What is your dream ride? Let's see some pics

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    Details schmetails.. The point's the same. I'd be happy with a new Boss too. Hell, I wouldn't mind having a Terminator to play with on weekends either. There were a few years where I was seriously considering dropping a twin screw or a cent. SC under my hood. Glad I didn't though. I don't need the extra power. All to often, I lack the restraint and would use it inappropriately. It's not about money to me, and I don't care what the fastest car on the road is. I love Mustangs, pure and simple.
    It all started when a friend of my sister's ex husband got a new 85 GT convertable. That car was the sweetest damned thing I'd ever seen. Black with red leather interior... Anyhow, I recently traded mine in and got a family car, since we're having another baby in the next week or two. Need more room for baby crap.
    If somebody likes their "preferred car" more than what mine is, good for them. I don't lose sleep over it. It's just very keyboard commando to go bashing other folks rides. Same for their guns, or guitars for that matter.

Skip the termi. I've owned two. The 2011+ is 10x the car. They where the **** when built. But tech has advanced. I like the bosses too. You and I seem to share the love. Except my 11 5.0 has supercharged. And has a baby seat in the back. Lol

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Dear god! I was mainly talking about the orange peal, though.
    It is the reflection of the concrete in the paint

I'll try to look at a 430 tomorrow. There are aspects of it that aren't that impressive. Then there are some that are!!

Supposedly the 430 is one of the best to live with as super cars go. Ironically the owner also owns a 370 and said the brakes are really good on it.

I like a lot of things so it is hard to narrow down 'dream cars'. I like purpose built race cars in many ways. I used to attend vintage races. I like a lot of the 'lower' classes like formula 3, formula ford, S2's (Sports 2000) and other stuff you don't see much on TV.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    It is the reflection of the concrete in the paint

I'll try to look at a 430 tomorrow. There are aspects of it that aren't that impressive. Then there are some that are!!

Supposedly the 430 is one of the best to live with as super cars go. Ironically the owner also owns a 370 and said the brakes are really good on it.

I like a lot of things so it is hard to narrow down 'dream cars'. I like purpose built race cars in many ways. I used to attend vintage races. I like a lot of the 'lower' classes like formula 3, formula ford, S2's (Sports 2000) and other stuff you don't see much on TV.

Great irony indeed. The brakes in my 370 have been horrible. It all started at 10k miles when I hit them at freeway speed when a truck moved over in my lane. Since then, I'm now on my 3rd set of rotors. Hoping for the best. They took the whole system apart this time. Brake feel is numb in the Z. It feels like the car is pressing them and you're just asking it to. In my Corvette and the brz I drove, its like you're pressing them and the car is assisting. Hard to describe, just much more feedback in other cars. They do stop the vehicle fast though, although the front weight bias sucks.

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    The 430 is a great looking car, there is a lawyer in Mandeville who used daily drive (or damn near every day it seemed) his bright red 430. It was awesome.

Myfavorite Ferrari is not even mid engine. The 599xx

Ferrari-599XX_2010_photo_03.jpg

Ferrari-599XX_2010_photo_06.jpg

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Dear god! I was mainly talking about the orange peal, though.

The carbon fiber texture is clearly visible through the paint on most of the supercars that have body panels made from it, F40/F50/Enzo. The more "mundane" ;) 430/360/355's are all metal panels, so smooth as glass.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    The carbon fiber texture is clearly visible through the paint on most of the supercars that have body panels made from it, F40/F50/Enzo. The more "mundane" ;) 430/360/355's are all metal panels, so smooth as glass.
    my car was a fatty. Smoothe paint over the carbon fiber.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Great irony indeed. The brakes in my 370 have been horrible. It all started at 10k miles when I hit them at freeway speed when a truck moved over in my lane. Since then, I'm now on my 3rd set of rotors. Hoping for the best. They took the whole system apart this time. Brake feel is numb in the Z. It feels like the car is pressing them and you're just asking it to. In my Corvette and the brz I drove, its like you're pressing them and the car is assisting. Hard to describe, just much more feedback in other cars. They do stop the vehicle fast though, although the front weight bias sucks.

I got the number wrong it is a 350. I can't remember what comes after such 'R' or whatever the tuning designation. It had the strut braces and some other things. Pretty sure it had Brembos. I didn't spend much time around it. It was out & about to be sold.

The paint on the 430 was not going to win best of show. Not bad, but not stunning either. It is a used car, so I can't say what it looked like new. It gets used, it gets bruised. We dropped it off at a PCA event and went to the kart track. (I got to drive a dodge diesel pick up.) There was a 908 there that was for sale. 2.5 million asking price.
    It was this car:
    http://cdn-7.motorsport.com/static/img/mgl/1200000/1270000/1274000/1274700/1274787/s1_1.jpg

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I like talking to the owner's of 'Dream Cars' and find out some of the downsides of them.

The Ferrari F430 key cost a grand. Reverse gear is hard on the clutch.

One of the Porsche guys told me he can't take his Mercedes through the car wash. The tires are too wide. (not sure about his sense of humor though)

There are some others I have heard over the years.

W1nds0rF0x

Snap, Crackle, Pop.
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 8, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I like talking to the owner's of 'Dream Cars' and find out some of the downsides of them.

The Ferrari F430 key cost a grand. Reverse gear is hard on the clutch.

One of the Porsche guys told me he can't take his Mercedes through the car wash. The tires are too wide. (not sure about his sense of humor though)

There are some others I have heard over the years.

I'd love to know hte particulars on that, you'd think it would be a Porsche that had wider tires than a MB. I have 9" wide rims with 245-45-17 on the Mustang and it fits.

Top Bottom