Bayoushooter Hunting Lease?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Once we get the land one of us should get our fireworks license so we can have yearly bashes and blow stuff up!!! LOL!

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Per year, but trust me if you buy LOTS of fireworks it is worth it. I used to get one and do group buys. Most wholesalers will only allow orders of $1k or more. BUT for $1k you get a ton of stuff. You will NOT be able to shoot that much between 10 people in one day.

P.S. if you try to buy one now it is $250, you need to get one in April I believe it is.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Guys! Realistically, can we come up with $60,000 to $160,000? Let's say for example that we pick the $60,000 property near Sorrento. The land's likely to be pretty humid and wet. It's 40 acres - not much. On the other hand we'd have to come up with something like $500 per month to service the debt - after about a $5,000 down payment. If we had 20 people going in on it we'd be looking individually at $25 per month.

The $130,000 property near Baton Rouge (166 acres) would have us coming up with about $13,000 down payment and roughly $60 per month per person.

Are we up for that? Now we're talking something like $700 - $800 per year per person if we can get 20 people to go in on it and sign a contract. I think $700 is near the outside of my comfort zone.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Guys! Realistically, can we come up with $60,000 to $160,000? Let's say for example that we pick the $60,000 property near Sorrento. The land's likely to be pretty humid and wet. It's 40 acres - not much. On the other hand we'd have to come up with something like $500 per month to service the debt - after about a $5,000 down payment. If we had 20 people going in on it we'd be looking individually at $25 per month.

The $130,000 property near Baton Rouge (166 acres) would have us coming up with about $13,000 down payment and roughly $60 per month per person.

Are we up for that? Now we're talking something like $700 - $800 per year per person if we can get 20 people to go in on it and sign a contract.

Dude, 20 people competing to hunt on 166 acres is REALLY crowded. Put a range on it and it just seems like it would be miserable. Not to mention chase the wildlife out.....

Have you thought of a rules/bylaws book? Who would get to hunt and when? Land upkeep. planting food plots. workdays?

Just thinking outloud, but I like the idea.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I think you're going to cut a lot of the lower-income members out at that price. I can afford it, but there are a lot of younger guys and frankly, people who don't have a lot of money who would not be able to use this if we charge $700-$800 per year to join the LLC as a charter member.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Heck, if we don't think out loud no one will know. I know I'm throwing crap out there. I know some realtor's and can try to get some answers from them.

As far as 20 people hunting on the acreage, I tuly think most of us just want a good range and somewhere to call our own. With the bonus of access to hunting. I know I don't do alot of hunting except squirrel and rabbit.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I think our main concern should be -

1. Are we looking for a shooting range

2. Hunting

3. Hunting with a small range

4. Large range with access to hunt

Maybe do a lottery system each year to see who gets to hunt?

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Heck, if we don't think out loud no one will know. I know I'm throwing crap out there. I know some realtor's and can try to get some answers from them.

As far as 20 people hunting on the acreage, I tuly think most of us just want a good range and somewhere to call our own. With the bonus of access to hunting. I know I don't do alot of hunting except squirrel and rabbit.

Honestly, it wont work like that. You either get good hunting land or a range. Not both, unless you have ALOT of acreage. Good hunting land has to be managed as such.

Think BZ.....

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Well, Lottery could screw people every year. Maybe do a set schedule. Those more flexible put them in the latter years.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Honestly, it wont work like that. You either get good hunting land or a range. Not both, unless you have ALOT of acreage. Good hunting land has to be managed as such.

Think BZ.....

Lol, so true. I think we would be able to better manage what we have than BZ. But again, I've never been in this train of thought so it's all new to me.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Lol, so true. I think we would be able to better manage what we have than BZ. But again, I've never been in this train of thought so it's all new to me.

Only if people are on the same page and are dedicated. I'm not trying to rain on the parade because I would be first in line to do something like this, if it could work.

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I definitely understand. I wonder if this is owner financed land or how we would get 20 people on the contract to buy?

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    im not a big hunter so most days someonecould take my hunt,,but a place to shoot and camp with like minded people,,or just the family and enjoy some range time i would be in for that..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom