ATF proposes rule to close 'gun show loophole'

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I know I talk a little s**t on this forum that I shouldn't. LOL
    I had an inappropriate post removed recently and it was completely understandable. I figured it'd be taken down but it was funny as hell, especially with what it was in response to. LOL!
    (Others may disagree)

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Doesn't everyone?

I have had only one coming up on 10 years. Never had a second username or account here. I have had a few time outs, but respected them and came back for more after. Austin even gave me an early parole once, my last time out I believe. I'm really trying to be more respectful of others, and less "acidic" as one member here pointed out in his commentary. Work in progress.
    I've joined prob a dozen forums over the years, and this is one of the best imo. Now I will say the BS forum activity is def down. Less discussion in the last 12 or 18 months. Perhaps post pandemic economics?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have had only one coming up on 10 years. Never had a second username or account here. I have had a few time outs, but respected them and came back for more after. Austin even gave me an early parole once, my last time out I believe. I'm really trying to be more respectful of others, and less "acidic" as one member here pointed out in his commentary. Work in progress.
    I've joined prob a dozen forums over the years, and this is one of the best imo. Now I will say the BS forum activity is def down. Less discussion in the last 12 or 18 months. Perhaps post pandemic economics?
    It's a tough world for forums nowadays. Facebook and Reddit really took a lot of traffic away, but FB sucks for selling firearms and related components. Reddit has a weird interface and lets anyone join - it's also not very conducive for actual discussions.

Thank you for honoring your promise. We really want this to be a fun place for folks.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I think it's politics. It's scary to be on forums like this in a way, knowing that there are watchful eyes here...watchful eyes there, and it's not like people really have to do anything wrong they just have to express themselves in a frowned-upon manner to become a target.

The wokeness, DOXing, and threats to employment simply for being "conservative" or a firearms enthusiast or hurting someone's feelings.

Things have gotten really oppressive and degenerative in a lot of ways, and I'm not in any way referencing the moderators.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I'm also with you on only having 1 account. If I get banned for some reason, I'll just be banned, not really into being part of communities that I'm not wanted in. I have plenty of disagreements with the mods here, but when push comes to shove I cannot say that I feel that they have ever wronged me even when they could have. It's a thankless job, and I wouldn't do it without being paid, so I have to give credit and respect for that.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    I've been out of town at a wedding in Michigan for the past five days and I received a bunch of messages about me deleting posts and whatnot. It turns out the moderator team did their jobs and deleted the below posts, which I have since undeleted to show a prime example of what we don't allow. See below with the quotes + some commentary that I have.

This post was deleted as well as another post that I did not "undelete." In the first one, this guy advocated that certain groups of LE kill themselves. We don't tolerate this language or anyone suggesting that folks commit suicide. It is absolutely unacceptable.

This user, who is now banned (again), had a previous account where he made a post that ended up catching the attention of the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI. Long story short, the FBI contacted the forum and the user in question, around the same time. After they met up with him in person, they decided that he wasn't a threat, but rather he was just making baseless threats behind his internet persona. Again, this isn't something we tolerate.

He subsequently requested that his account be removed, to which we obliged.

All of your posts were deleted by two different moderators - I didn't become aware of what you said until about 15 minutes ago when I went and read the deleted posts, including these that I have "undeleted" and quoted, for public transparency.

Honestly, I do fairly minimal with moderating the site. The mod team does basically everything.

As far as meeting you, I have never had any desire to do so. I'm not sure an opportunity was ever presented to me, but had it been I would not (and still would not) have obliged. I certainly wish you well, but as you've mentioned above, you "come off as thrown off in the head a lot and have your own way of thinking." This is a for-profit forum and we can't have folks driving away other members when they say thinks like telling LE to kill themselves or exercise otherwise divisive behavior.

This is correct. We routinely have folks post illegal things and it's a lot of work for the moderator staff to keep the forum as is. All of the mods are volunteers and do their jobs here to do their part towards bettering the Louisiana shooting sports community.

I don't make a dime from this site. The owner has asked on a few occasions if he could throw some cash my way for the efforts that I put in and I have routinely asked that he donate whatever he wanted to send to me directly to St. Jude. Honestly, I have considered stepping down from the admin role dozens of times. It's absolutely no fun dealing with people like you. I have a full time job and a life. But I stay around because it's my small part that I'm doing towards helping better the Louisiana shooting community. A lot of people have benefited from this forum over the past years and I hope that many more will going forward.

Freedom of speech has plenty of positive restrictions. You cannot yell "fire" in a movie theater with the intention of causing a panic.

On the forum, we do have certain restrictions on language that can be used. Curse words and potentially offensive slangs are disallowed. We also don't allow what the guy above did when he suggested that certain groups kill themselves. It's just not the atmosphere that we want to maintain here.

That vacation is permanent. He previously intended to distance himself from the site forever and I agree that it was a good decision. There are plenty of places in the world that may be more tolerable to the things he has to say, but this is not one of them.

Finally - @KDerek - Seriously man, I wish you well. I imagine you'll continue to make other accounts and probably will try to skirt by for awhile. If you do so, please try to be respectful of the atmosphere and community that the site ownership intends on providing. You have said (above) that you're a bit different. That's fine. A lot of people are. But, there are certain rules that we have asked the site staff to enforce. None of them are personally targeted at you, but rather are in place to make the site the community that it is intended to be. If you can't play nice, we simply ask that you don't play.
    Austin, you’re my hero bro! You and the other mods have so much dumb stuff to deal with! I enjoy this site because there are so many different people and subjects to discuss and it gives me something to do. I love that we can mentally challenge each other while trying to keep some sort of relevance to this crazy world! Keep up the good work boys!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

The second account thing was sarcasm. It's not the norm. There have been a few members who have created account after account when they get banned. And I believe there was one member who created a second account and the two accounts would both participate in the same discussion.

I know I talk a little s**t on this forum that I shouldn't. LOL
    I had an inappropriate post removed recently and it was completely understandable. I figured it'd be taken down but it was funny as hell, especially with what it was in response to. LOL!
    (Others may disagree)

You had a couple of posts recently deleted but it had nothing to do with content. A member resurrected a few older threads so he could raise his post count. That member's trolling comments were removed as they added nothing of value to the discussion. And resulting posts in that thread were also removed in order to return the threat to the point it was before the trolling.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well that has "Flyboy" written all over it.

I don't remember if that was one of the identities or not although I'm leaning towards not. Someone once told me they suspected two names were the same person. I remember looking into it and seeing that a number of the new account's posts were in a lot of the same threads as the other name. It seemed too coincidental that the new account would happen to only be interested in the threads the other name was interested in. I believe the old account was no longer being used when I looked into it. I don't remember the old account username but the new account username is still around. And pretty active. But I won't confirm or deny if that name has participated in this thread.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    I definitely remember one very fun/funny member way back in the day, no later than 2012, that had 2 accounts. We even had a club with its own forum, and some members even got tattoos of the logos we made.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I don't remember if that was one of the identities or not although I'm leaning towards not. Someone once told me they suspected two names were the same person. I remember looking into it and seeing that a number of the new account's posts were in a lot of the same threads as the other name. It seemed too coincidental that the new account would happen to only be interested in the threads the other name was interested in. I believe the old account was no longer being used when I looked into it. I don't remember the old account username but the new account username is still around. And pretty active. But I won't confirm or deny if that name has participated in this thread.
    giphy.gif

Top Bottom