The **** you heard people say about firearms...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    I picked up my target and made him walk back for calling me a liar.
    This made my day. Great post! Off topic i even find your grouping at closer range amazing when i take into my own lack of skills. That sounds like fun if someone one is able to guide you through the learning process. I only favor scopes due to not being able to see well far. A better way to say it is, i can see that far, just dont have the skills.

The only thing that aggravates me is hearing people say they want or shot a "glock 40" when they mean a .40s&w.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    [off_topic]
    A better way to say it is, i can see that far, just dont have the skills.
    I was a scope guy who gave good irons a try. Keywords are good irons. With a small amount of training, one weekend, you can keep it in the black. Until you've tried it you can't believe just how accurate you can be with old school iron sights.

As for training take an Appleseed course then practice with a rimfire rifle like you're trying to wear out the barrel. Easy transition to centerfire. Just a bit more noise and recoil. Myself I practice with a sporter class air rifle in the carport. Fundamentals are the same and the air rifle is not tolerant of any errors in form.
    [/off_topic]

Kcabear

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Gueydan
    Was at a Lafayette area GS and the guy behind the counter, a Marine combat vet, is talking about the .375 cheytac and he wants one because they broke the world record beating Chris Kyle's longest shot record. Same guy claimed the dragunov is a worthless rifle that is junk. Also the same shop advertising their 300 blk out effective to 1000 yds with supersonic ammo. Refuse to step foot into that shop again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Time for some more **** you hear in a gun shop:

one incident:
    Lady that had a assault encounter and a neglected revolver: "He come in hit me in the head. I don't want that."

Same lady who had a can of Slap Ya Mama seasoning in her purse with her Taurus 357 revolver (It rusted it terribly and was brought in for cleaning): " I didn't even have chance to shoot any body! I never put Slap yo Mama with gun again!"

Another incident today:
    " Man I got shot bout last week (as hes holding the left side of his rib cage with glazed over eyes and a half burned Kool cigarette behind his ear) went all da way through man. Tryin' to get dat conceal carry. Man, ma **** was in da car."

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Time for some more **** you hear in a gun shop:

one incident:
    Lady that had a assault encounter and a neglected revolver: "He come in hit me in the head. I don't want that."

Same lady who had a can of Slap Ya Mama seasoning in her purse with her Taurus 357 revolver (It rusted it terribly and was brought in for cleaning): " I didn't even have chance to shoot any body! I never put Slap yo Mama with gun again!"

Another incident today:
    " Man I got shot bout last week (as hes holding the left side of his rib cage with glazed over eyes and a half burned Kool cigarette behind his ear) went all da way through man. Tryin' to get dat conceal carry. Man, ma **** was in da car."

This might be what she's looking for

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I actually forgot about this thread :hs:

It blows my mind how many people buy a firearm and have no idea what it is...

*While at the shop this week*

Clerk: "How can I help you?"
    Customer: "What's the best concealable gun you have?"
    Clerk: "Well what are you looking for? 9mm? 40?"
    Customer: "I bought a Glock recently and it doesn't hide well. I need a good holster."
    Clerk: "What model Glock is it?"
    Customer: "I think it's one of the 40's."
    Clerk: "Is it a Glock 22?"
    Customer: "No not a .22, it's a 40 something."
    Clerk: "Ok, you mean a Glock 43."
    Customer: "No, no... It's a .380 caliber."
    Clerk: "Ohh that's the Glock 42."
    Customer: "Well I guess so, I just bought it the other day."

Meanwhile, I'm just watching in amazement.

The clerk is a nice guy, he went on to help the man find a suitable holster, but I can't believe how ignorant people can be.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    To add, I can't count how many times someone has bought a gun, then asked me if it's good. Well why the hell did you buy it if you don't know if it's junk or not?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Just in:

"-Do you have a Glock 42 in .380?
    -No sir, they have been kind of tough to get.
    -Oh ok. Yeah, I dont like a 9mm its too big for carry. Just a law suit waiting to happen!"

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Just in:

"-Do you have a Glock 42 in .380?
    -No sir, they have been kind of tough to get.
    -Oh ok. Yeah, I dont like a 9mm its too big for carry. Just a law suit waiting to happen!"

Ok ok I know there is little point in struggling to understand what this guy's logic is, but here goes: he wants a 380... because... the lack of penetration? :eek4:

Ok that hurt my brain a little.

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Ok ok I know there is little point in struggling to understand what this guy's logic is, but here goes: he wants a 380... because... the lack of penetration? :eek4:

Ok that hurt my brain a little.

Yea I had to pause to collect my thoughts and attempt to process it after he said it.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    Asked a gun store employee for a recommendation on a concealable double-stacked 9mm. Told him I have a P938, but was interested in something with a capacity of 10rds+.
    He replied "If you need more than 7 rounds to get out of a situation, something's wrong. You only need enough ammo to be able to get back to your truck and then you can leave".

Shocked and awed. Someone's been listening to Hillary and Bloomberg a bit too much methinks.
    And WTF kind of salesman is that?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Asked a gun store employee for a recommendation on a concealable double-stacked 9mm. Told him I have a P938, but was interested in something with a capacity of 10rds+.
    He replied "If you need more than 7 rounds to get out of a situation, something's wrong. You only need enough ammo to be able to get back to your truck and then you can leave".

Shocked and awed. Someone's been listening to Hillary and Bloomberg a bit too much methinks.

(In a Berny Sanders voice)
    10 rounds plus a tactical reload is entirely too much ammo. Six rounds is plenty ammo for any situation.

Anyone "feel the Bern" yet?
    :dogkeke:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La

10_21_15_Alison_GreatScott.gif

Guess this guy never heard the old adage, "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom