Your budget AR is not "just as good"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    With the size of the end of the muzzle, the hand guard can easily slip over it. If you wanted to change it out. Hell Dave, if you buy it I’ll remove the pin and weld on it as many times as you want to change out the hand guard. No charge...... you want it? Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The handguard can be removed, but the barrel nut can't. Not without removing the pinned muzzled device.

I have no interest in that rifle. There are too many questionable things going on.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Does the ATF know you have an 07 FFL? They're under the impression you have an 01 FFL.

So what’s the point of this? We just call people liars now? This is the crap I’m always talking about. Unnecessary BS. I would think you need to apologize if he in fact has an 07 after you posted that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I have 2 (separate books, separate businesses) One for my Gunsmithing and one for my manufacturing Business. It’s cleaner that way, and might I add, it’s a pretty lucrative business right now. If you need any engraving, I do that as well. On a different note, I wish I would have put more stock into ammo and primers, before the craziness started. I have 55 gallon drums of certain brass. I could be killing it in the ammo market right now.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why even respond to that crap. I don’t blame you for not supporting BS with your companies money. Bet if more companies etc did that they would moderate all of the BS better.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    As a gunsmith, you may want to reinstall the castle nut, since it was installed backwards.

50414963646_c1202f4ef5_z.jpg

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So what’s the point of this? We just call people liars now? This is the crap I’m always talking about. Unnecessary BS. I would think you need to apologize if he in fact has an 07 after you posted that.

The point is to make sure people selling items on the board are doing so legally. And I didn't call him a liar. I pointed out the ATF doesn't have his FFL listed as a type 07. If he's got a second FFL, that's great. I'll congratulate him for reasons I won't put here yet.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Ok, so u asking him about his welded and pinned AR and questioning him about his FFL status was to better bayoushooter. Makes perfect sense now, sure seems like it would have been done over PM by a moderator instead of out in the open. You can label it however you want but it sure seems like a few of you like to attempt to ONLY point out peoples faults. If that get y’all off then more power to you, I was raised a little better than that.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ok, so u asking him about his welded and pinned AR and questioning him about his FFL status was to better bayoushooter. Makes perfect sense now, sure seems like it would have been done over PM by a moderator instead of out in the open. You can label it however you want but it sure seems like a few of you like to attempt to ONLY point out peoples faults. If that get y’all off then more power to you, I was raised a little better than that.

It was done and continues to be done over PM. There's more to it than has been posted in this thread.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    It was done and continues to be done over PM. There's more to it than has been posted in this thread.
    then why tempt and bait us with chum??? whats really going on, tell one tell all.....

if its being handled via pm then why the public cheap shots with out telling all??? :confused:

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    As a gunsmith, you may want to reinstall the castle nut, since it was installed backwards.

50414963646_c1202f4ef5_z.jpg

you might want to also mention that his fire wood is cut rather sloppy.... as a professional wood splitter that would deff be unacceptable... im sure theres more we can bash him on to.. like look he has a crack in his cement, what trash right? and dont worry fellas im talking to him via pm theres more going on than in the public post.... THESE ARE NOT THE DROIDS YOUR LOOKING FOR

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    you might want to also mention that his fire wood is cut rather sloppy.... as a professional wood splitter that would deff be unacceptable... im sure theres more we can bash him on to.. like look he has a crack in his cement, what trash right? and dont worry fellas im talking to him via pm theres more going on than in the public post.... THESE ARE NOT THE DROIDS YOUR LOOKING FOR

Considering it's a vital part of the assembly, I would say it's less bashing and more pointing out a flaw in the assembly.

Being that the castle nut is backwards, I can only assume that it was installed with a strap wrench. It was stated that it is an Anderson lower. Anderson is known for installing their castle nuts with blue loctite, so there is a very good chance that if this is a completed Anderson lower, it wasn't Jake's fault. However, as a gunsmith, I would expect him to have caught the issue and fixed it.

The receiver extension and castle nut should both have Aeroshell 64 on them and the castle nut should be torqued to 38-42 ft/lbs, then staked in two places per the TM. If it's backwards, it's wrong.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston

Attachments

• 49852608778_f2e769cb80_b.jpg
      49852608778_f2e769cb80_b.jpg
      125.6 KB · Views: 62
    Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    heck nobody is allowed to mess up once and a while right? whats that old saying thowing stones while in a glass house... or he is without fault cast the first stone.....

interesting ad... looks like sombody forgot somthing as silly as taking out a set screw before removing a handguard ....silly rabbit :mamoru:

https://www.bayoushooter.com/forums...Geissele-SMR-Mk8-15-quot-Handguard&highlight=

Yea, I've messed up plenty. I've learned from a lot of mistakes.

On that one, I forgot to completely remove the screw prior to reinstalling the handguard. Interestingly enough, it didn't affect anything, because it was simply a cosmetic blemish. The portion of the barrel nut that interfaces with the handguard was untouched.

I don't see how a cosmetic issue equals up to the improper installation of the component that holds the receiver extension in place.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Considering it's a vital part of the assembly, I would say it's less bashing and more pointing out a flaw in the assembly.

Being that the castle nut is backwards, I can only assume that it was installed with a strap wrench. It was stated that it is an Anderson lower. Anderson is known for installing their castle nuts with blue loctite, so there is a very good chance that if this is a completed Anderson lower, it wasn't Jake's fault. However, as a gunsmith, I would expect him to have caught the issue and fixed it.

The receiver extension and castle nut should both have Aeroshell 64 on them and the castle nut should be torqued to 38-42 ft/lbs, then staked in two places per the TM. If it's backwards, it's wrong.

i can only assume that you sent this exact message via pm to him before the public display of your intense wisdom on the situation and what he did wrong with public shame... well now that i think of it i remember what my momma said about dont assume... cause usually it "makse a A$$ out U and ME"

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    i can only assume that you sent this exact message via pm to him before the public display of your intense wisdom on the situation and what he did wrong with public shame... well now that i think of it i remember what my momma said about dont assume... cause usually it "makse a A$$ out U and ME"

I have no obligation to message anyone privately.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Yea, I've messed up plenty. I've learned from a lot of mistakes.

On that one, I forgot to completely remove the screw prior to reinstalling the handguard. Interestingly enough, it didn't affect anything, because it was simply a cosmetic blemish. The portion of the barrel nut that interfaces with the handguard was untouched.

I don't see how a cosmetic issue equals up to the improper installation of the component that holds the receiver extension in place.

not only cosmetic if for some reason the set screw has to index at the same exact spot on the new rifle becasue with the proper Aeroshell 64 and torq spec of 10 gagillion micro pounds the screw will give a improver torq spec becuase of the interface of the screw will be on bare marred steal vs the smooth factory 8620 steel and manganese phosphate coated finish and give an improper torq reading.... wow i almost sounded like a cool kid for a second...

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    not only cosmetic if for some reason the set screw has to index at the same exact spot on the new rifle becasue with the proper Aeroshell 64 and torq spec of 10 gagillion micro pounds the screw will give a improver torq spec becuase of the interface of the screw will be on bare marred steal vs the smooth finish and give an improper torq reading.... wow i almost sounded like a cool kid for a second...

The set screw in question doesn’t index anywhere on the barrel nut.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom