ATF proposes rule to close 'gun show loophole'

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    It sure will be fun to buy for the few months before it takes effect! The prices are nice and average right now...they'll plummet if they make this a rule.
    Or non compliance… lol but with this sites new rule changes where not allowing even pictures with a gun brace on pistols… or even being giving away in the same post as a pistol … I’m sure this site would require proof of a sale on this site going through an ffl or they will turn you in :dogkeke:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Come on man! They aren't coming after your guns. Remember it all started with "it's just a piece of plastic". Thank that mentality for what's happening and what's to come. This isn't $hit compared to what's coming. Optics, furniture, NV, thermal, and ammo will follow. And remember there are countless men and women willing to execute any orders they are given at any cost. I pray for leaders to stand up and correct this mess in a non violent way. If they would focus on the criminals and not turn law abiding people into criminals with rules...

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Or non compliance… lol but with this sites new rule changes where not allowing even pictures with a gun brace on pistols… or even being giving away in the same post as a pistol … I’m sure this site would require proof of a sale on this site going through an ffl or they will turn you in :dogkeke:
    I mean I like bayoushooter… been here a while… but out of the 8 other buy/sell/trade sites I’m on, none of them care or regulate you selling a braced pistol or even a brace being available with a pistol lol…. That’s like selling a pistol with and sbr kit… nothing is illegal about that… but on this site selling a pistol with a brace kit is banned lol

I know, I know :deadhorse:

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Come on man! They aren't coming after your guns. Remember it all started with "it's just a piece of plastic". Thank that mentality for what's happening and what's to come. This isn't $hit compared to what's coming. Optics, furniture, NV, thermal, and ammo will follow. And remember there are countless men and women willing to execute any orders they are given at any cost. I pray for leaders to stand up and correct this mess in a non violent way. If they would focus on the criminals and not turn law abiding people into criminals with rules...
    Body Armor too, nonprofits that give people body armor are heroic, a civilian owning body armor is a BIG RED FLAG DEY BAD GUYZ!!!

Ballistic helmet? You're a terrorist!

Why do you have a big scary scope on your rifle? If you need magnification you shouldn't be shooting, it's not safe!

No civilian needs Thermal or Night Vision, that's just part of an assault weapon....

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I mean I like bayoushooter… been here a while… but out of the 8 other buy/sell/trade sites I’m on, none of them care or regulate you selling a braced pistol or even a brace being available with a pistol lol…. That’s like selling a pistol with and sbr kit… nothing is illegal about that… but on this site selling a pistol with a brace kit is banned lol

I know, I know :deadhorse:
    I did not realize that, crazy.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Outside of Louisiana Sportsman this is the only site that has classifieds that focuses on the local area. The only reason I'm still here
    Today, when I went on LS, there were 20+ ads for drugs/chemicals from China. That site could be great if it were actually monitored for scammers and poison.

That is where BS has the advantage. Even if the mods hate your guts they probably won't sabotage your economic activity, or hardcore target your posts, and they'll filter out scammers and poisons. I miss BS of 2007-2010ish, but time have changed in a lot of ways since then anyway.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    They can mind their own damn business. How would they prove someone sold a gun in a private sale?
    Because there are multiple agents on this site…. They buy, sell, and trade…. You don’t think it’s just us good ole boys on here right? That’s why Armslist went to crap. I had a dude trying to sell me Glock switches and he sent me different pictures of his expired military ID card… I was done after that. I’m not even going to communicate with criminals much less do business with them. I don’t have any orange clothes and I don’t want any either. It’s so hard to tell friend from for these days.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Wow I must have outed some alphabet boys on my last post….. Nobody touched it lol… Well they have done it again… Now they are trying to stop personal sales??? I don’t like selling guns, but that doesn’t mean other people feel the same about the situation. I don’t buy firearms with any intention to sell or trade them off. If I’m on here looking around it’s because I’m tired of a gun or something else caught my eye. But it seems like they are going to go after that also… I have a feeling this site is gonna drop into a chatting page and that’s it… Am I wrong? What say you?

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    You did Mike. There are several ATF/FBI agents on this forum. It's widely known. I've met one of them because of comments I made on here years ago. So everyone tip toes like babies once that is brought up

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Because there are multiple agents on this site…. They buy, sell, and trade…. You don’t think it’s just us good ole boys on here right? That’s why Armslist went to crap. I had a dude trying to sell me Glock switches and he sent me different pictures of his expired military ID card… I was done after that. I’m not even going to communicate with criminals much less do business with them. I don’t have any orange clothes and I don’t want any either. It’s so hard to tell friend from for these days.
    I don't know about 'agents', but those fine patriotic men and women at the NSA deserve a shout out.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    With this rule/definition/bill as well as the brace situation, it just shows it doesn’t matter who controls the house or the senate or supreme court judges … they just make rules that by pass the legislative procedure when they arnt in control of either one lol…

2tix2gunshow

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2020
    Baton Rouge
    Requirement of background checks for private gun sales would create an opportunity for LGS to provide a profitable private party transaction service. They could even add on an inspection by the gunsmith.

I am perfectly aware of the slippery slope we are on toward losing our gun rights, but I’m going to enjoy what little we have left.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Requirement of background checks for private gun sales would create an opportunity for LGS to provide a profitable private party transaction service. They could even add on an inspection by the gunsmith.

I am perfectly aware of the slippery slope we are on toward losing our gun rights, but I’m going to enjoy what little we have left.
    There is no upside to this. While you may see it as an opportunity for gun shops, in reality it is a setup for registration, and then confiscation.
    I would go as far as to say that I would not support any shop that provided such service, if advertised in such a manner to comply with such an unconstitutional act.

The best way to fight this, if it is not beat via law suits, is mass noncompliance - that means EVERYONE.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston

That’s already available… point is it shouldn’t be REQUIRED BY LAW!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom