Did Walton and Johnson cross the line on No Knock Officers killed and Injured?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you agree with Walton & Johnson?

• Yes

Votes: 22 38.6%
    • No

Votes: 35 61.4%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Dammnit. Just realized that. Only Austin can fix the poll at this point.

:doh:

Or we can just learn to read **** before we click on it....especially on the interwebz.....

My excuse is that I'm running a fever. The little mugwump went to school Monday and brought the plague back home with her. "I can has strep?!?! Ok, tnx!"

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am also one of the YES votes. I misread the topic as being the poll question. I read, "Did Walton and Johnson cross the line" and voted YES.

I do not agree with Walton and Johnson, my YES vote was an error.

Dammnit. Just realized that. Only Austin can fix the poll at this point.

:doh:

Ah-ha! I didn't vote!

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Or we can just learn to read **** before we click on it....especially on the interwebz.....

My excuse is that I'm running a fever. The little mugwump went to school Monday and brought the plague back home with her. "I can has strep?!?! Ok, tnx!"

Check for this; it's here now!

Respiratory Virus Enterovirus D68

Now, back to the show!

NOLAShootist

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    NOLA / NorthShore
    Either of you two been involved in a botched no-knock raid at an incorrect address, or just read about them?

Thank 8lb jumpin baby Jesus it wasnt a high risk or no knock. But, yes, Ive gone to serve a warrant that I was handed on the wrong addy before. Not something I'll ever forget either.

The street addy was, as someone else mentioned earlier, very similar between the correct one and the one I went to. My partner and I rolled up, knocked on the door with a warrant and met with a very confused little old lady. We looked down and realized we had the wrong street name.

I fully admit where I f'ed up too. I looked at the addy, saw the street name and immediately assumed it was in the shitty part of town... the warrant was actually on a kid (early 20s) who still lived with mom and dad over in a nice part of town who'd been forging Rx papers with a stolen pad. Was a great lesson in fixing head/ass inversion syndrome as well as preconceived notions.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Thank 8lb jumpin baby Jesus it wasnt a high risk or no knock. But, yes, Ive gone to serve a warrant that I was handed on the wrong addy before. Not something I'll ever forget either.

The street addy was, as someone else mentioned earlier, very similar between the correct one and the one I went to. My partner and I rolled up, knocked on the door with a warrant and met with a very confused little old lady. We looked down and realized we had the wrong street name.

And you didn't taze that bitch? What kind of half-assed jackbooted thug are you?

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I heard it this am and was surprised he said that (it was John Walton, FWIW).

I think it's okay to be against no-knock warrants due to the mistakes that can and have been made. Perhaps there are better ways, under some circumstances. Sure- we can debate that.

But saying you're "glad"? Not me.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    I think they're just saying things these days purposefully to be offensive and get listeners. Problem is, some people are like that and worse and take them seriously. I turn it on once in a while when the other shows ate having a bad day, but I quit listening regularly a while back.

Sent from my truck doing 85 down the interstate.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I heard it this am and was surprised he said that (it was John Walton, FWIW).

I think it's okay to be against no-knock warrants due to the mistakes that can and have been made. Perhaps there are better ways, under some circumstances. Sure- we can debate that.

But saying you're "glad"? Not me.

Yeah, and I want to be perfectly clear that I am not Glad. For me, it's not that I'm against the PoPo, it's that I don't want either the PoPo or an innocent to be hurt if it can be avoided.

I don't give a slimy turd about some dirtbag criminal, other than the same rights that apply to me, apply to them until they are convicted.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    On original topic of thread regarding what W&J said: I may not agree with what you say, but will defend with my life your right to say it. I forget who originally said that, but my point is that unpopular speech should be allowed, and everyone hearing it can then judge you for the a$$hole you may be.

On the expanded no-knock warrants sub-topic: (1) Put down bong. (2) Leave bong alone for at least six months. (3) Fill out application, pass all standards, hire on, graduate academy, complete field training, get released to full duty, and come show all the rest of us "how it's done."

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    On the expanded no-knock warrants sub-topic: (1) Put down bong. (2) Leave bong alone for at least six months. (3) Fill out application, pass all standards, hire on, graduate academy, complete field training, get released to full duty, and come show all the rest of us "how it's done."

1. Cordon off " suspect" house.
    2. Burn down house.
    3. Officers go home that night.

Worked in Waco. Added benefit: Who cares if evidence is destroyed. There won't be a trial. Downside: No worthwhile asset forfeiture.

A5Mag12

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    La-Tx
    Don't want to see any cop get killed. Now the judges that would sign off on such a thing as a no knock warrant? I'd have to ponder on that for a while.

There is never a reason for a no knock warrant for entrance into a private home. The only things that would justify such would not give enough time to say warrant much less have one drawn up.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The octogenarian overpowered me with her own violence of action and sodomized me with a rubber chicken, all the while singing Men At Work's, "I Come From The Land Down Under."

Damn! Sounds like a setup. Was your partner holding your legs or your arms? Was he hiding KY in a spare tear gas pouch? :mamoru:

Last edited:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I herd a lil of it this morning on the radio, but it was turned down for the 10 minute ride I took with others to the plant, but what I herd was them say they got shot for being stupid and going in the wrong house, never herd anyone say they where glad, not that wasn't said but I herd very little and limited amount of the topic. I rarely listen to them, usually wwl radio in the am. I'm shocked people would vote they are glad a LEO is killed in the line of duty. I'm not sure how I feel about the no knock warrants, but the "Surprise, Speed, and Violence of Action" comment was surprising, isn't that a quote off of an ops gear shirt, isn't that a military procedure? Nolashootist how long have you been a LEO? if you don't mind me asking?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom