Why don't some sellers respond to PM's when they are selling something ???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Yall ever think of maybe a family emergency? Last minute weekend trip? Called in for overtime? Look like most expect a reply 5 minutes lster. I got a reply last night after 3 days. Seller went on a camping trip. No big deal. Trust me, family and work is way more important to me than this forum
    Hahahaha!!

This! Even when I have an ad on here I may not check in for days at a time. Had no idea the people I must be pissing off. Lordy be.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Hahahaha!!

This! Even when I have an ad on here I may not check in for days at a time. Had no idea the people I must be pissing off. Lordy be.

The struggle is real.

I've had people PM me, then E-mail me, then PM me stating that they PM'd and E-mailed me. Then they get pissy when I don't respond or respond later in the evening. It's already been stated, but my favorite is when I say "FTF only" in a general area, then I get PM's asking if I would ship it. Sometimes I say yes, on their dime, and sometimes I say no, but the people that drive me insane are the people who ask you to ship it and don't want to pay for shipping.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    The stare at the smart phone constantly crowd expect an instant reply. They do not conceive of others who do not live and die by the smart phone. I see people who stare at it while working out at the gym. Read a good joke the other day "Hey I am having friends over to the house tonight to sit around and look at their phones, stop by if you want".

Last edited:

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    oppsImissed;1520729agreed said:
    Yall ever think of maybe a family emergency? Last minute weekend trip? Called in for overtime? Look like most expect a reply 5 minutes lster. I got a reply last night after 3 days. Seller went on a camping trip. No big deal. Trust me, family and work is way more important to me than this forum

Agreed, however if you are a seller you have a responsibility to at least check your in box regularly.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Guys, I was out of a service area. I responded to three inquiries as soon as I got home yesterday afternoon. I was gone for 3 days. I even told the 2nd and 3rd inquirers that #1 had first right of refusal because he contacted me first. He refused it so #2 got it. I don't think that I should have to drive to a service area every day to make sure that I am not disrespecting someone. **** happens!

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    As usual there are a bunch of nincumpoops that are missing the point. The members here know when another member is online or off. If u haven't been online in a few days we the members know that. The problem is with the dingbats that are online here everyday but fail to return messages. There are a bunch out there that are advertising things that they don't plan on selling just to boast about look what I have. I have presented full price offers to some and never heard from again.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    The struggle is real.

I've had people PM me, then E-mail me, then PM me stating that they PM'd and E-mailed me. Then they get pissy when I don't respond or respond later in the evening. It's already been stated, but my favorite is when I say "FTF only" in a general area, then I get PM's asking if I would ship it. Sometimes I say yes, on their dime, and sometimes I say no, but the people that drive me insane are the people who ask you to ship it and don't want to pay for shipping.

Could you ship me a transcript of this post? For Free? Don't respond here but do PM me within 30 seconds.

A long time ago I figured out the sooner people show how they really are the less you have to invest to tell they are not worth it. It make me appreciate the good people and waste less resources on the nowhere trips.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It's common sense so if your asking well then the answer is obvious

You're a little late to the party, but I see it flew over your head on your way in.

Could you ship me a transcript of this post? For Free? Don't respond here but do PM me within 30 seconds.

A long time ago I figured out the sooner people show how they really are the less you have to invest to tell they are not worth it. It make me appreciate the good people and waste less resources on the nowhere trips.

Yea, there is a huge difference between the folks that say:
    "Hey there, I'm interested in what you're selling, please get back to me as soon as possible."

Compared to the folks that say:
    "Hey I'll take it."
    "Hey it's been an hour and you haven't messaged back, so I'm guessing it's sold."
    "Hey I sent you a PM earlier today and I thought it was sold, do you still have it?"
    "Hey I don't want it, because obviously you won't respond."

Wouldn't be my first time driving somewhere only to have someone not show up.

Top Bottom