Women to be allowed in front line combat

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    Just make the PT requirements the same and its all good. I knew several women that I would have loved to have next to me over some of the guys.

Current physical requirements are different. But that was due to the lack of women in combat infantry roles. Now, my little sister came back a couple of months ago from basic and is currently at OTS in AL, she has been asked to go through the Ranger program. She did turn it down (as far as i know) but this "invitation" was prior to this news story. They have things figured out; I’m sure the women who want combat will have to meet the same requirements.

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Take away male/female physical standards if they're all going to have the same job.

If a soldier is hit in a fire fight, it shouldn't matter if the person next to him is male or female; but they SHOULD be able to pull his ass to safety in a hurry. Somehow, I just don't think a 120lb female with a 60lb pack is going to perform as well.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Glad I'm not still in the military. First gays now this. Another disaster waiting to happen. I foresee nothing but problems.

I'm not against it, I'm just saying there will be problems if captured. They will rape and torture the women and the gays, especially in the middle east.

Last edited:

some_goat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baker/Central area
    Guess I will throw in my 2 cents . Dont drop the bar so that women can serve . Make it all equal regardless . When that time of the month hits tuff titty . I have heard of women getting out of the field by using this as an excuse . No first hand experience in this so speak of if u have seen similar let me know . Also , if gays can now openly be in , for the love of God combine the showers . Last thing , if anything make things tougher , back to high stress and high discipline . Smoke a joe for more than 15 minutes . Just be the old boys club with girls in the mix too .

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I had gay men serve alongside of me in combat.
    Not my inclination but to each his/her own.
    They killed just as good as straights and I trusted them (and always will) with my life.
    If a woman can perform her duties I am all for it.

It's about the person not the gender or persuasion.

M-66supersingle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2012
    http://www.mca-marines.org/gazette/article/get-over-it-we-are-not-all-created-equal
    She expresses my thoughts almost exactly. It's written by a female Marine Captain. There was another article written my a female Marine Lieutenant that went more in depth about specific biological differences. This idea that "It's about the person not the gender or persuasion." is asinine, women's bodies and physiology are not the same as a male's. Lets not forget about the additional logistics concerning women's products and the age old problem of having young men and women working and living in such close quarters especially once you factor in the conditions they will be serving in. There is a reason why males and females do not compete against each other on the olympics or collegiate sports. I can even see that with the female officer candidates that I train with. Heck take some Kinesiology classes and learn about the physical differences. Allowing and pushing for women in combat does absolutely nothing for the combat effectiveness of our service. It's just more political bullsh**.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    M-66,

Excellent article and I thank you for that.
    Captain Petronio is exceptionally well spoken and articulate but I must beg to differ with her position.
    I maintain my original status that it is the person not the gender or orientation that matters in combat.
    That's what makes the world go around, the ability to think and debate.
    :)

M-66supersingle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2012
    Oh yea, lemme add one more thing. We have tried to add women in firefighting and police forces and that has been proven to be a dismal failure. You can say whatever you want "Oh I'm a cop for blah blah pd and our female officers are outstanding" your bias or even the exceptions to the rule do not change the fact that women (generally) are not fit for these roles. Men and women are NOT the same and our capabilities are not interchangeable.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Will it really matter?

I mean the Corps took on volunteers to go through the Infantry Officer Course. They all dropped/failed out. I mean these were 1st Class 300 PFT'ers that volunteered for the program and they couldn't make it.

The only way I see young women making it through Marine Corps SOI is if they drop the standard or you have just one tough ass chick. In that case would it be worth all the hoo-ha to have just that 1 in 500 bad ass chick in the platoon?

I don't know, maybe so. :dunno:

Something just doesn't seem right about allowing those very very select few young women be surrounded by hard charging, testosterone fueled, fire breathing young men. ... :confused: ...

The Army does Co-ed Basic Training in some states, I hear(From Current and Retired) that they are having the constant issues you'd expect. Recruits getting pregnant, dudes fighting over chicks, overly protective Ego's causing problems and on and on. It's just a mess.

In the simplest of forms, there were many times that many men failed to complete training due to physical limitations and they weren't just weak men either. Like Didley, I just don't see the average 18 yr old 115 lbs young woman being able to keep up physically with today's requirements. it seems like they are letting EGO's get in the way of efficiency and it might lead to a lot of women setting themselves up for failure.

I don't know what to think about it but for some reason I'm not 100% against it? :dunno:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    No bueno. The wording of the article is kind of weird.

No way a woman makes it though BUD/s or OTC. Not a chance.

OTC isn't anything like BUDs. Now The Selection that proceeds OTC different story. I don't see many women graduating programs like Ranger School. I carried AT LEAST 60% of my Body Weight everytime I strapped on a ruck. Most often times it was heavier than that. Physiologically women struggle to carry loads that way. Their pelvis is designed differently.

The biggest limitation will be the behavior of men. Men act like retards when around women. It's a inviolable fact. If a squad has a female 1 dude will be close to her and at least one dude will be mad that he isn't. **** like that destroys small unit cohesion.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    **** like that destroys small unit cohesion.

This will always be the #1 argument in my book.
    =======================================

...and the funny pics are starting to roll

girlunti.jpg

Top Bottom