*Update* (Didn't ) loose my job because of my remarks about Al Sharpton

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    As far as Im concerned......I wouldnt go down with a fight.They "heard" someone on the radio.....perhaps its wasnt you?Perhaps it was bleed over from ham radio or cb?Perhaps "they" have all conjured up a story and sticking together to get you dismissed because they or someone they know want your position??Perhaps they are the predjudice ones?Sounds to me like "hear say" and someone starting rumours!.......if it wasnt witnessed or video or voice recorded with analysis Id get a lawyer and sue the **** out of them.First thing I would do is IMMEDIATELY erase this thread and play dumb.Just my opinion
    I'm not concerned with what I say in this thread, if the truth hurts someone then so be it. No matter the outcome, I have learned a valuable lesson.

Masonmedic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If the radios aren't recorded, I personally would be inclined to clam up, deny everything and make them prove it was me.

Yep....they have to prove it was you.You dont have to prove that it wasnt you.That defeats the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thingy.And btw,good luck and I commend you for saying you wouldnt deny what you said.And truly,you done NO wrong.Its a sticky situation when someones livelihood is involved.Ride it out..keep DAMN good track of everything.And do what feels best.

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    Why? Because apparently you don't get out into the world much and know how these things play out when you have a situation like this arise and you have "offended" minorities on the warpath over it.

Do I personally think what he said was bad/wrong? No. But I'm pretty sure he was just making a comment, not an actual threat.

Do I think it was a bonehead thing to say, when it could be overheard by mixed company who is possibly looking for a reason to stab someone in the back? Absolutely.

I learned a long time ago to NEVER say ANYTHING at work about ANY subject that could come back and bite me in the ass. This is a prime example. In ANY workplace, there are always those people who are troublemakers and will use something like this to their advantage or to hurt you if they can.

Well, I have been in the real world, not as much as you I'm sure...but still it's sad to me when people can just say " this is what we the people have become and get used to it "

Me, I'd really rather try to reverse process. Rides have bumps :chuckles:

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    The point i was trying to make is that every hard working tax paying patriotic american black or white agrees that people like Sharpton are a large part of the problem and not a solution. So the powers that be who will decide your fate will undoubtedly fall into that catagory and will be less likely to consider your statement racist when you provide them with an explanation. Those that complained about your comment probably don't know you personally and were looking for attention or a possible lawsuit for profit. That'd be my angle if i was defending your case.

and please don't go down without a fight or enroll in tolerence classes. It's time we stop feeling guilty for the past actions of others and concern ourselves with the only true reality in life...the present moment.

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    Well, I have been in the real world, not as much as you I'm sure...but still it's sad to me when people can just say " this is what we the people have become and get used to it "

I think you just get shits and giggles out of finding everywhere I post something and argue with it.

I never said I was happy with the way things are, but they are what they are. Not a whole lot I can do to change it, just do what I can to keep from getting caught up in something I don't want any part of.

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    Like others here have said, never discuss race, politics or religion with people outside of your immediate family. At work, over a microphone? Jeez, c'mon man... WTF di you expect? That being said, don't cave in to those politically correct pricks. If you do lose your job over it, lose your temper, let them have it, give them a piece of your mind and start throwing **** ! They can't tell your next employer the reason they let you go or any details about it. You get a free pass to give them a little "wall-to-wall therapy."

Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    I think you just get shits and giggles out of finding everywhere I post something and argue with it.

I never said I was happy with the way things are, but they are what they are. Not a whole lot I can do to change it, just do what I can to keep from getting caught up in something I don't want any part of.

I'm just always pushin to make everything better all the time...everywhere.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Lets take politics and race out of the whole equation:

You said you would murder someone.

Why would and employer want to keep you around? It's not good for them in any way. Spouting off got you in trouble. You should probably learn from that instead of denying it.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Well.....I was just thinking about Bill Clinton's response during his deposition.

He brilliantly said....."It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

====
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=martyr

1. martyr 313 up, 32 down
    1. One who chooses to suffer death rather than renounce religious principles.
    2. One who makes great sacrifices or suffers much in order to further a belief, cause, or principle.

A great show of suffering in order to arouse sympathy.

To inflict great pain on.
    Accidently like a martyr -Warren Zevon
    buy martyr mugs & shirts
    by Cliff Dickens May 2, 2004 share this add a video
    2. martyr 85 up, 30 down
    A martyr is a person who dies fighting for what they believe in. A martyr can either kill themselves or be killed.

In the 19th Century, a woman in England named Emily Davison (A member of the suffragette party) becamame a matryr after killing herself by jumping infront of horses at the "Epson Derby".

Martyrs gain a lot of sympathy by the public for preforming such an act which is one of the main contributing factors as to why they do it in the first place.

Martin Luther King is a martyr as he died defending black peoples rights
    buy martyr mugs & shirts
    martyr suffragets sufragetes emily davison england
    by Acdc2693 Nov 8, 2007 share this add a video
    3. martyr 77 up, 102 down
    Someone who purposely takes on extra duties or unpleasant activity for the sake of attention and being able to complain about it.
    1. Eli always volunteers to work late and then complains about it. He is such a martyr.

Last edited:

Jman1911

Louisiana Sportsman
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    Don't sweat it "D" People's feelings get hurt all the dam time......some People just need to get over it!

In the mean time move your radio! Lol

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Lets take politics and race out of the whole equation:

You said you would murder someone.

Why would and employer want to keep you around? It's not good for them in any way. Spouting off got you in trouble. You should probably learn from that instead of denying it.

If you remove politics (and race too given the fact some of you keep insisting VS is racist), the this whole situation would never have happened. Your argument is invalid. Try again.

Last edited:

I.B. Pimpin

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    Last night at work we were talking about the Treyvon Martin shooting and got on a discussion about Al Sharpton in the news. I commented how I'd like to call him and tell him to come march here in my parish, and I'd make him a Martyre. Well I happened to be sitting on my mike and some black operators heard me and called my boss and filed a complaint. Got a call a while ago at the gun show from my boss telling me they are putting me on administrative leave pending an investigation. My new boss is also black, what are my chances. Does my personal feelings about Sharpton constitute that I should be fired? In 30 years in this industry, I have never been in trouble so now I'm worried that with all the racial tension, that I could loose my job over my freedom of speech. But in the corporate world nowadays a white man doesn't stand a chance when it come to racial division.

17568596.jpg

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    It sounds to me from his post that he said he wants to invite al sharpton to his parish and "make him a Martyre" (sic).

I am not 100% on what a Martyre is, but it sounds to me as if he said he wants not only to kill Al, but to kill him for what he believes in.

Now maybe I'm wrong, Mr. Vigilante Sniper is a bartender and a "Martyre" is a cool alcoholic beverage, and he wants to make Al a refreshing drink.

Other than that is sounds pretty racist. He might not be a racist, but to a reasonably thinking person that is how it easily comes across.
    /QUOTE]

Just reading the OP I think this may be the problem. Uncle Al is by-far the most racist person I have ever publicly heard but I'm white so my thoughts don't count. Good luck, but I think the outcome will not be good. Sorry

I.B. Pimpin

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    It sounds to me from his post that he said he wants to invite al sharpton to his parish and "make him a Martyre" (sic).

I am not 100% on what a Martyre is, but it sounds to me as if he said he wants not only to kill Al, but to kill him for what he believes in.

Now maybe I'm wrong, Mr. Vigilante Sniper is a bartender and a "Martyre" is a cool alcoholic beverage, and he wants to make Al a refreshing drink.

Other than that is sounds pretty racist. He might not be a racist, but to a reasonably thinking person that is how it easily comes across.
    /QUOTE]

Just reading the OP I think this may be the problem. Uncle Al is by-far the most racist person I have ever publicly heard but I'm white so my thoughts don't count. Good luck, but I think the outcome will not be good. Sorry
    You're right. He should prepare to be fricked.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    If you remove politics (and race too given the fact some of you keep insisting VS is racist), the this whole situation would never have happened. Your argument is invalid. Try again.

No it isn't. Go to work and say you would kill someone (unless you work for yourself). See what happens. Did race and politics motivate a certain group of people to report it? Sure. With or without politics, it's not right to say such a thing.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Yep....they have to prove it was you.You dont have to prove that it wasnt you.That defeats the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thingy.And btw,good luck and I commend you for saying you wouldnt deny what you said.And truly,you done NO wrong.Its a sticky situation when someones livelihood is involved.Ride it out..keep DAMN good track of everything.And do what feels best.

This would be true in a court of law but not in the workplace in a right to work state. They don't have to prove anything they can terminate without cause.

Am I correct that your union? If that was the case I would call my union rep first thing Monday morning. Now if the union rep is black well then your pretty much screwed

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom