Did Walton and Johnson cross the line on No Knock Officers killed and Injured?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you agree with Walton & Johnson?

• Yes

Votes: 22 38.6%
    • No

Votes: 35 61.4%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The question is;

Do you agree with Walton and Johnson;
    "That you are glad these Officers were shot/killed"?

This is not a misinterpretation or misquote.
    He said, "I'm glad they were shot".

4 people say Yes.
    I find that disturbing.

I cannot vote without having heard it myself. HM, you know I believe you; but context is everything.

I have listened to Opie and Anthony for years, and heard some crazy remarks that when taken out of context sounded absolutely heartless; however, sometimes I had to listen to hours of the show leading up to the statement to understand what was really meant or symbolized. In the regard, I believe that a straight up and down vote on ANY of this is almost impossible.

These radio/comedians do this stuff all the time. I am more shocked when phony television news broadcasters do it, cause they aren't pretending it's no satire.

Last edited:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    The question is;

4 people say Yes.
    I find that disturbing.

I used to listen to their show, then I grew up. They're clowns that make stupid jokes to get college kids to laugh. If they honestly believe what they said and it wasn't a joke, then f**k em. Makes me even gladder I quit listening to their ****.

No-knock raids are necessary in some circumstances. When people are in power you'll always be able to find times when they abuse that power. But our LEOs shouldn't ever have to be put in unnecessary risk.

sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    would anyone here not shoot someone busting into their house? there is no way for the home owner to know his house was mistaken.

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    I cannot vote without having heard it myself. HM, you know I believe you; but context is everything.

I have listened to Opie and Anthony for years, and heard some crazy remarks that when taken out of context sounded absolutely heartless; however, sometimes I had to listen to hours of the show leading up to the statement to understand what was really meant or symbolized. In the regard, I believe that a straight up and down vote on ANY of this is almost impossible.

These radio/comedians do this stuff all the time. I am more shocked when phony television news broadcasters do it, cause they aren't pretending it's no satire.

There's a reason why they're called "shock jocks" ;)

Not my brand of humor, but it's obviously working for somebody...

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I understand context. But it was pretty simple.

They were talking about a No-Knock raid gone bad in Texas.
    Where they kept repeating the 'Shot in the face' part of the article.

The one guy who is not the actor, the one who changes his voice etc.

said very clearly with a serious tone.

"You know, this is going to **** off a lot of people,
    but I'm glad they were shot".

I'm not sure what more context is needed.

BTW I'm not offended, I'm interested in how many in the BS.com Community, (Willing to vote)
    "Are glad that cops get shot on no-knock raids"/

Last edited:

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Another thing, listening to shows like W&J is like watching some stupid reality tv show - a waste of time and braincells.

Last edited:

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I was waiting on this...

Wilson v Arkansas did find that a "knock and announce" is part of the 4th. However, exigency is taken into consideration in this. If you can destroy evidence or do harm to an officer (with documentation), a no knock can be granted.

Now, the time between when the knock occurs and when the location can be breached... Frankly, it isnt very long. 15 seconds, according to the SCOTUS ruling on US v Banks. There is not much difference between a knock and no knock in terms of timing. Yes, there is a brief delay, but it aint much. People often fail to realize that.

Courts.. blah blah..

There should never be a no knock.
    Period.
    Not just for my safety, but for the officers as well. I don't want to kill a cop because they make a mistake and breach the wrong door. That turns me, a lawful citizen who will defend his home to the death who has many many friends and direct family members who are LEOs, into a cop killing murderer.
    All it takes is a wrong address.

No, I'm not glad the officer(s) got shot.
    I hope that people wake up and realize this is not the way to enforce laws.
    It's great for warfare. Not the right way to police your citizens in what's supposed to be the paragon of Freedom in the world.

Last edited:

NOLAShootist

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    NOLA / NorthShore
    Courts.. blah blah..

This wins the internet for the day just for validating this:

Stop. Really. Stop it. It doesn't matter how many times you explain the way things work in the real world. It doesn't apply here. These people refuse to understand how things work. Many others have tried to educate the masses here, but the message will simply not get through. Their minds are made up.

JR1572

NOLAShootist

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    NOLA / NorthShore
    Frankly, I'm baffled of your pairing of the words "violence" and "safely" in the same sentence.

I used the TERM, "Violence of action."

In the case of high risk warrant service, it means being able to own the scene and take the suspect into custody QUICKLY. Before he has a chance to mount an attack or become a threat. Why, because if he isnt a threat (meaning he hasnt had a chance to mount a defense or arm himself), he can be safely taken into custody.

Its safer for everyone involved in the vast majority of cases.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    would anyone here not shoot someone busting into their house? there is no way for the home owner to know his house was mistaken.
    You are missing the fact that if done correctly you will not have an opportunity to shoot at the officers. You would be too surprised and confused to react.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    The question is;

4 people say Yes.
    I find that disturbing.

Stopping%20horse.jpg

I'm trying to hold on to the reins here .... :)

Last edited:

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    You are missing the fact that if done correctly you will not have an opportunity to shoot at the officers. You would be too surprised and confused to react.

If done correctly then the wrong address would NOT be raided. Humans are incapable of perfection 100% of the time so lets stop assuming no-knocks are the best choice.

Assuming that the correct residence is hit, then an educated individual would expect armed resistance and not rely on complete surprise and speed. Regardless of whether the correct home is being raided, if the resident is well prepared then anyone entering is doomed from the get-go. How often does a LEO get shot after awakening someone - now imagine if that same person had enough warning to arm himself and lay in wait, preparing to ambush whoever is bursting in the door.

Last edited:

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell

Oh yeah, so just don't knock on the house, bust in, toss flash bangs, shoot anything that looks like it's resisting.

Yeah, great.

Oh wait, guys... this is 22 Acadia Ave, we're looking for 22 Acacia. Sorry about your dog, and the toddler that the flash bang landed on. We'll be going now. Oh no, you don't get to sue us, we're just doing our jobs. Bye bye.

No/

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Hitman makes a point. We are wandering.

I am not glad that the officer was killed.
    I am glad that the citizen is alive.
    I wish Jose Guerena was.

What was said on air was deplorable.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom