I just got a vasectomy. Any questions or comments?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Could be luck. She came from a bad home with bad parents. She knows it cause she lived it. We were tough on her, no doubt. She'll tell you that. But she's going to LSU and I haven't paid a cent. She's doing it all on her own. We never had any serious trouble from her growing up. She has never once raised her voice to us. She's in a long term committed relationship with a guy whose family we have know for over 11 years. But yeah, a little luck a little bit of good parenting and a whole lot of love and prayer and she's made it. She's standing on her own. She's an amazing young woman and I'm glad God gave us a chance to be a part of that.

I'm happy for you. My father helped "produce" me, and I turned out acceptable. This other kid? Total failure who's been to jail and he's not even 18, nor does he have any prospects other than the military, which I hope he chooses because my father is too nice to kick his thieving ass out.

I'm really not trying to belittle you, as I am sure your parenting has done wonders, and it shows in your child's success, but what I am saying is, no matter how good a parent you are, sometimes the kid is just an abject failure, and no-matter how bad they are, sometimes a brilliant success. That's one other thing that bothers me about a kid. I could do everything perfect (yeah...right), and still be rewarded with some brat that steals my car and slams it into a mall and starts shooting people with my firearms because I wouldn't buy him a PS3 or whatever the rage is. I am a huge "you do this...you get that" kind of guy, and kids aren't like that. It's just luck of the draw, and games of chance are NOT enjoyable to me. Especially when it's a $250K/18 year game.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Based on that people in the mountains should have more children than people in lower elevations. It is a good thing my parents lived in Louisiana and not in the mountains.
    They only had 10 children in Louisiana. I wonder how many there would have been if they lived in the mountains?

More likely, we just boinked like bunnies because twice we were alone and the third time I was not stressed over the failure to get pregnant. But Spec still treats me as a potential hazard when we get above sea level ;)

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Based on that people in the mountains should have more children than people in lower elevations. It is a good thing my parents lived in Louisiana and not in the mountains.
    They only had 10 children in Louisiana. I wonder how many there would have been if they lived in the mountains?

People in hotter climates have more children. That isn't accounting for personal medical quirks, though, as Cat shows. Also, the window of fertility is a big deal. My friend used the temperature method and score one on the first try, after about half a year of otherwise trying.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell

I don't know but I have a cousin back in the 1870's on the MS coast who had 9 and then his wife died. But it was okay, he remarried a year or so later and had 8 more with his new wife.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I'm happy for you. My father helped "produce" me, and I turned out acceptable. This other kid? Total failure who's been to jail and he's not even 18, nor does he have any prospects other than the military, which I hope he chooses because my father is too nice to kick his thieving ass out.

I'm really not trying to belittle you, as I am sure your parenting has done wonders, and it shows in your child's success, but what I am saying is, no matter how good a parent you are, sometimes the kid is just an abject failure, and no-matter how bad they are, sometimes a brilliant success. That's one other thing that bothers me about a kid. I could do everything perfect (yeah...right), and still be rewarded with some brat that steals my car and slams it into a mall and starts shooting people with my firearms because I wouldn't buy him a PS3 or whatever the rage is. I am a huge "you do this...you get that" kind of guy, and kids aren't like that. It's just luck of the draw, and games of chance are NOT enjoyable to me. Especially when it's a $250K/18 year game.

No, I agree with you there. I know people who are pretty close to being the "perfect" parents and their kids turn out horrible. Same thing in reverse. And yeah, you don't get "you do this, you get this" in parenting. It was worth it to me to roll the dice. I'd never recommend someone become a parent if they are not sure it's the right choice. Too many breeders out there as it is. My point was to not do something semi permanent at a young age cause you never know. :D

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    No, I agree with you there. I know people who are pretty close to being the "perfect" parents and their kids turn out horrible. Same thing in reverse. And yeah, you don't get "you do this, you get this" in parenting. It was worth it to me to roll the dice. I'd never recommend someone become a parent if they are not sure it's the right choice. Too many breeders out there as it is. My point was to not do something semi permanent at a young age cause you never know. :D

Yeah, but NOT doing something semi-permanent may cause something permanent. That's the quandary. Doing--or not doing--both have potentially permanent negative consequences. However, right NOW, I know how I feel, and have felt for my whole life. So should I do something permanent based on my entire life to this point, or should I risk something based on "what if?" of the future?

Tough, and I am torn over it big time. I will probably wait until I move, see if I get duped into some magical relationship with a great girl once I'm in a place I want to even think of dating seriously, and if not by 30, probably get snipped.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    My first was an accident, sort of. I was sure I didn't want any, after dealing with so many nieces/nephews. Now im HAPPY we're having twins. My son sure did change a part of me. Im GLAD to stay home and spend time with him while the friends are out on the weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I just got a vasectomy. Any questions or comments?

Everytime I think of this title I laugh. Just the nerve of it, and the nonchalance. It's genius! And it's most assuredly funny being on a semi-serious gun forum.

Let's break it down, shall we?

Declarative statement: I just got a vasectomy.

Discussion: Any questions or comments?

:rofl:

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I'm afraid its my belly fur. But its okay, no lube.

Pic, pre lick

fat-hairy-belly.jpg

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Thanks, buddy, that'll do.

Wait.....I gotta check that bathroom mirror for a hidden camera.

Whew, nevermind. Just realized that picture would be like this

lwqknb7mqwwtkauci96u.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom