If you're scared - SAY you're scared!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana
    Ok, I'll bite. What's the WLF agents name that said stop. I know several. None infer or imply that garbage. I want to verify his stupidity.

Couldn't tell you, was back in the end of '01 or beginning of '02, spoke with him on the phone for thirty minutes or so after finding the tracks. I ended up leaving that lease in '03, never really thought much about it again until reading this thread.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    I have a story.
    One time I was in the deer stand and it was right before shooting time. I saw a dark shadow in the woods approaching my stand. In case it was a deer I didn't want to shine my light and spook it.

So I waited and luckily I didn't shoot! I would STILL be under the jail!

Know what it was???

It was a JBT wiping his ass with the constitution carrying an executive order banning all firearms and another executive order forcing Facebook to remove red jackets page. The JBT was wearing a twin towers maintenance crew jacket and carrying a bushmaster with 'Sandy Hook Prop' painted on the stock.

All of your worst fears, confirmed and rolled into one.
    shoulda took the shot bro.
    Just sayin'

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    More than likely the latter... :biglaugh:

j/k

He's not.

I don't participate in these conversations because I don't believe A) everybody who says the unknown boogie monster must have been a cougar, was actually a cougar and B) they're black.

However I can attest. We've fed squirrels on this property with basic hobbyist bird/corn cob feeders since I was a very young child. My husband and I built a house next to my parents. I've continued to watch the squirrels. Since 1985 when we moved here, we've went from non existence among this area to maybe seeing them every couple years to having more than one come from a nest each spring. I see them regularly. The grey ones still greatly outnumber the black or dark brown squirrels but they're frequently spotted enough I don't swerve off the road when I see one now. ;)

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Who said anything about black panthers? The Cougar/mountain lion/puma range covers the entirety of the United States of America. I have personally seen tracks (wet sand, perfect prints) that were cat tracks, far too large to be bobcat (in the 3" width/length range) these tracks were looked at by multiple hunters on our lease (5000 acres between Kisatchie Natl Forest and Catahoula Lake). After looking around a bit we found deer tracks, and it appeared that the cat was hot on it's trail. Now, I don't know of any other large cats running around the United States that could have produced the tracks. You yourself stated that one was found in 2009... why would it be such a shock to find another, you think that one came by itself... just hanging out? lol

mcinfantry, what other proof do you need, man?

No offense Skeletor, you offered it up as a softball!

:mamoru:

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    I guess my life experience doesn't give credibility to unprovable 'facts'

You know, like all the people who said the president can and will use executive orders
    Or
    Sandy hook is fake
    Or whatever other 'facts' with no verifiable sources.

Some 'tracks' seen by some 'hunters' does not constitute FACT.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I guess my life experience doesn't give credibility to unprovable 'facts'

You know, like all the people who said the president can and will use executive orders
    Or
    Sandy hook is fake
    Or whatever other 'facts' with no verifiable sources.

Some 'tracks' seen by some 'hunters' does not constitute FACT.

:eek3:

"Literal mcinfantry!"

:D

tactical723

3 Gun / F Class Player
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Northshore - Covington, LA
    night experience

Mine is a little different. I was working for the Sheriff s office about 20 years ago and we in the practice of dropping off building slips to the local businesses, especially during an election year. The slips basically noted what time we passed by and that everything was secure. We would shove them under the business door or in mailbox. Well I was working in Lacombe where there are only about a dozen businesses, so I had dropped slips off at each hundreds of times. Would circle the buisness with lights, pull up to front of the business, spot light the main doors and walk out and make sure the deadbolts were locked. Well had been to the ACE hardware many, many times, checked the back and then pulled to the front, it was a very darlk night with fog in the area. Placed the light on the deadbollt and got out to drop the slip. Walked up to the door and there on the other side of the door was a 6ft man holding a hose in one hand and a shovel in the other. I jumped back drew my Glock and had already engaged the safety because he was not listening to my commands to drop the weapons. Through my tunnel vision I noticed it was a 6ft carboard promotion sillouette of John Madden. Thank God I did not fire because the media would have had a field day with me shooting Madden through the glass doors. I remember it took me close to an hour to calm down and catch my breath. That freaking Madden scared the crap out of me. I passed by several weeks later and spoke to the mgr while I was on day shift. Told him what happened and asked if I could have the carboard promotion when he was finished so I could finally shoot that big SOB. He never did call me.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I went camping with some fraternity brothers when I was in college.

We were sitting around a fire and kept hearing heavy footsteps in the brush.

Two of us had pistols and walked towards the sounds.

An 8 point white tail burst out of the brush and I reacted by shooting it.

Unfortunately this was in August..........

(The statutes of limitation have expired)

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    We have a cougar here in Frierson, my wife has seen it. Haven't gotten it on a game camera because I have been lazy. We also have a large population of bobcats and are familiar enough with them to know the difference. I may have to hike down to the creek bed by our house and string up an extra camera this week.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    We have a cougar here in Frierson, my wife has seen it. Haven't gotten it on a game camera because I have been lazy. We also have a large population of bobcats and are familiar enough with them to know the difference. I may have to hike down to the creek bed by our house and string up an extra camera this week.

We cannot accept this as truth unles "the tracks were looked at by multiple neighbors in your town."

Sorry, bud!

Ske1etor

BOOM! LEGSHOT!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    Chacahoula, Louisiana

BS! mcinfantry says cougars are fictional!

mcinfantry said:
    "Some 'tracks' seen by some 'hunters' does not constitute FACT."
    You may not accept it as fact, but it is fact to me as I was one of the "hunters" that looked at the "tracks". They looked almost identical to bobcat tracks but easily twice the size.

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Mine is a little different. I was working for the Sheriff s office about 20 years ago and we in the practice of dropping off building slips to the local businesses, especially during an election year. The slips basically noted what time we passed by and that everything was secure. We would shove them under the business door or in mailbox. Well I was working in Lacombe where there are only about a dozen businesses, so I had dropped slips off at each hundreds of times. Would circle the buisness with lights, pull up to front of the business, spot light the main doors and walk out and make sure the deadbolts were locked. Well had been to the ACE hardware many, many times, checked the back and then pulled to the front, it was a very darlk night with fog in the area. Placed the light on the deadbollt and got out to drop the slip. Walked up to the door and there on the other side of the door was a 6ft man holding a hose in one hand and a shovel in the other. I jumped back drew my Glock and had already engaged the safety because he was not listening to my commands to drop the weapons. Through my tunnel vision I noticed it was a 6ft carboard promotion sillouette of John Madden. Thank God I did not fire because the media would have had a field day with me shooting Madden through the glass doors. I remember it took me close to an hour to calm down and catch my breath. That freaking Madden scared the crap out of me. I passed by several weeks later and spoke to the mgr while I was on day shift. Told him what happened and asked if I could have the carboard promotion when he was finished so I could finally shoot that big SOB. He never did call me.

Me thinks you may have mis-spoken... :confused:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    We cannot accept this as truth unles "the tracks were looked at by multiple neighbors in your town."

Sorry, bud!

But I don't live in town and what few neighbors I do have are not the type to verify exactly what species it is by it's tracks. They are more the type that would offer up a good recipe for it.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    But I don't live in town and what few neighbors I do have are not the type to verify exactly what species it is by it's tracks. They are more the type that would offer up a good recipe for it.

Well then, would you consider the multiple hunters from Skeletor's old hunting lease? :D

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Really? So if we find a fictional animal on your property, you lose hunting rights?

Couldn't you simply not shoot it? I would think its like any myriad of non game animals. But what do I know.

I saw tracks from Nessie. Now I can't fish

OH NOES!

Sometimes when I read these whoppers it makes me want burger king

I had to quote myself. I didn't say cougars were fictional animals. I said if you find a FICTIONAL ANIMAL

Nessie is real?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedactedUsername
    Top Bottom