What do you carry?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Oh! That joke...sounded pretty normal to me. Except for the
    bathing part. :)

The movie reference about the spoon was funny. Can you put an English accent on it to make it more funny? :)

Concerning the CCW, the horrific accounts of people being attacked that are posted here on BS aren't enough to motivate you? :(

The 2 guns I OC all the time refer to my arms...

I know. I'm going to get it. I do carry one in my car all the time.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    The 2 guns I OC all the time refer to my arms...

I know. I'm going to get it. I do carry one in my car all the time.

Your "GUNS"! Oh yeah, now that was funny. :rofl:
    I totally missed that one. I think we have similar senses of humor...witty, deep, intelligent, dry... :D
    If your humor is really like mine, you will get in trouble for it often.

About your car gun...how do you have it "ready" when you are in the car and how do you have it secured when you are not?

If your real identity is known and you are not comfortable posting the answer - send me a PM.

Last edited:

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    This is what I roll with Gangsta. I usually carry the spyderco barong or the wave not both. I don't like having a ton of garbage in my pockets and my wallet is a rubber band. I love that watch it has a compass, altimeter, thermometer, etc. I got that thing reel cheap off of Steep and Cheap.
    CIMG2148.JPG

Last edited:

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    This is what I roll with Gangsta. I usually carry the spyderco barong or the wave not both. I don't like having a ton of garbage in my pockets and my wallet is a rubber band. I love that watch it has a compass, altimeter, thermometer, etc. I got that thing reel cheap off of Steep and Cheap.
    CIMG2148.JPG

Not a lot of junk...I like that!

How exactly do you carry that spare mag?

Ever get poked by the can opener?

Last edited:

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Your "GUNS"! Oh yeah, now that was funny. :rofl:
    I totally missed that one. I think we have similar senses of humor...witty, deep, intelligent, dry... :D
    If your humor is really like mine, you will get in trouble for it often.

About your car gun...how do you have it "ready" when you are in the car and how do you have it secured when you are not?

If your real identity is known and you are not comfortable posting the answer - send me a PM.

I pull it out of its holster and put next to my right thigh. It's "secured" under my seat. I drive a 2-seater so it can't be pulled from behind the seat, and the cavity goes back far enough that I have had to stick my whole arm under my seat to reach the gun. I do have a hidden glove box I should probably put it in, which is locked using my car key.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    I pull it out of its holster and put next to my right thigh. It's "secured" under my seat. I drive a 2-seater so it can't be pulled from behind the seat, and the cavity goes back far enough that I have had to stick my whole arm under my seat to reach the gun. I do have a hidden glove box I should probably put it in, which is locked using my car key.

No offense meant... There are several things that could be improved in your setup. They may save your life. If you are open to it, let's start a new thread to discuss.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    The can opener was a joke. Sorry it wasn't funny. :doh:

The spare mag either in a pocket or in the mag pocket on my 5.11 pants.

Some people carry WEIRD stuff so I didn't initially perceive it as a joke. :(

Have you had any problems with lint getting in the mag and/or the top bullet displacing?
    How about the mag moving around in your pocket and not being ready for a fast/sure reload?

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Some people carry WEIRD stuff so I didn't initially perceive it as a joke. :(

Have you had any problems with lint getting in the mag and/or the top bullet displacing?
    How about the mag moving around in your pocket and not being ready for a fast/sure reload?

Nope never any problems I think I am going to end up moving to this setup with the magazine pouch as well as switching holsters. I am looking at a Desantis Intruder as well as this inside the pocket magazine holster:http://www.desantisholster.com:80/storefrontB2CWEB/itemdetail.do?action=prepare_detail&itm_id=1821&itm_index=0

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Nope never any problems I think I am going to end up moving to this setup with the magazine pouch as well as switching holsters. I am looking at a Desantis Intruder as well as this inside the pocket magazine holster:http://www.desantisholster.com:80/storefrontB2CWEB/itemdetail.do?action=prepare_detail&itm_id=1821&itm_index=0

Did I miss something? :confused:

If you never had any problems then why switch to something else. Or spend money on something else for that matter? :confused:

I'd like to learn how you keep lint out of the magazine, how you keep the top bullet from displacing, how the magazine stays in place without moving around in your pocket. ???

And, why you are considering a change to your methods. ???

I have not been able to accomplish what you have in that area and would like to learn how you do it so I and other BSers can benefit from your success.

Please, don't move on to new stuff or abandon the thread before sharing your techniques.

Thanks!

dogbaron

Long Ago and Far Away
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    DailyCarry.jpg

The gun is the venerable Rohm RG10 chambered in the ultra powerful .22 short, a round that is extremely effective against the very dangerous rhinoceros beetle and common cockroach. And yes, the $16.95 in the box is the price paid for this fabulous weapon.

The hatchet is to discourage anyone from trying to take the gun away, doesn’t everybody carry one?

The antique wrench is only a precautionary addition to be used to whack the gun in case of a malfunction.

The magnifying glass is used in conjunction with the tactical flashlight (provided by my granddaughter) to locate any of these high power rounds that may be dropped on the floor. The forceps are used to retrieve them.

Everyone knows that the Kit Kat bar is a source of high energy so necessary in times of heightened stress levels.

The pen is a superb defensive weapon and that can also used to document the time of any possible incident as indicated by the pocket watch. The Mickey Mouse watch is to verify the time on the pocket watch. Everyone knows that Mickey doesn’t lie.

The staple remover is another innovative self defense weapon. It is especially effective in hand to hand combat when applied to the BG’s nose, ear lobe or other sensitive body part and can be used in conjunction with the cork screw/ bottle opener combination tool.

The radio can be used to summon help (if someone is on the same frequency and in range) or be thrown at the BG.

The railroad flare is very useful for fending off the BG, lighting the scene after action or in starting a fire to smoke the BG out of flammable cover.

The knife is self explanatory.

The ticket (and I hate this one) has “KEEP THIS COUPON” printed and every time I take it out of my pocket to throw it away, I read this and have to put it right back in. How will I ever rid myself of this diabolical curse?

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Did I miss something? :confused:

If you never had any problems then why switch to something else. Or spend money on something else for that matter? :confused:

I'd like to learn how you keep lint out of the magazine, how you keep the top bullet from displacing, how the magazine stays in place without moving around in your pocket. ???

And, why you are considering a change to your methods. ???

I have not been able to accomplish what you have in that area and would like to learn how you do it so I and other BSers can benefit from your success.

Please, don't move on to new stuff or abandon the thread before sharing your techniques.

Thanks!

Well if I am not wearing my 5.11 pants I have a free magazine shifting around in my left pocket. I kinda want more stability in there so I know when I reach in I can pull out the mag without having to think on what position it is in. The pocket holster does just that. The Galco clip holster is great but it shifts a bit sometimes which I don't like. That is why I am probably going end up transitioning to a two clip holster. I am also thinking about carrying a S&W .357 2 1/2 model 19 instead of the glock but I am in the process of training with the speed loaders as well as finding a decent holster. I am digging the .357 cartridge as well as wheel guns in general.

Listen I am rookie in terms of concealed carry there are guys on here that have so much more to offer it is ridiculous. You need to get a hold of some of those guys or take some of their classes. I plan on doing just that when I have a break this summer.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom