ATF proposes rule to close 'gun show loophole'

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    Question.... Would you allow supporters of the Democrat party on your land to pass out flyers and speak on how more gun laws are needed?
    This is not a Red -vs - Blue situation. Fellow gun owners can not even get along on this forum much less unite in the voting booths to elect a true believer in the 2nd Amendment.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    This is not a Red -vs - Blue situation. Fellow gun owners can not even get along on this forum much less unite in the voting booths to elect a true believer in the 2nd Amendment.
    I was not trying to make it red vs blue. I know he is a big conservative and as many of us.. Supports 2a. So I used that as an example. Because that's how they are making the 1st ammendment to be.. That you can say whatever you want anywhere. Which is not entirely true.

Back when I went to LSU early 2000s, we had free speech alley. Only there could you express any opinion you had. Any where else and you would be asked to move on.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Read where I said it isn't free. Then go read up on the constitution.

BTW.. I never said I was offended by anything. What I did say is this is a privately owned forum and the owner can delete anything he wants. Isn't that what us as conservatives want? The right to do business and run our lives as we see fit?

Question.... Would you allow supporters of the Democrat party on your land to pass out flyers and speak on how more gun laws are needed?
    You know the answer to that. I was just laughing because everyone is so sensitive these days. Everyone is offended about everything. It’s time for real men to stand up and stop crying over words. I wasn’t going against you though lol.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    The wisdom of Shakespeare is everlasting.

If we all lived by this tenet we would all be dangerous and kind, just like we should be.

"Love all, trust a few,
    Do wrong to none. Be able for thine enemy
    Rather in power than use, and keep thy friend
    Under thy own life’s key Be checked for silence,
    But never taxed for speech."

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    All of this won't matter when the new variant is unleashed and the mandatory new Ouchy is rolled out. Lock downs and mass hysteria will dominate the election cycle on cue. The sheep will do what sheep do. The question is..how many learned what it was all about the first time? No matter what your overlords tell you...you still have a choice. Make your choices count.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    There is no upside to this. While you may see it as an opportunity for gun shops, in reality it is a setup for registration, and then confiscation.
    I would go as far as to say that I would not support any shop that provided such service, if advertised in such a manner to comply with such an unconstitutional act.

The best way to fight this, if it is not beat via law suits, is mass noncompliance - that means EVERYONE.
    This this this this this…..

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    hmmm he sure did say "zero" alot for it to be doing all it does lol

will now be an act of donation for a glock... and you buy this coke can for for $500.... or $750 for bs prices

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Didn't you ask for your kderek(sp?) account to be deactivated because you didn't like how this place was run?

Besides.. This is a privately owned forum you don't have freedom of speech here.
    So this is kderek using a pseudonym here BC he shutdown his other profile? I noticed he went ghost, and I can no longer search his historic posts. Another big cat here went thru two or three usernames/pseudonyms here, then quit again. Might be on number four and has returned to lurk. For some this hobby or interest is a real addiction. Cannot stay away.

The best way to fight this, if it is not beat via law suits, is mass noncompliance - that means EVERYONE.
    Sort of like Biden's braced pistol ban and registration. I read data on line (two sources) out of a conservative number of braced pistols and BP stocks sold (somewhere around 20 or 30 million in the US) ~ 260,000 applicants filed/registered with the ATF for the free SBR stamp during the grace period. I decided at the eleventh hour to submit my two remaining braced pistols. Both were approved in the last ten days, just shy of 5 month wait. I mean I got nothing to lose, I got 2 free Biden/Merrick Garland SBR stamps. They know where I live already and what NFA items I own. Got my prints and pic years ago. If the braced pistol ban is overturned in the fed courts eventually, the stamps become invalid and I am out $4 for mailing costs, and my time. I have plenty of time on my hands in retirement.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    So this is kderek using a pseudonym here BC he shutdown his other profile? I noticed he went ghost, and I can no longer search his historic posts. Another big cat here went thru two or three usernames/pseudonyms here, then quit again. Might be on number four and has returned to lurk. For some this hobby or interest is a real addiction. Cannot stay away.

Idk which one he had first. The Russian one says he has been a member since 2014. So I'd say he had two names for awhile. He had a big fit under the kderek name and asked for it to be deactivated.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I actually think that lawsuits and Supreme Court rulings IS the way to defeat this, within the system. We just need to get people willing/who can afford to fight these things and to bring them up to the courts while we still have a Conservative majority.

We know, and they do too, that this is all Unconstitutional. The ATF has been getting their gaping monkey butts handed to them in the courts.

The Authoritarian, ruling class, tactic is to fling everything they can at the wall to see what sticks, using our money for societal improvements to fight against us.

Mass noncompliance is a great tactic too, but for people who are not wealthy it is a HUGE risk because we have so little ability to fight for ourselves and we basically risk our lives, past earnings, and future freedom to make a stand...the wealthy will rarely fight for us, come to our aid, our bail us out. No offense to the wealthy people here, it's just the truth and we all know it.

Antifa gets Kamala to bail them out, but who will bail out the low-wage earner who gets their assets seized because the ATF & IRS decide that they are an illegal gun dealer and they have earned their income illegally?

It happens all the time, just look at Asset Forfeiture and the War on Drugs. "They" destroyed countless people's lives by imprisoning them and taking all of their assets and earnings, leaving them with no way to fight for their freedom, and it didn't matter when DEA/IRS/Local PD was lying about it because they wanted to auction off citizens goods to pad the department with $$$ from some no-name peon. They have done it to veterans who simply had too much money on their person, they have done it to people with a "dime bag" of weed, and they have no problem doing it to us if they can get away with it.

We know to be careful playing with fire, but maybe it's time for some people to get together and create a private "Fire Department" to help out their fellow Americans who decide to make a stand in principle.

As of now the only help the average man has any hope of getting is through memberships to 2a groups but there needs to be more support, and maybe not membership dues-based help. Those groups do bring lawsuits, and they win, but they don't mass-bail those who do not comply.

These are some serious steps the non-elected are taking. The SC is handing down disappointment after disappointment to the State, but it's only a matter of time.

D-Day was a great triumph, for everyone that was not left as a carcass on the beach. We appreciate those who died to help us win the fight, but they are still dead.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Sort of like Biden's braced pistol ban and registration. I read data on line (two sources) out of a conservative number of braced pistols and BP stocks sold (somewhere around 20 or 30 million in the US) ~ 260,000 applicants filed/registered with the ATF for the free SBR stamp during the grace period. I decided at the eleventh hour to submit my two remaining braced pistols. Both were approved in the last ten days, just shy of 5 month wait. I mean I got nothing to lose, I got 2 free Biden/Merrick Garland SBR stamps. They know where I live already and what NFA items I own. Got my prints and pic years ago. If the braced pistol ban is overturned in the fed courts eventually, the stamps become invalid and I am out $4 for mailing costs, and my time. I have plenty of time on my hands in retirement.

Saved this just for you
    ff8fdefc2e5cf410c49a9b361cde807c.jpg

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

It looks like he decided to keep pushing the envelope and bought himself a few days of vacation from this site.

Idk which one he had first. The Russian one says he has been a member since 2014. So I'd say he had two names for awhile.

Doesn't everyone?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I've been out of town at a wedding in Michigan for the past five days and I received a bunch of messages about me deleting posts and whatnot. It turns out the moderator team did their jobs and deleted the below posts, which I have since undeleted to show a prime example of what we don't allow. See below with the quotes + some commentary that I have.

The world is overcrowded. A large majority of the crime in this country is due to overcrowding, so yes, I do encourage suicide and death to those who deserve it.
    This post was deleted as well as another post that I did not "undelete." In the first one, this guy advocated that certain groups of LE kill themselves. We don't tolerate this language or anyone suggesting that folks commit suicide. It is absolutely unacceptable.

This user, who is now banned (again), had a previous account where he made a post that ended up catching the attention of the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI. Long story short, the FBI contacted the forum and the user in question, around the same time. After they met up with him in person, they decided that he wasn't a threat, but rather he was just making baseless threats behind his internet persona. Again, this isn't something we tolerate.

He subsequently requested that his account be removed, to which we obliged.

I love how Austin runs this site with an iron fist, but after 10+ years on this site under several different usernames, I'm yet to meet him in person after many opportunities.... I'd really like to see if he is really the arrogant know it all prick he pretends to be on this site.

Yes I come off as thrown off in the head alot. I have my own way of thinking, the more often than not doesn't comply with your society standards and how you people have been groomed to think. So I get suppressed for it... Sorry. Life isn't fukn unicorns, and fairies, and laws don't stop bad people from doing bad things. We all know this. I'm just willing to voice it in a not so subtle way. The rest of y'all are worried about how something is said, not what is said.

All of your posts were deleted by two different moderators - I didn't become aware of what you said until about 15 minutes ago when I went and read the deleted posts, including these that I have "undeleted" and quoted, for public transparency.

Honestly, I do fairly minimal with moderating the site. The mod team does basically everything.

As far as meeting you, I have never had any desire to do so. I'm not sure an opportunity was ever presented to me, but had it been I would not (and still would not) have obliged. I certainly wish you well, but as you've mentioned above, you "come off as thrown off in the head a lot and have your own way of thinking." This is a for-profit forum and we can't have folks driving away other members when they say thinks like telling LE to kill themselves or exercise otherwise divisive behavior.

But this is a private board, they get to dictate what is allowed to be said. If its offensive then it gets removed, the vast majority of boards are like this. You can leave at any time. You want First Amendment then go stand at the SCOTUS building and yell at people.

Also, I know its not Austin who deleted your initial post. Your anger is at the wrong person.
    This is correct. We routinely have folks post illegal things and it's a lot of work for the moderator staff to keep the forum as is. All of the mods are volunteers and do their jobs here to do their part towards bettering the Louisiana shooting sports community.
    Or how many people will live by the don't ask don't tell law.. you know, the law of man... Where free people live. Not the sheep...

Let's be honest with ourselves here.... Even the people that use this site as their income source, AdvancedLaser, Austin, etc..... Yes FBI and ATF people that stalk the site but are to pussified to say anything or let us know who you are, you too.... These bulls*t laws are for nothing more than control and to line the beaurocrats pockets/wallets...... of course all the FFL's are gonna raise prices. That's a given. It all boils down to money.

God forbid something happens between 2 private citizens and the goobermint doesn't get a cut...
    I don't make a dime from this site. The owner has asked on a few occasions if he could throw some cash my way for the efforts that I put in and I have routinely asked that he donate whatever he wanted to send to me directly to St. Jude. Honestly, I have considered stepping down from the admin role dozens of times. It's absolutely no fun dealing with people like you. I have a full time job and a life. But I stay around because it's my small part that I'm doing towards helping better the Louisiana shooting community. A lot of people have benefited from this forum over the past years and I hope that many more will going forward.

Wait what? Please show me where our freedom of speech is no longer free! I’m either ignorant to the 1st amendment rights or we are living in communist society…. I’m blown away here! Offensive speech? Are we men or hot sweaty vaginas? Who with a set of testicles is going to tell another man, um excuse me sir what you said is offensive…. What in the world?????
    On a lighter note, I’m just going to take up archery… They are going to take anything that goes boom apparently. And we will be disarmed if we can’t even express ourselves without offending anyone…. My grandparents are turning in their graves right now! How about I’m offended by all these super sensitive wanna be men? Let’s be men again!
    Can’t we all just get along?
    Freedom of speech has plenty of positive restrictions. You cannot yell "fire" in a movie theater with the intention of causing a panic.

On the forum, we do have certain restrictions on language that can be used. Curse words and potentially offensive slangs are disallowed. We also don't allow what the guy above did when he suggested that certain groups kill themselves. It's just not the atmosphere that we want to maintain here.
    It looks like he decided to keep pushing the envelope and bought himself a few days of vacation from this site.

Doesn't everyone?
    That vacation is permanent. He previously intended to distance himself from the site forever and I agree that it was a good decision. There are plenty of places in the world that may be more tolerable to the things he has to say, but this is not one of them.

Finally - @KDerek - Seriously man, I wish you well. I imagine you'll continue to make other accounts and probably will try to skirt by for awhile. If you do so, please try to be respectful of the atmosphere and community that the site ownership intends on providing. You have said (above) that you're a bit different. That's fine. A lot of people are. But, there are certain rules that we have asked the site staff to enforce. None of them are personally targeted at you, but rather are in place to make the site the community that it is intended to be. If you can't play nice, we simply ask that you don't play.

Top Bottom