Mandeville "Hero" to be Prosecuted?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA
    Whether deadly force was justified or not isn't the question. It's if this could have been avoided had the OC guy not put himself into the situation he had no part of being in.

You don't comprehend things very well. When did I say that he wouldn't come back in? He was agitated by the guy taking his plate number and followed him back in the store. The problem is the guy taking the plate number... That's always been the problem.

Pretty sure if you owned a store and a guy assaulted you and left, you would be hoping someone got a plate number.

Man you must really have life by the balls, you all knowing keyboard commander you..

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Ever touched fire as a kid? It burned when you touched it right? So the next time, you didn't touch it, right?

Don't go playing hero and you won't be in court.

I still dont understanf how you think getting a lp number is playing hero. Maybe his super hero name could be Captain Collects Info. And Disseminates It. Too wordy?

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Nobody is arguing that deadly force was or was not justified. Mandeville Police already submitted their finding to the DA. He probably won't go to a grand jury.

What will happen is he will be taken to court in a civil wrongful death lawsuit and probably lose everything he worked for. And THAT, is what I'm getting at. That store clerk or store owner that this guy felt so strongly about defending probably won't even so much as donate to the gofundme. Getting it ruled justified is not the end of the story here.

Whether deadly force was justified or not isn't the question. It's if this could have been avoided had the OC guy not put himself into the situation he had no part of being in.

Go back and read the post I quoted and was responding to.
    That is exactly what was said.

I missed the part about someones life being endangered. The aggressor was also unarmed. I see very little justification for deadly force.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Direct Quote from the original report.
    "The suspect left the store, but came back several times, becoming more aggressive with each visit."

So do we:

1) Follow him outside and get his LP? (could **** the dude off)

2) Lock the door? (him bashing the door down would show how crazy he really was)

3) Let him come in and out as he wants? (sooner or later it MAY get out of control)

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Pretty sure if you owned a store and a guy assaulted you and left, you would be hoping someone got a plate number.

I don't recall the owner of the store being present.

Go back and read the post I quoted and was responding to.
    That is exactly what was said.

I was sort of reiterating what you posted given the lack of comprehension we have around here.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    The problem is the guy taking the plate number... That's always been the problem.

no I don't think you understand, the problem here has always been the perp causing a problem in the first place. NOW IF he had not been a Poo Head in the first place no one would have been inclined to take down his LP.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    no I don't think you understand, the problem here has always been the perp causing a problem in the first place. NOW IF he had not been a Poo Head in the first place no one would have been inclined to take down his LP.

This game you are playing, it's called the What-If game and don't wish to play with you :ghey:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    And remember to play nice.
    Or infractions will be given out.

68336332.jpg

BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA
    I don't recall the owner of the store being present.

I was sort of reiterating what you posted given the lack of comprehension we have around here.

So now we are being petty, nice. Store employee I stand corrected. Either way you keep referring to others playing the what if game when you continue to do so yourself over and over. Im done with this one, carry on.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    This game you are playing, it's called the What-If game and don't wish to play with you :ghey:

that is not right I have another hour of work to get through. still weighting on some emails to come in on some activation so I have to sit here. I don't want to read the new pub on KMI yet.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    not that bored I could read the KMI pub. I read a little about the hb142 it looks like it is good but all that law stuff puts me to sleep sometimes.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    I read through hall this. This is what I have learned.

This community, filled with what I typically think are like minded people, with similar goals, understandings, and hearts is actually filled with about half of people that will not, and don't find it smart, to help each other.

Its not "hero" to attempt to grab a license plate. That's damn near a obligation as a member of a civil society based around law and order.
    WTF is wrong with some of yall? Regardless of this case (I am not familiar with the case), numerous people have mentioned grabbing a LP# is this huge offense that "asked for trouble". Have yall never called 911 for a wreckless driver? Suspicious person/vehicle??? The neighbors of the San Bernardino shooters didn't... that lady driving on I10 last year who followed the drunk driver for 7miles didn't... people died because of it.

I would absolutely HATE to meet some of you and have in some form or another mine or my families lives reliant on you in any way. It would be better knowing those around me were a bunch of libtards, at least I would know what to expect from them.

You people are showing to be more and more sided with the scum we should all be advocating against. Detaching yourselves from realities and your fellow citizens is shameful.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

This community, filled with what I typically think are like minded people, with similar goals, understandings, and hearts is actually filled with about half of people that will not, and don't find it smart, to help each other.

Its not "hero" to attempt to grab a license plate. That's damn near a obligation as a member of a civil society based around law and order.
    WTF is wrong with some of yall? Regardless of this case (I am not familiar with the case), numerous people have mentioned grabbing a LP# is this huge offense that "asked for trouble". Have yall never called 911 for a wreckless driver? Suspicious person/vehicle??? The neighbors of the San Bernardino shooters didn't... that lady driving on I10 last year who followed the drunk driver for 7miles didn't... people died because of it.

I would absolutely HATE to meet some of you and have in some form or another mine or my families lives reliant on you in any way. It would be better knowing those around me were a bunch of libtards, at least I would know what to expect from them.

You people are showing to be more and more sided with the scum we should all be advocating against. Detaching yourselves from realities and your fellow citizens is shameful.

His fund is only $19,820.00 short. Feel free to show your support and just put up the rest for him. Also libtards are the ones that want others to take care of their families for them.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    His fund is only $19,820.00 short. Feel free to show your support and just put up the rest for him. Also libtards are the ones that want others to take care of their families for them.

I dont think its a libtarded mindset to look out for out neighbor and hope he responds in kind. Sounds pretty much the opposite. A lib would tell the government to force their neighbor to protect them.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I dont think its a libtarded mindset to look out for out neighbor and hope he responds in kind. Sounds pretty much the opposite. A lib would tell the government to force their neighbor to protect them.

But the way you judge people for not helping it seems your a lot like the gov and want to force others to help.

You see I'm proud of the guy for doing what he felt was right. Now will doing what was right cause him to go broke, cause him to look behind his back daily and cause his family to be in danger ? It may and it may not but I'm not willing to put my "family" in that position and if you can't understand that well I don't know what to say.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    . . . The problem is the guy taking the plate number... That's always been the problem.

This is the same logic that blames the victim when his home is burglarized and firearms are stolen.

Same logic that blames a woman for getting raped because she dressed provocatively.

(Please forgive any grammatical or speling errors. I didn't do that gud in english class.)

Hear! Hear!

Apparently you don't understand liberalism/conservatism.

Conservatives have traditionally taken care of their neighbors. They are generous when their neighbors are in need, and won't hesitate to wade into a fight to help their neighbors against evil. They are chivalrous.

Liberals expect the government to solve all of their problems. They don't get involved. They walk away when they see their neighbor striving against evil. They are cowardly.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom