Your budget AR is not "just as good"

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Just like any gun its about the purpose of the firearm for that individual. We are all proud of our guns because we each have invested our precious commodity for it. Some have more of it than others. If I'm a person that is only really looking for battle field accuracy,just wanting to hit a body size target at 100 yds. do you need to spend 2 grand on your gun.... no, I don't think so. But maybe MOA is your focus and you want to hit a dime at 100... ok sure... your gonna need to spend more money though. *Shrug* There's always another side of that coin.

Whether your goal is to have a rifle capable of shooting 4 MOA or 1/2 MOA, dedicated for home defense or for hitting steel beyond 300 yards, there is no reason to have an improperly assembled rifle.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    You are correct
    He quoted someone who said it. Then I posed the question.
    Your point?

I just mentioned gun show loop holes referencing people buying guns without background checks. Whether this is an illegal sbr or not isn’t my business. But that shoulder the gas block sits on does look consistent with the bigger ones the 14’s have over the 16 inch profiled barrels.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I just mentioned gun show loop holes referencing people buying guns without background checks. Whether this is an illegal sbr or not isn’t my business. But that shoulder the gas block sits on does look consistent with the bigger ones the 14’s have over the 16 inch profiled barrels.
    I’ll agree, it looks like a SBR. I’m just wondering how we know it’s illegal. Saying so would kinda be saying that the seller (who I believe holds a FFL) is a felon...
    That would also suggest that any other NFA item is illegal. It just didn’t make sense, so I asked.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    (who I believe holds a FFL)

There are many types of Federal Firearms Licenses. A specific Type of SOT is required to build NFA items.

A FFL that can manufacture firearms can build a SBR without the tax stamp first.
    A FFL that cannot manufactures firearm can't build a SBR without acquiring a tax stamp first.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So, what’s the story? Is it illegal? Is there any info to substantiate the claim that it’s indeed a illegal SBR? Or was that just some irresponsible smack talk somebody threw out there?

Last edited:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    What’s it called when you ignore me?

There, I fixed it for you.

So what's it called when you dislike someone so much that you can't ignore them but don't have self control so you have to tell the system to block them?

Maybe it's more like severe disdain, or a good memory of times past. Maybe they just don't want to read one word by a certain player here. Bad actors and stuff that took place before you were even a member here on BS. But hey I'm just guessing, I cannot read Mag's mind nor speak for him.

Dave has mentioned this twice in so many months. Why does it irritate him so that Mag chooses to ignore him? Just one guy @ a big party of some 27,000 members.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    There, I fixed it for you.

Maybe it's more like severe disdain, or a good memory of times past. Maybe they just don't want to read one word by a certain player here. Bad actors before you were even a member here on BS. But hey I'm just guessing, I cannot read Mag's mind nor speak for him.

Dave has mentioned this twice in so many months. Why does it irritate him so that Mag chooses to ignore him? Just one guy @ the big party of some 27,000 members.

There isn’t a single thing irritating about it. He can still see when I post, it just puts a temporary cover message over my post until he chooses to view it. He can also still see my posts when others quote them. If anything, I find it amusing to point out the childish nature of it all.

Strange that he can’t seem to ignore my threads when he stated he would do so long ago.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Is Mag on you and Perez's personal radar like I stated maybe 6 weeks ago?

You two seem to pile it on him pretty frequently. Do you two dislike him? Is it a personal issue?

Another member here mentioned the same observation weeks back, the frequent "sh*t show" threads. And here we are, rehashing the same discussion. It's like de ja vu.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    wardt
    Top Bottom