What optics do you guys have on your AR?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Eotech 512 for me, on a Larue mount. About to finish up some builds soon hopefully, the wife wants magnification and I'm leaning to the Leupold Mark AR series for her.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Late to the party, but if you still wanted to know this is 12" steel at 500 yards. The top right hit is .308

attachment.php

Is that a Blue Tick laying down?

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    FENDER!!!!!

on my ARs
    Leupold mark AR 3-9
    Burris Tac-30
    and one has a UTG fixed 6x. I'll replace it one day, but it works.

I've looked at the T-1, the Comp M4, the Strikefire, the Eotechs...I don't like them, too much obstructing your view, and tunneling with the aimpoints. I actually prefer the Tac-30 at 1x over an eotech or aimpoint.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Love my Meopta, too, but those 300+ yard targets at BRM3G sure demonstrate the limitations of 4x optics to for my eyes ;).

Beyond 300 yards, if money were no object, I'd prefer a 1-6x.

The K-dot a 1x is nearly as fast a an EOTech on close stuff, IMO, and works great until the distances get more extreme.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    FENDER!!!!!

on my ARs
    Leupold mark AR 3-9
    Burris Tac-30
    and one has a UTG fixed 6x. I'll replace it one day, but it works.

I've looked at the T-1, the Comp M4, the Strikefire, the Eotechs...I don't like them, too much obstructing your view, and tunneling with the aimpoints. I actually prefer the Tac-30 at 1x over an eotech or aimpoint.

I dont notice any obstructions with my T-1 if you used both eyes open the optic just disappears, your brain fuses the two images together and your left with what looks like a red dot floating on your target.

goodburbon

Whalmitfahrer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2008
    Around
    I dont notice any obstructions with my T-1 if you used both eyes open the optic just disappears, your brain fuses the two images together and your left with what looks like a red dot floating on your target.

Honestly the T-1 glass was just too dark and too small, and when he said the price I just couldn't believe it. The other red dots I couldn't stand the "tunneling", and the Eotech I just don't like, no idea why, I've shot them several times and I just don't like them. To each their own though, and I'm glad you found something you like. If everyone liked the same thing, we wouldn't have all of these options.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    Honestly the T-1 glass was just too dark and too small, and when he said the price I just couldn't believe it. The other red dots I couldn't stand the "tunneling", and the Eotech I just don't like, no idea why, I've shot them several times and I just don't like them. To each their own though, and I'm glad you found something you like. If everyone liked the same thing, we wouldn't have all of these options.

Honestly if it wasnt for my nightvision I would go with something with magnification. Havent noticed the glass being dark on my T1 though maybe you just looked through some bad ones or knock offs? I guess it doesnt work the same for everyone but for me like I said earlier there is no tunneling its just a dot floating in the air and you have peripherals just like you do not looking through any optic. When I first got it I had similar thoughts as you but after a couple of hundred rounds I learned that it was simply not the case. You dont get the same feel looking through one in the store as you do actually shooting it.

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Jmanrogers' Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T. Had to order a cheek riser as that sucker is pretty tall. Haven't shot with it yet, though, but I foresee no problems. SOLID construction.

Top Bottom