ATF proposes rule to close 'gun show loophole'

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Because there are multiple agents on this site…. They buy, sell, and trade…. You don’t think it’s just us good ole boys on here right? That’s why Armslist went to crap. I had a dude trying to sell me Glock switches and he sent me different pictures of his expired military ID card… I was done after that. I’m not even going to communicate with criminals much less do business with them. I don’t have any orange clothes and I don’t want any either. It’s so hard to tell friend from for these days.
    I’m well aware LE is on this site. Not too long ago we had a member that had to meet with them because of comments they made. It’s got to be depressing reading through seeing how much the general public hates you. Then again these are tyrants trying to disarm law abiding citizens so to them they probably get off on reading all the comments directed towards them.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I could see a day soon where a mental evaluation given by a gunment agency will be required to purchase and transfer a firearm. If there are any therapist out there this may be a good time to get a FFL.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    It sure will be fun to buy for the few months before it takes effect! The prices are nice and average right now...they'll plummet if they make this a rule.
    I'm not so sure they'd plummet, are illegal guns on the streets running above, or below retail? I also see a lot of non compliance, if passed. How would anyone prove when I bought a gun from you that you've been owning for years?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Pretty easy on newer guns… if you filled out paper work to buy a gun new or Sombody else did today… and you or him end up with it in the next week or 10 years … there’s the proof… now older new guns bought before today … yea would be a little tough

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'm not so sure they'd plummet, are illegal guns on the streets running above, or below retail? I also see a lot of non compliance, if passed. How would anyone prove when I bought a gun from you that you've been owning for years?
    I have been exposed to a lot of odd opportunities but I've never knowingly been offered an illegally attained, or unlawful format, firearm. Not even in all of my years in the most ghetto BR Public schools did it pop up. I had rapist and murderer classmates that were released from prison, in HS in their 20s, and had classmates that brought guns to school but no one ever offered to sell me one lol. So I have no idea what the street value of guns is. I feel like it would be higher than retail though.

I think the private market prices would drop because people would be trying to dump guns they didn't care about before the laws got complicated, and they were stuck with them until a buyback or until they put them on consignment at a gun shop.

Highly collectible guns, whose value is much higher than retail, would probably not decrease.

Retailers, after private sales become restricted, will gouge gun owners *edit* buyers *edit* and do anything they can to manipulate and increase prices regardless of the manufacturer's wishes or MSRP. Your $400 bolt actions will be $1000, and your $1000 AR will be $3000+.

That's just my guess.

*edit* they will probably gouge gun owners on consignment fees*edit*

Last edited:

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Imagine that. I exercise my first amendment right to free speech, and it gets deleted. F*uck you Austin. You're just as bad tlas the letter boys, except you're worse. You're scared of them...
    Encouraging suicide is not appropriate for any board, you need to check yourself. You are the problem, not Admin for deleting it.

Last edited:

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Inappropriate post again
    The world is overcrowded. A large majority of the crime in this country is due to overcrowding, so yes, I do encourage suicide and death to those who deserve it.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    I love how Austin runs this site with an iron fist, but after 10+ years on this site under several different usernames, I'm yet to meet him in person after many opportunities.... I'd really like to see if he is really the arrogant know it all prick he pretends to be on this site.

Yes I come off as thrown off in the head alot. I have my own way of thinking, the more often than not doesn't comply with your society standards and how you people have been groomed to think. So I get suppressed for it... Sorry. Life isn't fukn unicorns, and fairies, and laws don't stop bad people from doing bad things. We all know this. I'm just willing to voice it in a not so subtle way. The rest of y'all are worried about how something is said, not what is said.

Last edited:

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    But this is a private board, they get to dictate what is allowed to be said. If its offensive then it gets removed, the vast majority of boards are like this. You can leave at any time. You want First Amendment then go stand at the SCOTUS building and yell at people.

Also, I know its not Austin who deleted your initial post. Your anger is at the wrong person.

Last edited by a moderator:

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    So it was you? As far as anger, not likely. I'm sitting in my backyard smoking a rack of ribs and enjoying my banana pudding flavored moonshine.. I'm far from angry.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    282835716f152648096ff3d62917f2cd.jpg

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I have been exposed to a lot of odd opportunities but I've never knowingly been offered an illegally attained, or unlawful format, firearm. Not even in all of my years in the most ghetto BR Public schools did it pop up. I had rapist and murderer classmates that were released from prison, in HS in their 20s, and had classmates that brought guns to school but no one ever offered to sell me one lol. So I have no idea what the street value of guns is. I feel like it would be higher than retail though.

I think the private market prices would drop because people would be trying to dump guns they didn't care about before the laws got complicated, and they were stuck with them until a buyback or until they put them on consignment at a gun shop.

Highly collectible guns, whose value is much higher than retail, would probably not decrease.

Retailers, after private sales become restricted, will gouge gun owners *edit* buyers *edit* and do anything they can to manipulate and increase prices regardless of the manufacturer's wishes or MSRP. Your $400 bolt actions will be $1000, and your $1000 AR will be $3000+.

That's just my guess.

*edit* they will probably gouge gun owners on consignment fees*edit*
    I think the bigger question is, if this stupidity comes to pass and all sales have to have a NICS check done....How much will fees increase at gun dealers to do the paperwork.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Or how many people will live by the don't ask don't tell law.. you know, the law of man... Where free people live. Not the sheep...

Let's be honest with ourselves here.... Even the people that use this site as their income source, AdvancedLaser, Austin, etc..... Yes FBI and ATF people that stalk the site but are to pussified to say anything or let us know who you are, you too.... These bulls*t laws are for nothing more than control and to line the beaurocrats pockets/wallets...... of course all the FFL's are gonna raise prices. That's a given. It all boils down to money.

God forbid something happens between 2 private citizens and the goobermint doesn't get a cut...

Last edited:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Imagine that. I exercise my first amendment right to free speech, and it gets deleted. Admin is just as bad as the letter people.. good job suppressing my opinion..
    Didn't you ask for your kderek(sp?) account to be deactivated because you didn't like how this place was run?

Besides.. This is a privately owned forum you don't have freedom of speech here.

Last edited:

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Freedom of speech does not apply in a privately owned business. You might not agree or like it but that's how that works. You come on my property talking trash... Ill kindly ask you to leave. I choose what's being done and said on my private property....The only thing that trumps that..... Is the wife.. 99% of the time it's easier that way. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Didn't you ask for your kderek(sp?) account to be deactivated because you didn't like how this place was run?

Besides.. This is a privately owned forum you don't have freedom of speech here.
    Wait what? Please show me where our freedom of speech is no longer free! I’m either ignorant to the 1st amendment rights or we are living in communist society…. I’m blown away here! Offensive speech? Are we men or hot sweaty vaginas? Who with a set of testicles is going to tell another man, um excuse me sir what you said is offensive…. What in the world?????
    On a lighter note, I’m just going to take up archery… They are going to take anything that goes boom apparently. And we will be disarmed if we can’t even express ourselves without offending anyone…. My grandparents are turning in their graves right now! How about I’m offended by all these super sensitive wanna be men? Let’s be men again!
    Can’t we all just get along?

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Wait what? Please show me where our freedom of speech is no longer free! I’m either ignorant to the 1st amendment rights or we are living in communist society…. I’m blown away here! Offensive speech? Are we men or hot sweaty vaginas? Who with a set of testicles is going to tell another man, um excuse me sir what you said is offensive…. What in the world?????
    On a lighter note, I’m just going to take up archery… They are going to take anything that goes boom apparently. And we will be disarmed if we can’t even express ourselves without offending anyone…. My grandparents are turning in their graves right now! How about I’m offended by all these super sensitive wanna be men? Let’s be men again!
    Can’t we all just get along?

Read where I said it isn't free. Then go read up on the constitution.

BTW.. I never said I was offended by anything. What I did say is this is a privately owned forum and the owner can delete anything he wants. Isn't that what us as conservatives want? The right to do business and run our lives as we see fit?

Question.... Would you allow supporters of the Democrat party on your land to pass out flyers and speak on how more gun laws are needed?

Top Bottom