Dick's Troy Defense 5.56 Pre-orders canceled!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBigShow

Buck Farack
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I wonder who was attempting to sell this.....

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323075447

For the record, I bought the Troy too, am pissed off too, so I ordered myself another Daniel Defense (ddm4v1) to make myself feel a little better and then a Mossberg MMR Tactical AR because it was available. I too got the Dick's credit card to save another $80, paid it off when it came in a couple of weeks later, and am stuck with a gift card to a company that sucks, and a credit on a card that I didn't need and will never use again. I will patiently wait to see what Troy does, and before the end of the week, ruin the day of at least one person from Dick's customer service dept when I articulate to them what I think of Dick's and how they have mishandled this situation.

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    and a credit on a card that I didn't need and will never use again.

Call the credit card company, explain the situation and ask for a refund. Tell them you will be charging them a 23.74% APR on the loan to them unless their account is paid off by the end of the 30 day grace period you are extending to them. :dogkeke:

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    To get your cash back off the DSG card you have to call 877-417-1324.
    Enter all your info and there will be an option for them to mail you a check on 7-10 business days.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Pulled off of another site.

I just talked with Troy also, they told me they are currently in talks with Dicks about the problem and are trying to figure out whether they are going to continue business with them or not. They stated it was not a manufacturing problem. They said Troy is going to try to rectify the situation and will release a statement at a later date. I also called Dicks corporate, they said it was manufacturing problem on Troys end. My guess is that there was a supply problem, but Troy missed a contract deadline of 30 days after order. Than Dicks had the right to back out of contract and screw all their customers. I was called on Thursday and told by Dicks that I would receive my rifle as soon as it was received.

VIA the Troy Industries Facebook Page LINK [facebook.com]:

Troy Industries
    Troy Defense (Troy), a division a Troy Industries, Inc., was deeply dismayed and shocked to hear through national media outlets that Dick’s Sporting Goods (DSG) made the decision to stop selling the Troy Carbine along with other modern sporting rifles. DSG did not contact or inform Troy of this decision prior to notifying the public. Nor was Troy informed by DSG that cancellation letters were being sent to customers, set to arrive on Christmas Eve (a day Troy was closed).

Troy has invested millions of dollars in its facility and operations to bring its first ever modern sporting rifle to the market under an exclusive contract with DSG. In selecting DSG as the sole distributor of the Troy Carbine, Troy relied on DSG’s high sales forecasts and sales potential prior to undertaking the significant financial and corporate commitment necessary to design, develop, manufacture and bring a new modern sporting rifle to the marketplace. Based on DSG’s press release, DSG’s anti-gun stance is clear – DSG will not continue modern sporting rifle sales and Troy will sadly not see its Carbine readily available — despite the outlay of millions of dollars by Troy and its commitment to support DSG in its distribution efforts.

Troy is currently researching other channels to ensure continuous and consistent distribution for its rifles. But please note, Troy’s pricing to DSG was based upon volume sales. It is unlikely that pricing to any other outlet in the future will support the pricing granted to DSG. Troy understands the anger of certain DSG customers whose purchases have been cancelled – you got a great price from DSG. However, Troy, itself, cannot come anywhere close to offering the Carbine at the price DSG was offering it. DSG devalued and diluted Troy’s brand when it offered for sale the Carbine at a steeply discounted price during Thanksgiving week. As a result of the sale price set by DSG, DSG oversold and overpromised its inventory. Nonetheless, the current ill-will could have been avoided had DSG not terminated modern sporting rifle sales, promptly canceled overpromised orders, and forthrightly communicated with Troy.

Troy is hopeful that it will soon identify a new distribution channel for its Carbine. We ask for your patience and support during this difficult and transitory time.

Best regards,

Stephen Troy
    CEO & Founder
    The Troy Group
    www.troydefense.com
    www.troyind.com
    www.troyprepared.com

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    Very interesting. I did not google or read any other forum or thread.

I used common sense and knowledge of credit cards to GUESS that a supply problem culminating from troys end and alluded to a late January delivery (60 + days) would possibly be a violation of federal and state and local laws.

Occams Razor

mcinfantry

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Watson, La
    If they made X number of rifles, then in all fairness lipseys or someone could pick them all up and make a killing. Since he is 30 days from having a large inventory of complete rifles and everyone is so desperate.

Something STINKS.

Top Bottom