Little Falls Home Defense incident ...more than meets the eye?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    He heard the glass break
    Grabs guns, turns on recorder on book shelf.
    Heads to basement to hide out.

QUOTE]

I think under Louisiana law, the last thing I would want in a home defense shooting would be a recording. our laws are very homeowner friendly. ("They broke in, and I was scared they would kill me. period."). I would think a recording would just give an attorney something to pick apart.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    He heard the glass break
    Grabs guns, turns on recorder on book shelf.
    Heads to basement to hide out.

I think under Louisiana law, the last thing I would want in a home defense shooting would be a recording. our laws are very homeowner friendly. ("They broke in, and I was scared they would kill me. period."). I would think a recording would just give an attorney something to pick apart.

Of course. Hence the whole "Shut your mouth, ask for a lawyer advice"

I HATE that LEO's sometimes give citizens a hard time about this
    like it's taken personal or something.
    In the end, it sure seems always in your best interest when involved in situations like this
    to simply shut your mouth, and ask for a lawyer(AS NICE AS POSSIBLE) not just,
    'I know my rights! am I being DETAINED!?' :D

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

In the end, it sure seems always in your best interest when involved in situations like this

Or the old, "F you pig!"

That's not as effective either. :D

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Sorry coppers! I know you are just trying to do your jobs, but the best legal advice after an incident involving a shooting is:

"Don't Talk To The Police!"

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    His mistake was not using 12g, no.1 buck. No coup de grace necessary.
    Absolutely!

And to all the fools doing the B&E: play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    Anybody who breaks into someone's home must, has to, obviously expects that anyone living in said home will defend themselves and their family to whatever end. The fact that they know this tells me they are prepared to get in and out by any means necessary. No misunderstanding here. No crying "no harm, no foul". The jig is up.

1911arkain

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    NOLA
    I'm always waiting in my home to kill someone. Anyone who comes in uninvited will be shot and killed. Never know what the person shot will try and do to you to get away, or what drugs they are on.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Went to an Enhanced Carry class in Mississippi yesterday and another case come up. Bottom line is stop shooting when the 'threat" is no longer present.

That is taught in the basic CHP class in Louisiana.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Anyone who doubts this should look up the Bernard Goetz case.
    While being questioned with no atty present, Goetz claimed he did things that witnesses testified NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENED (like telling one of the attackers 'you don't look so good- here's another', before shooting him) - and it came back to haunt him in the civil trial.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I'm always waiting in my home to kill someone. Anyone who comes in uninvited will be shot and killed. Never know what the person shot will try and do to you to get away, or what drugs they are on.

....and the Jury may one day refer to this post as Exhibit A. :dogkeke:

Careful what ya post fellas....I'm guilty of it as much as anyone here though.

Defender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    As someone who has spent the last 25 years in criminal courts, I am amaised how often a person, with the best intentions, will incriminate themselves by trying to explain their actions to the police. When they tell you "anything you say will be used against you", IT WILL, PEROID! Always best to not make any statements until you consult with an attorney.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    As someone who has spent the last 25 years in criminal courts, I am amaised how often a person, with the best intentions, will incriminate themselves by trying to explain their actions to the police. When they tell you "anything you say will be used against you", IT WILL, PEROID! Always best to not make any statements until you consult with an attorney.

cant stress this enough.

half the time im like "do you understand the rights I just read?"

"yeeah yeah. WHAT HAD HAPPENED WAS...."

im thinkin "dude shut upppp"

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    cant stress this enough.

half the time im like "do you understand the rights I just read?"

"yeeah yeah. WHAT HAD HAPPENED WAS...."

im thinkin "dude shut upppp"
    So...tell us...how many times has someone you were going to arrest convinced you with eloquent words that you don't need to and you let them go on their way? Yeah...I bet I know the number. Lol!

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    His mistake was not using 12g, no.1 buck. No coup de grace necessary.

Went to an Enhanced Carry class in Mississippi yesterday and another case come up. Bottom line is stop shooting when the 'threat" is no longer present.

That is taught in the basic CHP class in Louisiana.

Did everyone here see the footage of the off-duty police officer held at gun point while pumping gas?
    The attacker was shot in the head and after dropping to the ground and laying pretty still for a little while, then lifted himself slightly with one arm and started to reach for his gun. Luckily the officer had the presence of mind to go kick the gun away from him.

That being said, just because an intruder has been shot and down, doesn't always mean they are no longer a threat.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Did everyone here see the footage of the off-duty police officer held at gun point while pumping gas?
    The attacker was shot in the head and after dropping to the ground and laying pretty still for a little while, then lifted himself slightly with one arm and started to reach for his gun. Luckily the officer had the presence of mind to go kick the gun away from him.

That being said, just because an intruder has been shot and down, doesn't always mean they are no longer a threat.

no doubt. but firing under their chin close enough to leave powder burns is an execution, no if's and's or buts about it. firing through her palm into her skull is physical proof that she was taking a defensive position. no matter how you hash it, its murder.

If you break into someones home, I think you are at the mercy of the homeowner and may very well get whats coming to you. Morality and Legality are two separate entities.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    firing through her palm into her skull is physical proof that she was taking a defensive position. no matter how you hash it, its murder.

When you hear gun shots and you throw up your hands,
    you may very well get shot through the hand.

That doesn't mean the shooter just murdered you....... :squint:

Top Bottom