I fear for our country

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I think many people in General have come to expect the worst. Somehow it helps them deal with the times we live in. I've never been one to settle for something I don't care for, but have no difficulty biting the bullet when it comes to difficult choices. I will go with the lesser of the evils, but I will never throw my hands up and say "screw it". That's called quitting. No one has ever heard me say, "I've lost" before the game is over. I've never said Hillary is going to be our next POTUS because I haven't given up. I know what it would it would mean if she wins and I'm prepared to deal with the day if it comes but I will not usher it in out of hopelessness. Her bought and paid for media has worked hard to make people feel she has won already. Those who oppose her, but also have the "might as well accept it" attitude have already been duped. When listening to people talk about the election, I sometimes hear one say "Hillary's gonna win". At that point, for me, the conversation's over.

Hillary is going to win. Not because I have been duped though. It's because far too many other people have been.

People can say "polls are easily manipulated" all day long, but the fact is that they have been right far too often.
    Real clear politics averages have been wrong on a few occasions, mostly in the state by state polling. Overall though, they've been pretty accurate.

So, yeah.. I hate to say it, but it's pretty much a done deal.

Donald Trump said mean things, enough women are all worked up over it that he has a lot of ground to make up to pull it off.

Hillary, as flippin ridiculous as it is, has to do nothing but drum up accusations and the news networks will do the rest.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I disagree. Trump isn't who I wanted either, but to say they would "easily defeated Clinton" is a huge stretch.

If politics were about policy and the bulk of the media wasn't part of the Clinton propaganda machine. It would have been a cake walk for those guys. The only way a true conservative will ever win another national election is if they can use the media against itself. Even through Trump wasn't a conservative many people thought he could do exactly that, but what actually happened was the media just pick another candidate. The whole thing has been a big con. If some how Trump miraculously defeats Hilldabeast, those actual republicans who primaried for him will be embarrassed almost daily.

This election cycle will have done one of two things. It will either destroy whats left of both parties with all the leaks and end fighting, or will be the end of conservative public policy as a whole at the national level. I guess it could be both.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    I don't get too deep into politics mostly because its usually pretty easy to figure out who I don't want to be president. But all I ever hear negative about trump is, "he's a bafoon", "I don't like him", "he says mean things"... and other petty stuff. I'm not one to show support for much of anything, whether its politcal, sports, or whatever, but I don't see why Trump is such a bad choice for president. From the little bit I know I think he would do a good job. Why do some of yall think he would make a bad pres?

Well stuff like this does not help. He has openly shown disdain for the 1st, 4th, 14th amendments. And that's just off the top of my head.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ent-or-hostile-to-the-constitution/?tid=sm_fb

"constitutional conservatives" should be more wary. IDGAF about the mean things he says. It's the ridiculous things he says he is going to do. Is Hillary worse? Probably. But if you really care about the constitution as a whole, Gary Johnson is the clear choice. If you only care about the 2nd amendment, Trump may be your guy.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Well stuff like this does not help. He has openly shown disdain for the 1st, 4th, 14th amendments. And that's just off the top of my head.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ent-or-hostile-to-the-constitution/?tid=sm_fb

"constitutional conservatives" should be more wary. IDGAF about the mean things he says. It's the ridiculous things he says he is going to do. Is Hillary worse? Probably. But if you really care about the constitution as a whole, Gary Johnson is the clear choice. If you only care about the 2nd amendment, Trump may be your guy.

"Joe Liberty" and you're quoting the Washington Post??? True and accurate journalism at it's finest. Great job! (Clearly sarcasm).

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Even though Trump was never a staunch conservative, as the nominee on that side of this two party garbage, he represents them whether they admit it or not. Because of the system, there may never be another true conservative elected as President in the US. If you look at the evolution of technology, you only have but 2 or 3 more 4 year cycles to go to purge just about all of the majority of over 60's that are not dependent on technology for their educations and their news.

Aside from that, the US has long been the country of compromise. This is no new phenomenon. It is just worse now. Morons that willfully call themselves democrats have no set rules for their inclusion! For instance, you can be for callous and inhumane late term partial birth abortions, or for the morning after pill; and you are still covered with them. Republicans? Pro-life or nothing. Guess who needs to compromise to win? Take any issue you want. Even if you stand on principle in this country, you are demonized as a unwavering ideologue by democrats and the media that sides with them, not just some of the time; but ALL of the time.

Every new generation since the internet is being dumbed down more so than those before them, and they don't even realize it. Just watch any man on the street interview of passers by in any city in the US on various topics like history, current political events, whatever; and watch how stupid these people are. Notice how the over 50's and 60's are the only ones that know some or most of the answers?

The question now is not whether you fear for your country, it is and should be; "What is the end game?"

"I used to trust the media to tell me the truth! But now I see the payoffs everywhere I look! Who do you trust when everyone's a crook? Revolution calling! Revolution calling! Revolutions' calling you!"

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime (1988)

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

I strongly disagree about Johnson he is libritarian when it suits him.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    All three are wasted votes in my opinion. Johnson could never win but if we don't stop her Hillary will win. Would Johnson better align himself with my values? Slightly (ok more than just slightly) but I would still be compromising key principals that make him enormously flawed for me. Why should I waste my vote on him and chance Hildabitch?

Last edited:

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    All three are wasted votes in my opinion. Johnson could never win but if we don't stop her Hillary will win. Would Johnson better align himself with my values? Slightly (ok more than just slightly) but I would still be compromising key principals that make him enormously flawed for me. Why should I waste my vote on him and chance Hildabitch?
    Because you care about upholding the constitution. Or claim to. If we vote for Donald, there will be nothing but more Donalds to come. That vote would be used to justify the ridiculous positions he has had. That's the theory at least, tbh I go back and forth on Johnson and Trump quite a bit. Not saying I have all the answers. The fear of HRC pulls me to Trump, no doubt. But fundamentally I (and I think a lot of people here) are far better aligned with Gary. Both parties hear those votes. They want and need those votes. If HRC does happen to win, a republican congress will stall her efforts. Either way it goes, I'll sleep better at night knowing I didn't vote for the asshat f-ing things up in the Whitehouse.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Because you care about upholding the constitution. Or claim to. If we vote for Donald, there will be nothing but more Donalds to come. That vote would be used to justify the ridiculous positions he has had. That's the theory at least, tbh I go back and forth on Johnson and Trump quite a bit. Not saying I have all the answers. The fear of HRC pulls me to Trump, no doubt. But fundamentally I (and I think a lot of people here) are far better aligned with Gary. Both parties hear those votes. They want and need those votes. If HRC does happen to win, a republican congress will stall her efforts. Either way it goes, I'll sleep better at night knowing I didn't vote for the asshat f-ing things up in the Whitehouse.

No doubt I do align better with the Johnson but he is terribly flawed in my opinion.
    He wishes to remain in the UN.
    He believes compelling private business to provide services against their will and faith.
    He has no problem importing our "fair share" of Jahadies.

There are more examples but I am too lazy to rehash my decision making process.

Bottom line we have three candidates which are flawed so greatly I couldn't justify campaigning for any of them. And as much as I would love to send a message to the Republican Party by not voting for it. A message quite different has already been sent from the populist neo-cons and former blue-dogs that have over run the republicans. At the end of the day no one is worthy of my vote, so now who can I align myself with to forestall the destruction of our country. The only one with a snowballs chance in hell is Trump. Yes that makes me want to puke.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    he's a liberaltarian, not a libertarian. Big difference. Had they nominated a true libertarian, it would be a much easier choice. I won't support Johnson, ever.

Liberaltarian exactly. Sadly he still aligns more with the constitution than trump. Most people who run as libertarians run off the rails like that. And the libertarian party wonders why they don't get taken seriously.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom