Academy Sports no longer getting any of my hard earned

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    The math is easy - they lose, say $1,000 on a pistol vs a comp claim and lawsuit. If I ran a big box store, I wouldn't let employees engage either. They probably lose as much as that pistol cost in internal theft every week.

I often wonder why they don't require an ID to let folks handle firearms now. You have to present one to buy a firearm, so if you are Academy, why not get it upfront? Not that I wouldn't bitch about that too...
    That’s a good point and I didn’t think of that. Make them give ID if they want to handle a firearm.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    That’s a good point and I didn’t think of that. Make them give ID if they want to handle a firearm.
    Then it would be infringement of rights to people window shopping lol :dogkeke: ..people don’t even wanna show receipt walking outta Walmart… myself included lol… you got people who won’t even produce ID to LE when being questioned with the whole new movement of 1st amendment checkers and sovereign citizens thing lol … let alone in 2023 you can make your own fake id or even order them online shipped to your house…

Last edited:

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    That store usually has JPSO in front. I guess this time they didn’t. With the guns at the back & exit in front, why don’t they have auto locking doors?
    If you looked at her interview she was not trained Or approved by the store to intervene. This is her side of the story. There may be more that she didn’t say. I don’t know. This won’t keep me away like Dick’s policy.
    I just hope they catch the DB & she gets a better job.

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    That store usually has JPSO in front. I guess this time they didn’t. With the guns at the back & exit in front, why don’t they have auto locking doors?
    If you looked at her interview she was not trained Or approved by the store to intervene. This is her side of the story. There may be more that she didn’t say. I don’t know. This won’t keep me away like Dick’s policy.
    I just hope they catch the DB & she gets a better job.
    IDK - ajto locking doors sounds great until you realize that the perp has the last gun that he stole with him too and its loaded. The safest thing for them to do is write it off and charge the rest of us 2% more. Now if you or I was at the front of Academy and the perp pointed the stolen gun at one of us it could be a whole different news story. In my case its probably a good thing that they sell new underwear at academy so that I could drive home.:eek3:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well, something tells me this ain’t over. At the end of the day, Academy Sports facilitated putting a stolen gun on the street in a criminal’s hand. Likely a person who would’ve failed the background check. I’m pretty sure the ATF frowns on things like this. Do they not? Maybe Academy’s gun security policies are lacking? It’s common place for an employer to fire employees when something like this happens. I think they do it to distance themselves from liability.

V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps
    They want to shut down in person shopping and push people solely online, to places like Amazon and Walmart.com. Firearms owners are going to be screwed, just as they intend. They want a society like that in Ready Player One where people sit in their cubicles playing games and ordering what you need online.

Wizard1183

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2016
    Lafayette
    They want to shut down in person shopping and push people solely online, to places like Amazon and Walmart.com. Firearms owners are going to be screwed, just as they intend. They want a society like that in Ready Player One where people sit in their cubicles playing games and ordering what you need online.
    That’s exactly where we’re headed. And when that happens? Gun laws shall be changed. And the. Most kids these days? Won’t even know how to operate one. But the criminals will ALWAYS have them. The USA is a 3rd world country. If you can’t see that? You’re delusional and naive. It’s what they want. Otherwise? Law would be changed to protect the innocent. Instead they’re written to protect the criminals. And once gun law are enforced throughout? Police will step aside and the people will deal with the criminal. The way it should be. Thank the judicial system for the way this is thank politicians. They don’t go out in public because they’re too chickenshit. They’d be bombarded. So they go to dinner parties etc within the confines of homes…they could use extreme Lynching on their asses.

V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps
    That’s exactly where we’re headed. And when that happens? Gun laws shall be changed. And the. Most kids these days? Won’t even know how to operate one. But the criminals will ALWAYS have them. The USA is a 3rd world country. If you can’t see that? You’re delusional and naive. It’s what they want. Otherwise? Law would be changed to protect the innocent. Instead they’re written to protect the criminals. And once gun law are enforced throughout? Police will step aside and the people will deal with the criminal. The way it should be. Thank the judicial system for the way this is thank politicians. They don’t go out in public because they’re too chickenshit. They’d be bombarded. So they go to dinner parties etc within the confines of homes…they could use extreme Lynching on their asses.
    Someone at the World Economic Forum (I believe) recently said that some countries with Constitutions will need to change them to implement their planned changes. Thats why talk of a ConCon has been in the news for the last while. They are trying to sell it as "Oh, with a ConCon we'll be able to stop the infringement on the 2ed amendment, free our God given right to Free Speech etc..". However, once a ConCon is started, they'll be able to tear up the Constitution and Bill of Rights and create a whole new Constitution. A Green Constitution! Every politician is a Quisling. They've sold out, sold you and me out. We've got to resist any push for a Constitutional Convention. Yes, all our rights have been mauled and about destroyed, but they are still there and most real Americans still believe in them. That number is declining as they bring all these illegal invaders in, the replacement population. I wish I could just accept it all and stare at Facebook all day but I can't. I refuse to log onto FB or any of the other echo chamber social media site. I just can't conform to what they want.

WeldonHunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Weldon, LA
    Possibly, but now I know for sure whom they side with. Just like Dick's when they spit on the Second Amendment, I will choose not to spend my money with those whom support criminals.
    And don't forget Walmart. I don't like their policies in store concerning firearm sales and CCW in the stores but that's their prerogative. What I don't like is when Walmart decided to participate with and give money to Anti-Second Amendment lobby groups like Mom's Demand Action Against Gun Violence and Everytown for Gun Safety. I'll be damned if I'm giving my money to a place that then turns around and gives it to groups who are trying to remove my 2nd Amendment right. Haven't been back since 2016. https://tennesseefirearms.com/2019/...-michael-bloomberg-to-advance-gun-ban-agenda/

perilloux5

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Ponchatoula, LA
    They stopped getting my $ when they wouldn't use my lifetime CHP for a firearm purchase. They seemed to be unaware that the law had changed. Went right to Bass Pro and made the purchase with it.
    Lifetime is only usable for purchase during the first 5 years after issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240105_201217_Fast PDF Reader.jpg
      Screenshot_20240105_201217_Fast PDF Reader.jpg
      263.4 KB · Views: 14

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Lifetime is only usable for purchase during the first 5 years after issue.
    As long as your permit shows within the 5 years, it is good to purchase. The older lifetimes didn't have a date on them. The new lifetimes have a date, so they are good to use, if not expired. And they give you a new one every 5 years with an updated date.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Then it would be infringement of rights to people window shopping lol :dogkeke: ..people don’t even wanna show receipt walking outta Walmart… myself included lol… you got people who won’t even produce ID to LE when being questioned with the whole new movement of 1st amendment checkers and sovereign citizens thing lol … let alone in 2023 you can make your own fake id or even order them online shipped to your house…
    Fair points and imo showing a receipt to exit wal mart is a little different. I’m not in favor of passing more laws or having more regulations in place so I can see why that might bother some. If I’m being honest though if I’m handling a gun at Academy theirs a good chance it’s coming home with me so I’ll be showing ID regardless.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Fair points and imo showing a receipt to exit wal mart is a little different. I’m not in favor of passing more laws or having more regulations in place so I can see why that might bother some. If I’m being honest though if I’m handling a gun at Academy theirs a good chance it’s coming home with me so I’ll be showing ID regardless.
    If you show it then what? They hold it till you done? Copy it and save it for a file? Somthing for the gov. To access ? Why not just hand a fake id???Just looking at it for a sec has “0” security what so ever…. There’s really no “win” in that senecio

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    If you show it then what? They hold it till you done? Copy it and save it for a file? Somthing for the gov. To access ? Why not just hand a fake id???Just looking at it for a sec has “0” security what so ever…. There’s really no “win” in that senecio
    A retail loss prevention friend advised that you don't have to show them your receipt. It's not like Costco or Sam's where you're a member and agree to the rules. When they ask if you have a receipt, just say yes and keep walking.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    A retail loss prevention friend advised that you don't have to show them your receipt. It's not like Costco or Sam's where you're a member and agree to the rules. When they ask if you have a receipt, just say yes and keep walking.
    Never thought of that, I just hand my receipt to them when requested. I'm going to try your approach next time @ WM, I like it.

I can tell you this, when they have a line to check receipts at the door (busy), I just go around with my cart. I'm not waiting on that BS. Nothing has ever come of it.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Never thought of that, I just hand my receipt to them when requested. I'm going to try your approach next time @ WM, I like it.

I can tell you this, when they have a line to check receipts at the door (busy), I just go around with my cart. I'm not waiting on that BS. Nothing has ever come of it.
    Yeah, they're just hoping to get the lemmings :dogkeke:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Correct that only applies to a memebership store, and all they can do for refusal is strip membership from
    You which would ban you from shopping.. Walmart can not force you to provide receipt, after they make you check yourself out lol

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I don't mind flashing my receipt . It's never taken more than a few seconds . People need jobs , and I don't feel the need to show dominance over some 65 yr old woman trying to earn a living .

Wizard1183

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2016
    Lafayette
    Someone at the World Economic Forum (I believe) recently said that some countries with Constitutions will need to change them to implement their planned changes. Thats why talk of a ConCon has been in the news for the last while. They are trying to sell it as "Oh, with a ConCon we'll be able to stop the infringement on the 2ed amendment, free our God given right to Free Speech etc..". However, once a ConCon is started, they'll be able to tear up the Constitution and Bill of Rights and create a whole new Constitution. A Green Constitution! Every politician is a Quisling. They've sold out, sold you and me out. We've got to resist any push for a Constitutional Convention. Yes, all our rights have been mauled and about destroyed, but they are still there and most real Americans still believe in them. That number is declining as they bring all these illegal invaders in, the replacement population. I wish I could just accept it all and stare at Facebook all day but I can't. I refuse to log onto FB or any of the other echo chamber social media site. I just can't conform to what they want.
    Unfortunately there’s nothing we can do. Absolutely nothing. Accept it. They divided the country to ensure its demise. Rights have been stripped. It’s a money grab. And lawyers found a loophole by paying off judges and implementing grey areas in law. If they kept it black and white? We wouldn’t having these discussions. But a criminal gets to appeal a conviction. Why is that? Accept the fate given by the 12panel whether right or wrong. It’s done. But no let’s appeal. Waste millions on appeals for what? What exactly does it do? Nothing.

And then I keep hearing let’s vote em out. Really? Vote them out? And who do you think we’ll replace them? A spitting image. That’s who? Voting hasn’t worked. If voting worked? The country would be better off wouldn’t you think? After all, I guess we’ve just been voting wrong every election for the past 70+ yrs? Behind the curtains what you don’t see? Is republican and democrats are the same ppl at the same dinners sharing the same laughs, creating the same laws and stealing the middles class is money to create rich and poor. No one gets into politics thinking they’ll make a difference. They get in to do the same thing everyone else is doing. Stealing money. Helping out one another in the group. Crooked lawyers , crooked judges, crooked politicians. And theirs not a single judge out there who’s never taken a bribe. Find one and I’ll call him a liar and ask him to prove his innocence like us peasants have to do when a criminal inflicts harm towards us and we retaliate…

Last edited:
    Top Bottom