Did Walton and Johnson cross the line on No Knock Officers killed and Injured?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you agree with Walton & Johnson?

• Yes

Votes: 22 38.6%
    • No

Votes: 35 61.4%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    JR1572, I'm 62 years old and over thirty five years ago I shot and wounded a burgular/robber who in the middle of the night threw an electric motor through my front door. I only had my 25 caliber Baby Browning pocket pistol within reach and I fired until it was empty. Six shots , three hits. Not bad for a two and a half inch barrel. Unfortunally, he survived. Seems he was looking to rip off a drug dealer and got the wrong apartment. I now arm myself with better weapons and won't hesitate to use them. Think what you want, I've been there and done that. No one is coming inside my house unannounced without a fight. I have a security system and survailance cameras and hope that my earlier experience is never again repeated. Cops are people and people make mistakes. Cops oftentimes make lethal ones and usually they are not the injured party, so it seems that they could care less about me and mine. I and I alone take responsibility for my and my families safety and you can go suck eggs if you don't like it!
    A guy throwing a motor through your door and a well trained SWAT team Is totally different, but believe what you want. Where did this home invasion take place?

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    JR1572, I'm 62 years old and over thirty five years ago I shot and wounded a burgular/robber who in the middle of the night threw an electric motor through my front door. I only had my 25 caliber Baby Browning pocket pistol within reach and I fired until it was empty. Six shots , three hits. Not bad for a two and a half inch barrel. Unfortunally, he survived. Seems he was looking to rip off a drug dealer and got the wrong apartment. I now arm myself with better weapons and won't hesitate to use them. Think what you want, I've been there and done that. No one is coming inside my house unannounced without a fight. I have a security system and survailance cameras and hope that my earlier experience is never again repeated. Cops are people and people make mistakes. Cops oftentimes make lethal ones and usually they are not the injured party, so it seems that they could care less about me and mine. I and I alone take responsibility for my and my families safety and you can go suck eggs if you don't like it!

Ok. I don't believe your story.

JR1572

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Hooray for strawman arguments! :rolleyes:

Just helping him out....

He said it, I just fixed his subject line to summarize his post more accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by headcase:
    "I know if anyone breaks down my door in the middle of the night, Mr. Glock on my nightstand and Mr. Remington 12 gauge in the corner would get quite the workout. I'm old and hard of hearing and only hope I can take out a few before I've gone bye bye. Just my two cents... flame on."

Where I come from, anyone includes police. He didn't expressly exclude them and I don't assume anything; therefore, I see your strawman argument and raise you a lesson in reading comprehension, statement analysis, and attention to detail.

P.S. Many no knocks planed, 0 botched thanks to the last one. And so you don't feel left out

:redfinger:

headcase

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Metairie, LA.
    I couldn't care less if you believe my story. Break in my house if you have the balls and see what's waiting there for you. Reality might bite you on the ass. No knock warrants suck! Over and out.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington

AND HE JUST REINFORCED MY POINT!

You can IM me your apology as to save face if you so desire, Mage. I'll be waiting with bated breath.......:rolleyes:

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I couldn't care less if you believe my story. Break in my house if you have the balls and see what's waiting there for you. Reality might bite you on the ass. No knock warrants suck! Over and out.

Whatever man. It's the Internet. People lie. They lie about everything. Past employment, qualifications, women they've hooked up with, etc. People lie.

JR1572

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    AND HE JUST REINFORCED MY POINT!

You can IM me your apology as to save face if you so desire, Mage. I'll be waiting with bated breath.......:rolleyes:

Mage has a lot to learn before becoming a possum cop and changing LDWF from the inside out. Hey I wonder why they haven't called yet...

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    That's because HE was the evidence so not much chance of destroying it. I also had a TS clearance and really have no idea what difference that makes.

I was basically saying that when someone about as straight laced as you can get (and i go WAY out of my way to make any cop I interact with has the easiest time possible, including VOLUNTARELY waving various rights.... So long as they don't TRY to violate them... Because I know what a shitty job they have.) has..... Concerns when the police show up....
    It says something about public perception of the police. (I know I am not alone in this.... Fundamental change in The public perception of "Law Enforcement Officers")

And again: the police functioned just fine without no knocks...

I find it.... Concerning that so few people take issue with the constitutional violations here.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    That quote is as old as the day is long. Its the basic gameplan of any CQB fight, which is basically what most tac team operations are entered into as. (Yeah I f*cking know, here come the jagoffs with their lines about the militarization of LE...) IIRC, its old SEAL policy thats been handed down for a long time. Like it or not, you have to expect the worst, which, in this case, is a gunfight. No one was ever sorry for being prepared.

Since "tactical" became the cool new thing the last few years, a lot of very old recycled **** has been put on shirts, hats, patches and tattooed on idiots that think its some hot new thing. Much like the knock knock jokes that a little kid brings home to their parents from school and think that little Johnny in class made it up... he didnt (and cant understand why the parents knew the punchline before he said it), and neither did some gear company make it up just to slap it on a shirt.

I put my 20 in. The long time gf took a job down here over the summer as my eligibility was coming up, so I turned in paperwork and I moved down a few weeks ago bc living in NOLA sounded like fun. Im still burning off the metric ton of comp time the city wouldnt pay me for, which is nice.

Currently, putting in apps with a few of the larger agencies down here bc Im too young to retire and too old to learn any new tricks (and I cant imagine working in some Mayberry-esque setting). Hopefully somewhere with Harleys. Finally get me my girl boots and mirrored shades.

Just asking because you sounded like ex - military LEO, wasn't asking to be an ass or anything. Most of these threads go into a wrong direction and really nothing worth reading after a few posts. Good luck with your future endeavors.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    I was basically saying that when someone about as straight laced as you can get (and i go WAY out of my way to make any cop I interact with has the easiest time possible, including VOLUNTARELY waving various rights.... So long as they don't TRY to violate them... Because I know what a shitty job they have.) has..... Concerns when the police show up....
    It says something about public perception of the police. (I know I am not alone in this.... Fundamental change in The public perception of "Law Enforcement Officers")

And again: the police functioned just fine without no knocks...

I find it.... Concerning that so few people take issue with the constitutional violations here.

You may be right, nomad, but it begs the question, if the average citizen interacts with the police as infrequently as I would think they do (call it once a year or so on a traffic stop, or as a victim type stuff), what is the genesis of that perception assuming they have never had a truly negative first hand experience? I'm not talking about being mad because you got a ticket, I'm talking true rights violation, false arrest, excessive force, not hurt feelings.

Internet folklore and facebook legend?
    Media bias?
    Al sharpton and Jessie jackson?

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    You will be so overwhelmed those guns would be the last thing you thought about. That's where the surprise part comes from. Do you think you are the only person that ever thought that way? I'll give you a hint, you're not.

And yet the subject of this thread shot 4 LEO's, without getting so much as a scratch.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I-like-where-this-thread-is-going-20886067270.jpeg

1qf6irgqt6okxppg6dxu.jpg

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Say, bro, I voted no, but I don't give a **** if they say it....... At least we still got that freedom left for now. SF!

Yeah, for now. But when they decide to take that one away, there will be plenty willing to implement it.

I see my error. Jefferson was not a cop, so what did he know about the real world.

Officer Thomas Jefferson would say, 'I would rather that 100 innocent men die than one low level drug dealer go free.

SF Jose Guerena!

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Say, bro, I voted no, but I don't give a **** if they say it.......
    At least we still got that freedom left for now. SF!

For sure. I knew there were plenty of listeners here from previous threads
    talking about W&J. So I wanted to know if anyone was shocked when they heard it
    or, if anyone actually had no problem with what they said.... :/

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Yeah, for now. But when they decide to take that one away, there will be plenty willing to implement it.

I see my error. Jefferson was not a cop, so what did he know about the real world.

Officer Thomas Jefferson would say, 'I would rather that 100 innocent men die than one low level drug dealer go free.

SF Jose Guerena!

Sorry, dude. Not gonna play with you....

The Guarena raid was ****ed up and a tragedy. Funny how his family settled for 3 mil and went away though when they wanted 20 mil. Sadly everyone has a price I guess. They got paid and the agency gots pass.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Sorry, dude. Not gonna play with you....

The Guarena raid was ****ed up and a tragedy. Funny how his family settled for 3 mil and went away though when they wanted 20 mil. Sadly everyone has a price I guess. They got paid and the agency gots pass.

Wtf does how much compensation they received have to do with anything to do with this issue? Except turn attention away from that TAC squad of Keystone Cop clowns that murdered him, and smear his family. Well done. The wife of the cop in this story will get his insurance. What a POS she is. She'll settle for less than 3mm. What does that make her.

They didn't want 20mm. They wanted to bankrupt that PD, as well they should.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom