Why don't some sellers respond to PM's when they are selling something ???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    You know, Last Wednesday I was texting a guy I Crowley when the wife and I stopped in Fezzos next to the Harley Davidson place on I -10
    Tried too respond to his PM and my phone was blocked
    Reason, Firearms?
    Needless to say, We didn't make a hook up.

It's like I fell into Liberal douchbaggerty...In Louisiana?

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    You know, Last Wednesday I was texting a guy I Crowley when the wife and I stopped in Fezzos next to the Harley Davidson place on I -10
    Tried too respond to his PM and my phone was blocked
    Reason, Firearms?
    Needless to say, We didn't make a hook up.

It's like I fell into Liberal douchbaggerty...In Louisiana?

Wait, what?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Guys, I was out of a service area. I responded to three inquiries as soon as I got home yesterday afternoon. I was gone for 3 days. I even told the 2nd and 3rd inquirers that #1 had first right of refusal because he contacted me first. He refused it so #2 got it. I don't think that I should have to drive to a service area every day to make sure that I am not disrespecting someone. **** happens!

Your insolence will not be tolerated!

Off with his head! :mamoru:

On the other hand, I have a friend who has a friend who is a great virtual Attorney! He specializes in internet forum Jurisprudence! Don't say another word until you two can have a consultation. I see the prosecution has started to gang up on the defendant! ;)

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I think you are correct, I ask the waiter to check with the manager IF Fezzo's was blocking certain site's, Never got an answer.

I was able to connect to Bayou Shooters after we left the Liberal craphole.

I've been there. I doubt there is anyone in there capable of configuring the wi-fi to exclude this particular .com.

If you ask the wait staff if there are any specials, don't be surprised if they march out 2 dishwashers with downs syndrome.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I've been there. I doubt there is anyone in there capable of configuring the wi-fi to exclude this particular .com.

If you ask the wait staff if there are any specials, don't be surprised if they march out 2 dishwashers with downs syndrome.

You could be right! The screen simply said Reason Firearms'

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

It's super easy to turn on a generic filter that filters our basic terms. I imagine "shooter" or one of our meta descriptions triggered the block. Probably not what they intended on filtering, but I can definitely see how it could have been blacklisted.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    End of story I missed a buy in Crowley that's like 20 miles down I-10 because my phone was blocked by certain words associated with the site. Can't fault the seller at all;

That sucks :/ You don't have a data plan?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    No, I'm afraid I'm a knuckle dragging oilfield guy and I've never looked into a data plan and wouldn't know where to start to be honest.

Walk into a Verizon store (or whoever you have your cell phone plan through) and talk to them about data plans for whatever device you use to browse the internet. You can likely get one super cheap for your phone (10-15 a month) or something similar (iPad or laptop). It's easy to setup and use. Just don't go over data. For a mild internet user, 2 or 3 gb per month should be very fine for you.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Walk into a Verizon store (or whoever you have your cell phone plan through) and talk to them about data plans for whatever device you use to browse the internet. You can likely get one super cheap for your phone (10-15 a month) or something similar (iPad or laptop). It's easy to setup and use. Just don't go over data. For a mild internet user, 2 or 3 gb per month should be very fine for you.
    Thanks, I'll check with AT&T when I beach in.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    2 or 3 gb per month should be very fine for you.

LOL

I use 30+ each month. AT&T charged me an extra $5/mo to keep my Unlimited Data plan, so I'm making them suffer.

Edit -

Just kiddin'... I've used 55.3GB this period so far. :redfinger:

Last edited:

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    You're a little late to the party, but I see it flew over your head on your way in.

Yea, there is a huge difference between the folks that say:
    "Hey there, I'm interested in what you're selling, please get back to me as soon as possible."

Compared to the folks that say:
    "Hey I'll take it."
    "Hey it's been an hour and you haven't messaged back, so I'm guessing it's sold."
    "Hey I sent you a PM earlier today and I thought it was sold, do you still have it?"
    "Hey I don't want it, because obviously you won't respond."

Wouldn't be my first time driving somewhere only to have someone not show up.

So No PM yet . . . I guess that free transcript ain't gonna happen either.

I have been jacked around on a deal or 2 and have even been the screwup on at least 2 occasions. Not getting bent about it is how I cope and I truly appreciate the guys that forgave me for my getting sidetracked early on to mid deal. Some times things do happen that make you forget about something like a deal on BS.com After a certain point some of it can be annoying like being really late or a no show with no phone call.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    LOL

I use 30+ each month. AT&T charged me an extra $5/mo to keep my Unlimited Data plan, so I'm making them suffer.

Edit -

Just kiddin'... I've used 55.3GB this period so far. :redfinger:

How...? You've got to be streaming a TON of video. We have a 21gb plan (per month) for 5 people and we go over maybe once a year.

Top Bottom