Your budget AR is not "just as good"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Does it bother you?

I’m not the one complaining about it :mamoru:

Not at all. I find it pretty amusing really. That you are obsessed with Mag ignoring you. Shades of the past. They say a tiger cannot lose his stripes ever. I believe it.

Sort of like that on and on grinding pissing match with you and the retired auto mechanic AR builder.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Is Mag on you and Perez's personal radar like I stated maybe 6 weeks ago?

You two seem to pile it on him pretty frequently. Do you two dislike him? Is it a personal issue?

Another member here mentioned the same observation weeks back, the frequent "sh*t show" threads. And here we are, rehashing the same discussion. It's like de ja vu.

It’s a stalking thing. I don’t get it either, but it’s there. It happens regularly. It’s predictable. The inter webs calls it trolling.
    It’s been explained to me that it’s just to get a rise out of me. Funny thing that they’d say that.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Not at all. I find it pretty amusing really. That you are obsessed with Mag ignoring you. Shades of the past. They say a tiger cannot lose his stripes ever. I believe it.

Sort of like that on and on grinding pissing match with you and the retired auto mechanic AR builder.

Sure. Whatever you say, John.

I appreciate the two of you venturing far off topic. I’d like to get back on topic.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Is Mag on you and Perez's personal radar like I stated maybe 6 weeks ago?

You two seem to pile it on him pretty frequently. Do you two dislike him? Is it a personal issue?

Another member here mentioned the same observation weeks back, the frequent "sh*t show" threads. And here we are, rehashing the same discussion. It's like de ja vu.

If it seems that way to someone, it's just confirmation bias for a position they already had. I can act toward him the same way I act toward everyone else and he'll complain that I'm singling him out and attacking him personally. So there is a personal issue but it's not from me.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It’s a stalking thing. I don’t get it either, but it’s there. It happens regularly. It’s predictable. The inter webs calls it trolling.
    It’s been explained to me that it’s just to get a rise out of me. Funny thing that they’d say that.

Come on, man. You replied to Dave to disagree with him. But you did it by replying to someone else's post. You weren't interested in having a discussion with Dave. You just wanted to say he was wrong. So please don't try to pretend it's others doing the trolling.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    If it seems that way to someone, it's just confirmation bias for a position they already had. I can act toward him the same way I act toward everyone else and he'll complain that I'm singling him out and attacking him personally. So there is a personal issue but it's not from me.

That is your perception of it, and you are clearly not objective on this as you are a participant within it. Like I stated I'm not the only one here on the forum that sees the bias.

It is what it is.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Come on, man. You replied to Dave to disagree with him. But you did it by replying to someone else's post. You weren't interested in having a discussion with Dave. You just wanted to say he was wrong. So please don't try to pretend it's others doing the trolling.
    And here you come to Dave’s rescue once again, come on man... right. I replied to the post I could reply to, you know how it is when you have someone on your ignore list. You can’t see or reply to their posts. Just so happens that someone quoted his post so I saw it and posed the question. The only part of that you got right was the part about me not wanting to have a discussion with Dave. Past that, it could have been anyone else who posted that and I’d have the same reply. Same question.
    Do you feel it’s ok to post something like that? I did not, but I only asked the question. I didn’t go trolling. If anything Dave’s statement was the epitome of trolling. I didn’t even address Dave or bring up his name.
    Confirmation yes, bias no, and I’ve already said it before, but I’m pretty sure people see things for what they are. Ain’t nobody on this end complaining because it’s of no real concern.

I’ve tried to look at it from every objective angle and I just don’t see how my post could have been seen as trolling at all.
    To recap:
    How does anyone know it’s an illegal SBR?

Then you went straight to me instead of asking the obvious like I did. So that’s telling.
    Carry on.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    And here you come to Dave’s rescue once again, come on man... right. I replied to the post I could reply to, you know how it is when you have someone on your ignore list. You can’t see or reply to their posts. Just so happens that someone quoted his post so I saw it and posed the question. The only part of that you got right was the part about me not wanting to have a discussion with Dave. Past that, it could have been anyone else who posted that and I’d have the same reply. Same question.
    Do you feel it’s ok to post something like that? I did not, but I only asked the question. I didn’t go trolling. If anything Dave’s statement was the epitome of trolling. I didn’t even address Dave or bring up his name.
    Confirmation yes, bias no, and I’ve already said it before, but I’m pretty sure people see things for what they are. Ain’t nobody on this end complaining because it’s of no real concern.

I’ve tried to look at it from every objective angle and I just don’t see how my post could have been seen as trolling at all.
    To recap:
    How does anyone know it’s an illegal SBR?

Then you went straight to me instead of asking the obvious like I did. So that’s telling.
    Carry on.

So here's what happened. You saw that Dave posted something you could disagree with so you white knighted the guy who posted the ad. It's very telling that you kept noob's quote in your post even though you weren't replying to noob and when asked, you never said who you were replying to. We know you didn't want to have a discussion with Dave but you also didn't want to pass up an opportunity to point out he might be wrong.

So is it an illegal SBR? You seem intent on getting your question answered as if it was asked as a legitimate question rather than an excuse to claim Dave is wrong. So if you want to put this guy's information out there to get your question answered, it can be done. Do you really want your question answered or was the question never really about the answer?

Just because I don't post on here does not mean I'm not reading a lot of what goes on here and looking into what may need looking into. You think it's telling that I didn't ask the obvious question. It's also telling that you think I didn't know that answer and was coming in to defend Dave. It's because, for you, it's personal.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Another **** show thread I see, awesome. Back to the classifieds I go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Another **** show thread I see, awesome. Back to the classifieds I go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seems to happen when someone, who said they would not comment on my threads, decides to show up.

Keeps the moderators busy, I suppose.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So here's what happened. You saw that Dave posted something you could disagree with so you white knighted the guy who posted the ad. It's very telling that you kept noob's quote in your post even though you weren't replying to noob and when asked, you never said who you were replying to. We know you didn't want to have a discussion with Dave but you also didn't want to pass up an opportunity to point out he might be wrong.

So is it an illegal SBR? You seem intent on getting your question answered as if it was asked as a legitimate question rather than an excuse to claim Dave is wrong. So if you want to put this guy's information out there to get your question answered, it can be done. Do you really want your question answered or was the question never really about the answer?

Just because I don't post on here does not mean I'm not reading a lot of what goes on here and looking into what may need looking into. You think it's telling that I didn't ask the obvious question. It's also telling that you think I didn't know that answer and was coming in to defend Dave. It's because, for you, it's personal.

My concern was not about a rifle. Or is that not obvious? Why don’t you take a wild guess at why I even spoke up. Just because you say it’s one way doesn’t make it so.
    Whole lotta babble right there. No, Perez, your version of what happened might work for you but you’re not even close.
    It doesn’t matter who or if I was replying to anyone. I could have just as easily asked that question after 5 other members had discussed someone supposedly posting up something they decided was illegal.
    Yeah, I think it’s more important that someone is accusing another member of felonious activity than worrying about who’s quoting who or trying to be a troll, but don’t let me direct your priorities. Did I call anyone out? No I didn’t. White knight yada yada how bout you save it. My intent was clear. How about we not jump to conclusions and call someone a felon over a picture posted. Seems someone jumped right to that and apparently you have more issue with who you think is trolling Dave than doing the right thing. Ok buddy. Funny you brought up confirmation bias tho..

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My concern was not about a rifle. Or is that not obvious? Why don’t you take a wild guess at why I even spoke up. Just because you say it’s one way doesn’t make it so.
    Whole lotta babble right there. No, Perez, your version of what happened might work for you but you’re not even close.
    It doesn’t matter who or if I was replying to anyone. I could have just as easily asked that question after 5 other members had discussed someone supposedly posting up something they decided was illegal.
    Yeah, I think it’s more important that someone is accusing another member of felonious activity than worrying about who’s quoting who or trying to be a troll, but don’t let me direct your priorities. Did I call anyone out? No I didn’t. White knight yada yada how bout you save it. My intent was clear. How about we not jump to conclusions and call someone a felon over a picture posted. Seems someone jumped right to that and apparently you have more issue with who you think is trolling Dave than doing the right thing. Ok buddy. Funny you brought up confirmation bias tho..

Ok. So what would have been the right thing to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Your budget AR is not "just as good"

The “Seller” ( me) is an 07 FFL who is well versed in what is legal and not. If you look at the pic that was added it clearly shows a break that meets all legal requirements (yes it is pinned and the pin is welded in place). I admit I posted the wrong pics of the firearm and for that I apologize. As soon as it was brought to my attention I added a note including the date and time along with a pic of the “Evil” firearm that you all are so worried about. Here is a Pic of it with a tape.....
    398bf81b7689c5372ec12748c0d564ec.jpg

I now remember why I dropped my sponsorship of this forum, and rarely visit any longer. There are so many of you keyboard commandos on here who think they have the end all opinion. You should have had enough “wear with all” to simply shoot a PM and your “question” as to the length of the barrel could have been answered. ..... Thank you ,to the one that informed me of the issue, (I will not add your name due to the childish nature of the audience) the rest of y’all can go suck a fat woman’s ass...... that is all.

P.S. it’s still available for purchase if you’d like to buy it. I’m about to add 6 mags to the deal at no additional cost........That is all (for real this time) lol!

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Good to know.

It is interesting that you chose to pin & weld a 14.5" FSB barrel with a clamp on gas block and a very short handguard. Not something you see every day.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I always thought a barrel was measured by dropping a dowel into the muzzle till it hits the breach face? But I’m not the atf nor am I a gunsmith. Just a hobbyist with a love for all things that go pew

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Does the ATF know you have an 07 FFL? They're under the impression you have an 01 FFL.

I have 2 (separate books, separate businesses) One for my Gunsmithing and one for my manufacturing Business. It’s cleaner that way, and might I add, it’s a pretty lucrative business right now. If you need any engraving, I do that as well. On a different note, I wish I would have put more stock into ammo and primers, before the craziness started. I have 55 gallon drums of certain brass. I could be killing it in the ammo market right now.....

bigjakewelch

Mill Spec
    Rating - 98%
    50   1   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Good to know.

It is interesting that you chose to pin & weld a 14.5" FSB barrel with a clamp on gas block and a very short handguard. Not something you see every day.

With the size of the end of the muzzle, the hand guard can easily slip over it. If you wanted to change it out. Hell Dave, if you buy it I’ll remove the pin and weld on it as many times as you want to change out the hand guard. No charge...... you want it? Lol!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adgram1013
    Top Bottom