"Casual" Carry in a Vehicle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chanteliz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    Covington, LA
    why are you so interested in this- geez I didn't come here to cause any trouble. If I have to prove everything I say here - it's like a damn court room. maybe this isn't the place I should mingle at all. this is definitely not a fun place to discuss anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    There is no such thing. There was a run of special agent badges, but they were given to people close to high ranking officials, and never went along side with a commission. So if someone ever try's to pass themselves off as a Special Agent with LSP and that's what their badge says, they are lying. It's one of those types of "get out if jail free" cards that are given to "important" people.

It's important to me because people claimin to be LEO and are not is a huge problem. Would you like to be pulled over by someone acting like a cop? It's nothing against you personally. It's about someone claiming he works for LSP and presents a badge saying so, when he doesn't.

Last edited:

chanteliz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    Covington, LA
    Look like I said, it's not a Louisiana shield like the LSP carries. IDK what it is and I really don't care. He taught a very informative class and I figured LSP because that's what the certificate had. I don't care anymore. If you're a LSP why don't you care more about real issue vs who's carrying what and who is commissioned by whom. I really don't care. I saw a badge I assumed LSP... my fault. Happy?

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    No one's saying your CHP class was invalid. But if someone is claiming to work for LSP and they don't, they frankly ought to be called out on it- IMHO, for what that's worth (and frankly in this case, that isn't all that much)

chanteliz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    Covington, LA
    He didn't say he works for LSP, I saw his badge and assumed. I don't remember all that was on his badge except for seeing special agent. It is not shaped like a LSP badge (it was a shield not the state of LA). I assumed bc LSP was on my certificate. I really don't care.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Uptown, New Orleans
    It was stated that he was teaching out of Shooters Club, which should be easy enough to contact for this person's contact info. They may even be able to clarify. Better to go this route than anymore personal interaction here (as evidenced above).

And, it's important in that if this teacher did misrepresent that qualification, he may have misrepresented others. It's just good practice to follow up on issues like this when they are found, as we don't want any bad press, such as a headline like "Hundreds of people are illegally carrying concealed weapons after having been duped by instructor" or something similar.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    It has been cleared up. It was a case of mistaken identity so to speak. It was thought that the LSP instructor number was a LSP trooper identification number. So all is well.

chanteliz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    Covington, LA
    I can't believe all of the commotion.... honestly ... just WOW.

I'm very sorry for any trouble I may have caused. I don't think this is the right discussion board for me to participate in. Most of you here seem to be hostile and argumentative. I'm just not interested in any of that.

Just remember this next time a new person pops up with information you may not know... that way you don't drive them away as well.

Last edited:

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Its a serious problem when people misrepresent themselves as something they are not. Especially when it involves Law Enforcement or firearms. This is a firearm forum. Anything that could damage gun rights here is discussed and corrected. The possibility if an instructor lying could cause serious damage. People here are passionate about certain things, the above posts show.
    It was nothing about you personally, so I apologize if it came out that way, but wha was discussed could have been a serious problem.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I can't believe all of the commotion.... honestly ... just WOW.

I'm very sorry for any trouble I may have caused. I don't think this is the right discussion board for me to participate in. Most of you here seem to be hostile and argumentative. I'm just not interested in any of that.

Just remember this next time a new person pops up with information you may not know... that way you don't drive them away as well.

Don't you give in like that! That's one thing I can't stand is a person caving in to debate. Alpine is right, but you need to stay in there and represent your side.

Don't quit! That's the way this thing works. It has everything; heated debate, instructive teachings, informative subjects, and of course; inane silliness and comedy!

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    man. he should see some of our "best of bayoushooter" threads.

It sure didn't look like a personal attack, but when you state how great your instructor is/was, we get curious. Maybe I'd like to send him someone thats been asking me where to get licensed?

Don't default to "its a courtroom and a personal attack", because our default (at least mine) was "never heard of the guy. some new instructor worth looking at maybe... now how do I find him." when we look him up, he doesn't exist.

Miscommunication, nothing more.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Just brainstorming, but I don't believe they can force you to let them search your vehicle, right? So in essence they would be suspending/expelling you for refusing a search unless the firearm is in plain sight, correct?
    They can't "force" you, per se, but they can kick you out for refusing to let them. So yes.

Don't you give in like that! That's one thing I can't stand is a person caving in to debate. Alpine is right, but you need to stay in there and represent your side.

Don't quit! That's the way this thing works. It has everything; heated debate, instructive teachings, informative subjects, and of course; inane silliness and comedy!

Bingo. This is a fun place. Some issues just are a little important. We wouldn't someone misrepresenting himself and causing trouble down the road. No one is pointing any fingers or being mean! :)

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    There is no such thing. There was a run of special agent badges, but they were given to people close to high ranking officials, and never went along side with a commission.

Years and years ago, my uncle was a LA senator. Just for kicks he got my father a "special agent" badge (no, I have NO idea why!) that was a small state of LA with "Special Agent" across it. My old man kept it in a jewelry box in the house and never used it or displayed it in any way. I always wanted it! :( After he died I have no idea what happened to it. Possibly my idiot brother (aka the Tomb Raider) took it but I haven't seen that thing since the 60's.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Ok , let's argue about something else . I say that your vehicle is not an extension of your home . I've never seen any legal language that says it is .

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    REFER TO LA CODE RS 14:95

Read it all before you decide to carry while on school property either on yourself or in your vehicle.
    (you can use Google for LA Codes)

Its not really up for debate. You can have your gun in your car while on school properly. Hell. I am in my car at LSU as I am typing this.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Ok , let's argue about something else . I say that your vehicle is not an extension of your home . I've never seen any legal language that says it is .

No where does the law say it is. But you can still keep a gun in your car in the state of louisiana unless you are in a few select places.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Top Bottom