Dpms Oracle good enough?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I've never really had much interest in owning an AR platform. I have always said owning one would be nice but figured they were just out of reach price wise (at least one that wasnt plastic) for a gun that would replace my 870 as the behind the door gun and mostly a range toy. But its come to my attention in the last 6-8 years prices are way down.

Thanks Bass Pro...
    I saw an ad for a DPMS Oracle for $499. I could swing $500 and not feel bad I was looking to buy another gun in the next few weeks anyways. I looked into the gun and it has 7076 t6 aluminum receivers and best I can tell the biggest draw backs are no chrome, and no magnetic tests.

Now this gun will collect more dust than powder and as a habit if a gun is fired its then cleaned same day no execptions. In the event its needed to drive back a hoard of zombies or muslims (joke, well kinda) what would be the drawback? I was probably gonna buy an auto-loading sporting type rifle anyways, this just seem like a better choice.

Last edited:

ARifleman1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    Good gun for the price. Only thing I would beef up would be the trigger, buffer, & bcg. Other than that you will be fine.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

ARifleman1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    The rifle will work fine with what is included. If the op wanted to beef it up that would be all I would change from factory. Mainly the bcg because more than likely it has a neutered bcg and not the original M16 version in which is a lil heavier and cycles smoother. The trigger is up to op if he wants less creep and crisper break.

ARifleman1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    It all depends on what you want to do with the rifle. If its just a plinker from time to time hell leave it alone and shoot it. If you are going to run it hard often then upgrade the internals. That's all I'm saying.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Plan is to shoot it from time to time possibly a little varmit or preditor hunting and maybe a crabine class at some point. Hopefully thats all I will ever need it for.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    not on here! :mamoru: jk, but seriousely

Yeaaaaa... you have to sift through eight layers of **** to find a deal, but they are out there!

A few weeks ago there was a DPMS with some Tapco junk and fun show parts for a little North of $2000. It must have weighed 13lbs and the guy thought it was gold!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Yeaaaaa... you have to sift through eight layers of **** to find a deal, but they are out there!

A few weeks ago there was a DPMS with some Tapco junk and fun show parts for a little North of $2000. It must have weighed 13lbs and the guy thought it was gold!

I did find a complete upper on here for $170 but with a 10inch barrel and had an unknow round count.

ARifleman1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014

Wow.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I could probably start another thead but its not a big issue for me just pondering the idea. I just saw another 10 incher complete (this one $270) on here and at those prices I'm thinking about buying one in case I decide to go through the paperwork. Could I just stick it in a safe and not attach it to a lower until I'm ready? Or would this be a no no? I'm sure if I just keep my pie-whole shut no one would ever know but, I try to be what you would call law abiding.

Top Bottom