Is drinking milk a healthy choice?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joey9139122

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    Peanutbutter and jelly with milk is my go to comfort food. Most of the milk we drink is jacked up with harmonies and antibiotics. Anyone here ever try raw milk?

Cochise

is not here
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Calhoun
    I am a dairy junky. I drink about at least a half gallon a week of WHOLE ORGANIC milk....and don't get me started on yummy yummy cheeese... The only un-healthy things in milk are the hormones and chemicals big producers put in their cows.
    I am of the opinion that all this "dairy is bad for you" garbage got started because most people don't know the difference in real cheese and american "cheese" (usually not real cheese at all, and bad even if it is), and the difference between natural whole milk and the skim "milk" they sell at wally world.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    +1000 on the cheese. Sometimes I even like to add a little baked potato or taco or hamburger to my cheese. Mmmmm, cheese.

Cheese!!!! I love cheese. All kinds of cheese and the bells/whistles that go with a good cheese platter. Food of the gods. I also enjoy yogurt and sour cream. Very rarely will I drink actual milk though. Usually it's in a cereal, half&half in my quiche, etc.

I am not concerned whether or not dairy is gonna kill me. It's one of those uncompromising dietary inclusions that I'm unwilling to give up.

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    Wow, I wish I had the self control that everyone seems to have. I drink a gallon a day of good ole red top whole milk. Hell, I can knock out a gallon just with supper.

As far as the rest of the world not drinking it, i call BS. I work in the Middle East, and I can assure you they like their milk also. Be it radiated milk in boxes that last forever, powered, or fresh.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    Wow, I wish I had the self control that everyone seems to have. I drink a gallon a day of good ole red top whole milk. Hell, I can knock out a gallon just with supper.

As far as the rest of the world not drinking it, i call BS. I work in the Middle East, and I can assure you they like their milk also. Be it radiated milk in boxes that last forever, powered, or fresh.

If I could afford it, I would do the gallon of milk a day for gaining weight. When I was younger, me and my brother could go through a gallon a day. I would drink it like water if I could.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I heard a Dr. years ago on the radio that said humans were the only animal that was too dumb to wean their young.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    Milk ONLY exists to me as a cereal moistener. Even then I have to use lactose-free milk, or I'll spend the rest of the day wondering if I crapped my pants every time I fart.

So no, you won't convince me that humans are "supposed" to drink milk. Some people can tolerate it at best, but a lot of people don't.

Once again you and I are on the same page!!! I will admit that I spit out my water when I read that though!!!
    Laughing_out_loud_2.gif

I have made my wife cry when she walked into the bathroom one time. I literally give myself about 10-15 minutes after a bowl of cereal before I will even attempt to do anything. God forbid I have to run afterwards, I am in serious trouble.

You will always know when it kicks in to, the BG's are playing a tune!!! I am like this
    images
    and my wife is like this
    images

Last edited:

troy_mclure

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Central
    I prolly drink a gallon of milk a week. I love it. I eat lots of cheese too. Milk with cookies = delicious. Milk with donuts = ecstasy!

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I prolly drink a gallon of milk a week. I love it. I eat lots of cheese too. Milk with cookies = delicious. Milk with donuts = ecstasy!

That is two of my three weaknesses when it comes to milk. I love cookies and milk, doughnuts and milk and there is nothing better than the chocolate milk left after a bowl of cocoa pebbles.

ETA: Especially when I lived in Florida and the "Hot Doughnuts" sign came on at Krispy Kreme!!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!!!

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Milk ONLY exists to me as a cereal moistener. Even then I have to use lactose-free milk, or I'll spend the rest of the day wondering if I crapped my pants every time I fart.

So no, you won't convince me that humans are "supposed" to drink milk. Some people can tolerate it at best, but a lot of people don't.

This on all counts.

I dont drink milk by itself. It tastes gross to me. I'll put it in cereal, cook with it, half and half or skim in my coffee etc...

Now I do eat cheese like its going out of style. I need to stop...but....I....cant......

Top Bottom