Knife in your pocket now.....

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dustin-R

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    bench.jpg

SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    David,

Your grandfather's Case is the "Trapper" model and was very popular years ago. My grandfather was a Case Ag Implement dealer; back in the early 1950's, when they had a Case Knife promo. Grandpa got an entire display case of Case knives of all types and he gave me a trapper like that.

I carry a Bokker Gent's 1-1/2" bone scaled pocket knife and a big Spyderco. Two, for the same reason as you do.
    If going out to eat, I'll pocket a pair of Gerber "Pixie" steak knives or a slim Gerber folder. My belt knives are small Jimmy Lyles' sheath knives.

You never when you'll have to do an emergency tracheotomy ! A vertical midline cricothyroid puncture and a ballpoint pen barrel or soda straw will keep someone alive until help gets there with equipment.

leVieux

Thanks for the info leVieux

This is what I have had in my pocket for the past 5 days.....

Strider SNG G-10 lego and titanium stone washed scales - blade is stone washed s30v drop point

SNG%20Pink%20Victorinox.jpg

Last edited:

Don't Panic
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Olla, La
    kinda ashamed that I don't have one in my pocket right now:o...........but I'm offshore and keep my daily carry on me when home.

7ps.jpg

Sadly, I have another that still cries for me from either a Venice, CA cops pocket or a lockup room. :(

Last edited:

Secret Squirrel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    BAFB
    For the last 3+ years when in uniform (on duty) carried BlackHawk M.O.D. CQD Mark I Plain Edge

attachment.php

Just got the Benchmade Auto Stryker Automatic Tanto Folding Knife for on duty carry

attachment.php

When not in uniform I carry Gerber Suspension

attachment.php

My Uncle was nice enough to purchase all these for me. Sam has been good to me!

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Got one of those, Mike, except mine has a Black T blade. I bought it back around the time of Desert Storm. I paid, like, thirty bucks for it, and the only reason I bought it was because it was so cheap; IIRC, regular Enduras were going for close to fifty bucks at the time. Emerson's were all the rage back then, so my new Spyderco was relegated to BUK status and lived on my vest.

Time passed, many of us finally snapped to fact that carrying an expensive-ass knife (I paid $800 for a genuine CQC-6 in 1990) for EDC was slightly retarded -okay, a LOT retarded-, I went into plain clothes, and began carrying this one. At some point I broke the clip (snagged it on the unit seat belt getting out), sent it back to Spyderco, and this was their fix. Crude, but workable.

I have since tried several other knives for EDC, but I keep coming back to this one. Its light, the outside contours are worn smooth (so I don't gouge my hand when going into my pocket for something else), and the AUS8 blade is easy to keep sharp.

I'm not a knife guy either, although I have a few other nice Spydercos. If that group buy deal ever materializes, I'll probably buy two just for the heck of it.

Love the pics.

The knife has been used with care and it shows.

yamatitan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    My newest edc replacing my griptilian the only gripe I had with it was its size. So I miss my assisted opening on my Sog even though the benchmade was very easy to open with one hand. So the 470 emissary caught my eye and I preorder it from knifeworks (outstanding people) and got it today. I got #162/1000 of the new production. The axis lock seems way smoother than the griptilian, its way faster to open, I like the feel of the aluminum handles vs plastic, slimmer, smaller, good blade shape, big win all the way around. So here it is:
    IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

Top Bottom