun pattern the .243 barrel did. Not sure where these barrels came from but everyone I talked to about them said none of the rifled barrels in the Trifecta sets were any good. One guy sent his back to Rossi. In the process of fitting a new .243 barrel to his set it created a poor fit for the 22 and 20ga barrels. I opted to just chock it up as a learning lesson (and the most expensive single shot 20ga I own)

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Had a street sweeper before the 90’s ban under Clinton. Labeled it a “Destructive Device”. To be honest, it was a heavy, burdensome POS. I had no problem getting rid of it. I have Saigas now and they’re more firepower in a sweeter package. If I’m not mistaken, the street sweeper is still outlawed.

EdRo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2022
    Ruston
    I bought my son a Rossi Trifecta set. A top break, single shot receiver and three uppers in .22lr, 20ga and .243 in a zippered case. Seemed like a good idea for a young hunter. I put a Burris Fullfield II scope on the .243 and we headed to the range. Long story short.....I tried just about every commercially made ammo and even loaded some of my own but could not get it sighted in. I talked to a couple people having the same problem with their .243 barrels. I decided it wasn't that bad because I still had a .22lr and a 20ga for relatively cheap. Wrong! The 22lr barrel printed the same shotgun pattern the .243 barrel did. Not sure where these barrels came from but everyone I talked to about them said none of the rifled barrels in the Trifecta sets were any good. One guy sent his back to Rossi. In the process of fitting a new .243 barrel to his set it created a poor fit for the 22 and 20ga barrels. I opted to just chock it up as a learning lesson (and the most expensive single shot 20ga I own)
    I had one of these trifecta kits too. Accuracy wasn't the issue, ftf was. Totally unpredictable. Sometimes fired, sometimes not. Couldn't fix it. Sent it to Taurus for repairs, they couldn't find a problem. Sold it with full disclosure. Glad it's gone.

CyberSlacker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Lafayette, la
    Olympic Arms AR pistol. POS from the flash hider to the buffer tube, came out ok though, bought it for $300, walking around a gunshow with it, a dealer stopped me and offered an even trade for a G19

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    My first (& worst) of many semi-auto .22 LR pistols - the J. C. Higgins Model 80 in 1962. I had been introduced to the Hi-Standard Supermatic on the U of Ark Army R.O.T.C. rifle team and loved it. I had been a revolver shooter til then, but had to have a semi-auto. The JCH was made by HS & while it was a far cry away from the Supermatic, it was all I could afford in a HS-like piece. Went down to a bridge on Bayou Meto to kill some cans. Cut my thumb on the sharp edge mag follower button, the trigger was about like my old daisy bb gun, had to aim almost 3" to the side to hit a soup can at about 30' with 2 different ammo types. Traded it the same day I bought it & added cash to get my first of many Rugers - a Mk I.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom