Improvement Time Part Two---Update in post #160

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

enigma

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Metairie
    Allowing questions and comments in the classifieds is the best thing you can do improve. I believe the majority of members overwhelming support this issue.

southlaems

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Houma, LA
    :deadhorse: There will not be any comments in the classifieds!!!!

LMAO! I love this. The response I got when suggesting it was as if I took someones virginity. If someone lists a $1,400.00 hi point, why can I not ask them if the barrel is lined in gold? Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. It was a tool that would keep everyone honest.

Now we have sponsors (i counted 2) in favor of comments in classifieds? Lets email them all and see! If support checks come to a stop, ou can name your change and get it.

As far as the facebook group gun sales comment..... I do it but was told BS will never stoop to the level of FB.

I hope to see it. Be honest or someone will call you out. Want to charge 3x what its worth new, someone will call you out. Carry it to sportsman. You wanna bump your stuff 10x a day, you will be warned, suspended and banned.

I moderate on 2 other boards and comments are allowed. Hell, ill moderate classifieds for bumping. This is not rocket science.

gunslinger06

Never go to BR/NO
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    Leesville,LA
    So how long does it take some of you to read the 8 total new classified ads that were posted Today in the 4 classified sections?
    If they are divided here by region and type of gun we will wind up with 10 classified sections.
    I am on at least one Nation Wide Gun Forum that has all Buy/Sell/Trade classifieds in one section.

Im not advocating different sections, just the ability to search across sections.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    As far as moderation, I am not calling anyone specific, and it has been a while since I had a direct conflict with a moderator, but someone has to stand down at some point, the member or the mod - A ban isn't necessarily the best option for either the member or the board. I know when I was banned, the moderator just didn't understand what I meant by my comment, it was taken out of context. Lots of things can be fixed with some civil conversation, not trying to one up the member and/or mod.

Maybe a free for all area for the older members... Some of us have been around a while and wear big boy pants and might like an area for members with X amount of years with a minimum amount of posts per year. Put an old member as the Moderator of the area.... Just an idea. There are some founding members who don't contribute at all to this site any longer, and it is a shame.

I'm responding because I was asked to...

Been through the exact same thing as kcinnick with a mod and it has left a very bad taste in my mouth for BS.com as a whole.

As for a Free For All area, other forums have them and they work.

As for classifieds, allowing comments in threads seemed to make items sell quicker.
    But I also think if comments are allowed that heavy moderation will be needed.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    It's been mentioned time and time again but I'll throw it out there.

Allow comments in the classified section

How will that benefit the forum?

OK, so your thread is bumped above other for sale threads three times in one day and a fourth when you respond. How is this fair to other sellers who want their ad to be seen, but no one is posting on it? Also, if you get three PMs about round count, why not just reply to all three PMs and then edit the answer into the thread?

How would it be more efficient?

Please compile and post a list of the current problems causes by not allowing comments. People having to PM questions is already being discussed, so feel free to skip that one.
    The main reason I like the old way was because it was fun.Fun to see comments.Fun to make comments and fun to get comments on stuff you were selling.I was amazed that there was any members that were butthurt about it to get it banned.Has the banning of comments affected the time that I spen on BS?I think it has.It feels like a cold room where your all alone.Shouting out but no one answers.Untill they can PM you.

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    Comments in the classifieds gets my vote, honestly after that was removed. I went to other forums that supported comments or that were not set up to comment at all.

Plain and simple "One does not start off and give a man a Ferrari and Filet then later tell him to settle for a Geo Metro and a cheeseburger". Glad we are taking suggestions here I was getting worried the admins were going crazy and might attempt to teach a lion to be a vegetarian next.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom