What’s the worst gun you’ve owned/ own?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    Keltec P11, the 1st micro 9. The size of the P365, with a bit fuller grip. It came as a 10 rounder, but 12 round flush mags were available from Keltec, so better than the 365. Until you try and shoot it. Super heavy and long DAO trigger. It was a hammer fired piston. The trigger had to go all the way back to the frame to break. Then at about 15 pounds.

shame it could have been good.

Aurellevi

Intermediate
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Oct 1, 2013
    Denham Springs
    First 2 handguns were pretty bad. Hi-Point JHP-45 would discharge once before malfunction. Jimenez 9, don't recall the model, didnt last 100 rounds. A chunk at the rear of the slide broke off during that first use. Got what I payed for!

xcrunner214

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    5c522a794e60f73d761bc70af12f564c.jpg

This limit edition colt, that won’t feed HST/Gold dots and rattles like crazy

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    For a long time I would have said a Ruger MKII that I bought used. Upon loading from empty wit a magazine change the first trigger pull was dead then you had to manually push the trigger forward and it shot fine until the next magazine change from empty. I shot it like that for years until someone on RimfireCentral had resolved the same issue with theirs. It was an improperly installed spring and pivot. Ran like a sewing machine ever since.

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Marlin 81TS. It didn't shoot groups. It shot a modified choke pattern no matter than ammo. I was fairly young then and sold it at a gun show. Today, I'd probably see it as a challenge and pour three times the money I paid for it to get it to shoot right.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    Keltec P11, the 1st micro 9. The size of the P365, with a bit fuller grip. It came as a 10 rounder, but 12 round flush mags were available from Keltec, so better than the 365. Until you try and shoot it. Super heavy and long DAO trigger. It was a hammer fired piston. The trigger had to go all the way back to the frame to break. Then at about 15 pounds.

shame it could have been good.
    I had one of those also and am on the Ktog forum, I tried every trick in the book to lighten it up, sold it. Great gun shoot good, no jamming, but that trigger!

SwampyDog

certified gun nut
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2012
    Killian
    I have two for this list. I have one of the cursed Remington 742s that I won't sell simply because I wouldn't wish that problematic POS on anyone. It's been fired maybe 100 times in It's 40 years in my family and never twice in a row without a hang up or something breaking on it.
    The second is a Bond Arms Derringer with a trigger so stiff that your finger feels like it's gonna break before the shot does. I have several barrels for it and shooting the "Cowboy Defender" .45 barrel is about as pleasant as taking a hammer to the web of your hand.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Chinese SKS. Got it and a case of 7.62x39 ammo as a package deal. Went to sighting it in and it wasn't even on paper at 50 yards. Finally at 15 yards I was able to get a hole in paper. Even with the sights at the mechanical limit I still couldn't get it sighted in. Two gunsmiths later I was resigned that I had a bad one. Ended up selling it at a gunshow. Pitty the poor SOB who bought it.

VashHash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2023
    Lafayette
    Diamondback DB9. Would jam constantly during the "break in" period. I didn't have the patience to finish breaking it in so I got rid of it.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Marlin 81TS. It didn't shoot groups. It shot a modified choke pattern no matter than ammo. I was fairly young then and sold it at a gun show. Today, I'd probably see it as a challenge and pour three times the money I paid for it to get it to shoot right.
    You just saved me $150 lol. I just came across one of these at a pawn shop near my house any was eyeing it a bit. I don’t have enough time on my hands to acquire another project gun.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I see a handful of Kel Tec guns mentioned. Kel tec seems to have some really good ideas and often come out with something pretty cool, unique, and practical guns but they all seem to be a bit under built and like somewhat unfinished projects. They were the first to make a couple of really popular guns that other companies took the design and come out with a better version. The P3AT comes to mind turning out the ruger lcp models.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom