Take off your hat in Regions Bank.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I really think the hat rule is more of a safety thing than a check cashing or fraud protection policy. It is for the Cameras.

Like I said...The only time I remember being asked to remove my cap was at a Regions Bank which had been robbed a few times. Other locations did not seem as cautious.

I think some people are getting offended...Taking it personal...Like the bank isn't trusting them. FWIW...many banks make you give them a thumb print on the back of a cashed check for the fraud protection. I personally see that as a bigger infringement. But...If I want to cash the check, I do it. Its THEIR policy...Their right.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Gretna police looking for man who cashed fraudulent check

gretnasuspectjpg-4e2295d005969a27.jpg

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/02/gretna_police_looking_for_susp.html#incart_river

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I really think the hat rule is more of a safety thing than a check cashing or fraud protection policy. It is for the Cameras.

Like I said...The only time I remember being asked to remove my cap was at a Regions Bank which had been robbed a few times. Other locations did not seem as cautious.

I think some people are getting offended...Taking it personal...Like the bank isn't trusting them. FWIW...many banks make you give them a thumb print on the back of a cashed check for the fraud protection. I personally see that as a bigger infringement. But...If I want to cash the check, I do it. Its THEIR policy...Their right.

I take my business and the check elsewhere.

As is MY right.

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    Are you sure of this? That's not the way I understand it, but I am not a lawyer.

I remember businesses trying to keep blacks out during desegregation using "we can serve only who we want to serve," but that has been a long time.

I'm absolutely sure. The only catch is that the policies can't discriminate based on protected classifications such as race, gender, religion, etc.

Policies such as this no hat policy is very similar to stores posting "no shoes, no shirt, no service" policies.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    What kills me is that some adults wear hats, hoods, and sunglasses inside.

Some people need to brush up on the rules of etiquette.

JR1572

Last edited:

dixiejarhead

Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    NOLA/Northshore!
    I went to Regions bank today to order some checks. The first part of the conversation consisted of the teller saying that she would have to ask me to remove my hat. I said "Excuse me, what did you just say?" She repeated that she would have to ask me to remove my hat. I said I will have to refuse. She said that she would have to ask me to leave the bank. I said "I'm leaving and my accounts, my money and everything else will be following me shortly." She apologized. I told her there was no need to apologize as it wasn't her fault but I would not be doing business there anymore.
    I know, no threat to them but a whole load of satisfaction for me.

Capital "D" bag maneuver. You should be proud. Didn't you learn in the Marine Corps to remove your COVER when you go inside a building?

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    I've been with Regions for 20 years. That policy has been in place for at least 3 to 5 years. Nearly all banks have the same policy for security identification reasons.

If Regions upset you that bad then you are eventually going to run out of banks when they ask you to remove your hat.

Thumper

Colt Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Jackson
    My grandfather always taught me to remove my hat indoors, saying hello to a lady, and respecting or nation. Teach my kids the same!!! camera or no camera, Kudos to the teller

Dishonored

Hunter
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    Id hate to see the looks some of you do goods would give me when I wear my hat, indoors everywhere I go. More places than I carry a gun. OH NOES!! Amazing that you all are caught up about respect and no hat indoors but seen some of you argue to carry in a church or elsewhere that's ridiculous.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Id hate to see the looks some of you do goods would give me when I wear my hat, indoors everywhere I go. More places than I carry a gun. OH NOES!! Amazing that you all are caught up about respect and no hat indoors but seen some of you argue to carry in a church or elsewhere that's ridiculous.

I carry in church. There have been dozens of shootings at churches this decade nationwide.

I do not wear my hat inside. It has never rained inside of a building... ever, nationwide.
    I've also never had the sun in my eyes, ever, while inside a building...

idk what the big deal is. if you wear your hat inside, my assumption at first glance is that you're inept and likely the result of poor parenting. I'm not necessarily right, but it is the first impression you send to many more than you'd know.

Last edited:

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I carry in church. There have been dozens of shootings at churches this decade nationwide.

I do not wear my hat inside. It has never rained inside of a building... ever, nationwide.
    I've also never had the sun in my eyes, ever, while inside a building...

idk what the big deal is. if you wear your hat inside, my assumption at first glance is that you're inept and likely the result of poor parenting. I'm not necessarily right, but it is the first impression you send to many more than you'd know.

Inept? Really?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom