What do you blame obama for in your personal life?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Obama most certainly is responsible.

Just as every President is responsible for the state of our economy under their administration, so is Obama.

But with Obama, it goes much further.

We have it from the man's own mouth that he believes in redistribution.
    Regardless of what he says or you want to believe, he is taxing the middle class and up.
    He has and is passing money to his political allies with loans to their "green" energy companies.
    Do I need to list how many of those have gone bankrupt?
    All the money he funneled to GM and Chrysler that he claims "saved the automobile industry" was smoke and mirrors.
    Ford, Nissan, Toyota, and the others were and are doing fine without any bailout money.
    That in itself proves what a crock it was.

The entire stimulus bill debacle contributed more to the slide than the Bush prescription drugs plan or TARP ever could.

Let's not forget the drilling ban after the BP blowout.
    Do you think his moratorium helped our economy?
    If so, how?
    That moratorium took jobs and dollars out of our economy all in the name of destabilization.
    I think Obama will continue to use energy policy on the future to royally destabilize the economy.

You cannot cover Obama's ass by claiming that programs that were put in place "before he was born" are not his fault.
    That is the ultimate in naieve ********.
    When Obama was elected we had an AAA credit rating.
    It is his failure to control spending led to our rating reduction.

Obama could have addressed Medicare/caid and Social Security, but he has chosen not to.
    His inaction is what I think led to the 7 billion increase in the debt.
    Obama's love for deficit spending will continue to put our economy in a more and more precarious position.

Amazingly he got re-elected by blaming Bush long after he was gone.
    Who is he going to blame next year?
    Or the next?

Not only has he contributed to our current economic situation and debt but as time goes by his policies will make the current national debt look like a drop in the bucket.
    Rolling back the Bush tax cuts will do more harm to the economy.
    His so-called carbon taxes will heap more on the pile.
    And let's not forget the taxes associated with Obamacare.

As for your civics lesson, this man has redefined the role the President plays in the budgetary process so much that all past thoughts and policies are out the window.

His steadfast belief in Keynesian economics is well documented.

And history has shown Keynesian economics to be an utter failure everywhere they have been tried.

So, not only has he willingly helped to put our economy in the predicament it is in, be it through action or inaction, the policies he is currently establishing will do even greater harm.

So, you're ok with blaming a president for our national debt, when congress hasn't passed a budget in 3 years?
    When 3.2-4 trillion dollars of that debt is from Iraq/Afganistan?
    When another trillion come from the bush tax cuts?
    When the decrease in federal revenue as compared to before the housing crash is roughly 3 trillion?

That is HALF of the national debt right there.

http://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/revenue_chart_2000_2013USb_13s1li011mcn_F0t
    http://costsofwar.org/article/economic-cost-summary
    http://costoftaxcuts.com/

As far as your comment regarding our credit rating, that was caused by speculators seeing how dumb many members in congress are, our inability as a nation to work together, etc. Simply put, our inability to extend the debt ceiling resulted in our credit rating.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-57449868/s-p-affirms-reduced-u.s-credit-rating/

Moving to the drilling moratorium, you're right, it hurt production so much. The total production in 2010 was a mind boggling 0.5% lower than it was in 2009. When BP was drilling at that depth, they had no clue what to do if(obviously when) something happened. I would hardly consider attempts to stop the fishing, tourism, etc. industries from being destroyed again, a damage to the economy, especially when production only dropped by 0.5%.

http://ycharts.com/indicators/gulf_...&zoom=&startDate=1/31/2009&endDate=12/31/2010

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/07/senator-mangles-facts-on-drilling-moratorium/

I know sources and facts are difficult for people like you, so I included them in an effort to make it more difficult for you to hide from reality.

Last edited:

LeftyDiego

Lefty Diego
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    West of the Pecos
    Nothing, I left a job in 2008 without another one lined up. I was living in BR. I started a new job three months later. Oh wait, ammo and gun prices went up. Now, the oil and gas environmental world is under attack.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    So, you're ok with blaming a president for our national debt, when congress hasn't passed a budget in 3 years?
    When 3.2-4 trillion dollars of that debt is from Iraq/Afganistan?
    When another trillion come from the bush tax cuts?
    When the decrease in federal revenue as compared to before the housing crash is roughly 3 trillion?

That is HALF of the national debt right there.

http://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/revenue_chart_2000_2013USb_13s1li011mcn_F0t
    http://costsofwar.org/article/economic-cost-summary
    http://costoftaxcuts.com/

As far as your comment regarding our credit rating, that was caused by speculators seeing how dumb many members in congress are, our inability as a nation to work together, etc. Simply put, our inability to extend the debt ceiling resulted in our credit rating.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-57449868/s-p-affirms-reduced-u.s-credit-rating/

Moving to the drilling moratorium, you're right, it hurt production so much. The total production in 2010 was a mind boggling 0.5% lower than it was in 2009. When BP was drilling at that depth, they had no clue what to do if(obviously when) something happened. I would hardly consider attempts to stop the fishing, tourism, etc. industries from being destroyed again, a damage to the economy, especially when production only dropped by 0.5%.

http://ycharts.com/indicators/gulf_...&zoom=&startDate=1/31/2009&endDate=12/31/2010

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/07/senator-mangles-facts-on-drilling-moratorium/

There are two or three sides to every story.

Your choice to blindly follow one and completely disregard the others doesn't mean I should.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    There are two or three sides to every story.

Your choice to blindly follow one and completely disregard the others doesn't mean I should.

So, by making a statement, giving sources for items in that statement, I am the blind follower? That's funny.

DK3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Alexandria
    I know we all have general reasons to dislike the guy, but I was just curious. What do you blame on him, that happened to you personally? Did you lose a job or can't get a job, increased stress led to ulcers/relationship issues, mexicans he refused to deport do a bad job of roofing your house after issac, did rioting Africans tear up your lawn after the election, Obama's anti-oil policy ethanol give you car problems? Its the car problems for me, what about you?

I directly blame him for my increase in healthcare costs. My health insurance has increased over $250 for 10% less coverage with a deductible that has been raised $1,500 higher. I work for a small business, and Obamacare has hit our wallets hard with healthcare.

So, that is my example of real-life measurable negative impact of Obama's presidency so far. Now, comes what has been announced this week: An end to the Bush-era tax incentives. I not only work or a small business, I also sell to small businesses. The Bush tax incentives are just that ... incentives. They have helped small businesses (mom & pop businesses) continue to be competitive by providing write offs for new equipment, upgraded computers/software, and other things to help them more efficient/safe/helpful to their customers. If these incentives end, then they will not purchase these things as frequently, they will slip behind the larger corporations, possibly lose business, and worst case scenario ... be forced to close. This is not doom and gloom ... in the industry that I am in, it is real... and is already taking place. So, if my customers "tighten up" their finances ... then that will "tighten up" mine. We still live in the best country in the world, but we have some of the poorest leadership that I have seen in my lifetime.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I direclty blame him for my increase in healthcare costs. My health insurance has increased over $250 for 10% less coverage with a deductible that has been raised $1,500 higher. I work for a small business, and Obamacare has hit our wallets hard with healthcare.

So, that is my example of real-life measurable negative impact of Obama's presidency so far. Now, comes what has been announced this week: An end to the Bush-era tax incentives. I not only work or a small business, I also sell to small businesses. The Bush tax incentives are just that ... incentives. They have helped small businesses (mom & pop businesses) continue to be competitive by providing write offs for new equipment, upgraded computers/software, and other things to help them more efficient/safe/helpful to their customers. If these incentives end, then they will not purchase these things as frequently, they will slip behind the larger corporations, possibly lose business, and worst case scenario ... be forced to close. This is not doom and gloom ... in the industry that I am in, it is real... and is already taking place. So, if my customers "tighten up" their finances ... then that will "tighten up" mine. We still live in the best country in the world, but we have some of the poorest leadership that I have seen in my lifetime.

Are you a fan of capitalism?

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    So, by making a statement, giving sources for items in that statement, I am the blind follower? That's funny.

You cherry picked your references to back up your beliefs, which is typical of most everybody.

I didn't need references for my posts.

What part of two to three sides to every story did you not understand?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    You cherry picked your references to back up your beliefs, which is typical of most everybody.

I didn't need references for my posts.

What part of two to three sides to every story did you not understand?

This isn't a story, these are facts. There are two opinions when dealing with facts, the right one and the wrong one. Also I would hardly consider using sites that simply show data as cherry picking references. Unless you think that data isn't a good source of information. Did you actually visit any of the pages I listed, or are you making assumptions as to their content?

Can you source any of YOUR claims from a non biased website, using statistics? Please show me a site where it says Obama is to blame for 16 trillion dollars worth of debt, and actually backs up that statement with REAL data.

Last edited:

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    This isn't a story, these are facts. There are two opinions when dealing with facts, the right one and the wrong one. Also I would hardly consider using sites that simply show data as cherry picking references. Unless you think that data isn't a good source of information. Did you actually visit any of the pages I listed, or are you making assumptions as to their content?

Can you source any of YOUR claims from a non biased website, using statistics? Please show me a site where it says Obama is to blame for 16 trillion dollars worth of debt, and actually backs up that statement with REAL data.

I said 7 not 16.

You just can't stand that people don't agree with you can you Kevin?

DK3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Alexandria
    Are you a fan of capitalism?

Yes, but I'm not a fan of trying to stop a moving train with a 180 degree turn. It needs to be gradual. I'm ok with the tax incentives ending if it will help get us out of this mess. However, they should have continued to scale them back instead of stopping them abruptly. Ending them altogether at one moment will create another "bubble".

Keep in mind, the OP asked how this President's policies have personally impacted me. Like I stated originally, my family health insurance costs have already hit my family and my fellow co-workers. The huge mistake with abruptly ending the Section 179 tax incentives is something I see having a negative impact on the future.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I blame him for diminishing the pride and love I've had for my country.

I blame him for embarrassing me over and over again.

I blame him for unashamedly working to destroy the constitutional republic that I desire to be a part of.

I blame him for offending my God who will, in turn, judge this nation harshly

Top Bottom