Marskville Shooting (Nov 2015) body cam footage released

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Don't be what's wrong with the internet.

I don't hate police nor do I hate JR and Motor. I do find it pathetic that because they are police and I am not that I couldn't possibly have any reason to comment or critique police other than hate. All these guys have proven is their unwillingness to listen too anything That moderately disagrees with them. This is what is wrong with society any public disagreements devolve into nothing more than crybaby arguments.

Again, I just said you have corrupt cop on the brain. I said that because you chose to post something contrary to proven facts pertinent to an investigation.

Criticize away. You're not the first, and won't be the last.

I know speaking from my experience that I don't MMQB any other profession. It's all about staying in one's lane.

If someone was on here railing against your profession, I wouldn't be commenting on it, especially not saying something contradictory to proven facts being broadcasted/published by reputable news sources.

JR1572

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Sorry, Josh, I was in the garage building another evil black rifle.

36009149.jpg

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The situation that unfolded is too sad for words. It obviously stirs the worst in people's emotions. I think there (from reports I've seen) is evidence to support some personal vendetta involved and should not have been .
    The greatest tragedy is that a child lost his life and a father, how ever be him a father, has lost his child due to circumstances that he played a part in. No matter how things unfolded that night, it's apparent that mistakes were made on both sides, regardless of intent, which I don't deny was there.
    The other tragedy in my opinion is that these LEO's, as much as they are or not, have, through their actions, influenced public opinion of LEO's everywhere. I'm hoping the powers that be come to the most factual conclusion in their investigation and that the court serves the most exact justice.
    None of this will bring that child back nor ease the pain I am sure his family will endure for their lifetime, but there is hope for the way the public sees our law enforcement and the potential to slow the ever deteriorating view of LEO's by the average law abiding citizen. I hope they don't pass on this opportunity.

Last edited:

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    The situation that unfolded is too sad for words. It obviously stirs the worst in people's emotions. I think there (from reports I've seen) is evidence to support some personal vendetta involved and should not have been .
    The greatest tragedy is that a child lost his life and a father, how ever be him a father, has lost his child due to circumstances that he played a part in. No matter how things unfolded that night, it's apparent that mistakes were made on both sides, regardless of intent, which I don't deny was there.
    The other tragedy in my opinion is that these LEO's, as much as they are or not, have, through their actions, influenced public opinion of LEO's everywhere. I'm hoping the powers that be come to the most factual conclusion in their investigation and that the court serves the most exact justice.
    None of this will bring that child back nor ease the pain I am sure his family will endure for their lifetime, but there is hope for the way the public sees our law enforcement and the potential to slow the ever deteriorating view of LEO's by the average law abiding citizen. I hope they don't pass on this opportunity.

Well said, Magdump.

I would disagree on one point. A few bad apples are not going to change the respect and appreciation I have for our LEO's. I would like to think the average law abiding citizen would feel the same way.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington

Well said, Magdump.

I would disagree on one point. A few bad apples are not going to change the respect and appreciation I have for our LEO's. I would like to think the average law abiding citizen would feel the same way.

You 2 summed it up perfectly.

I am continually disheartened by the rhetoric from people who continually question the integrity of the media, politicians, and certain segments of society, yet jump on the anti-police band wagon led by those same "untrustworthy" entities when it comes to police issues. I could stick the sum total of the truly "dirty cops" I have seen in my 15 years on the job in the closet at my office. I can happily say none of those guys are still on the job and all were fired and some went to prison, and rightfully so.

The cold hard truth is that until society pays police on the same level as those held to the same high standard of job performance (read Doctors, Lawyers, Judges, and other professionals), you will always have difficulty setting, achieving and maintaining high standards. There are several departments IN THIS STATE ALONE where officer starting pay is less than $30k/year. When you consider the high job performance standards society holds LEOs to, having to often make the same decisions as Lawyers and Judges in a few seconds opposed to several weeks with the assistance of legal aids and research assistance, and then throw in the potential for a wrong decision to result in civil and criminal penalties, not to mention the impact on ones career, its know wonder how we got to where we are in LE. Just like anything else in life, you get what you pay for. Right now Society expects JP and LaRue quality cops for Olympic Arms and 80% poly lower kit gun prices.

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    Every situation is unique and I believe most police officers are doing the best they can with the tiny amount of resources they are given.
    It is a pity that there are so many people in this world who don't appreciate the benefit of police officers and what they do.
    I saw an interview with a person who wanted to abolish the police and let their communities become self-policing.
    They wouldn't have a community in about a day or two, give or take.

So, to our LEO everywhere, thank you.
    I appreciate what you do for me and my family.
    You all play an important role in our lives.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well said, Magdump.

You said it brother. Same here. And my heart aches for our heroes every time people who should not represent law enforcement tarnish public opinion.
    You really have to ask those people who distrust and dislike LEO's in general, where the hell would they be without them?

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    You 2 summed it up perfectly.

I am continually disheartened by the rhetoric from people who continually question the integrity of the media, politicians, and certain segments of society, yet jump on the anti-police band wagon led by those same "untrustworthy" entities when it comes to police issues. I could stick the sum total of the truly "dirty cops" I have seen in my 15 years on the job in the closet at my office. I can happily say none of those guys are still on the job and all were fired and some went to prison, and rightfully so.

The cold hard truth is that until society pays police on the same level as those held to the same high standard of job performance (read Doctors, Lawyers, Judges, and other professionals), you will always have difficulty setting, achieving and maintaining high standards. There are several departments IN THIS STATE ALONE where officer starting pay is less than $30k/year. When you consider the high job performance standards society holds LEOs to, having to often make the same decisions as Lawyers and Judges in a few seconds opposed to several weeks with the assistance of legal aids and research assistance, and then throw in the potential for a wrong decision to result in civil and criminal penalties, not to mention the impact on ones career, its know wonder how we got to where we are in LE. Just like anything else in life, you get what you pay for. Right now Society expects JP and LaRue quality cops for Olympic Arms and 80% poly lower kit gun prices.
    This really hit home for me. Thank you.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    "The cold hard truth is that until society pays police on the same level as those held to the same high standard of job performance (read Doctors, Lawyers, Judges, and other professionals), you will always have difficulty setting, achieving and maintaining high standards."

You're looking for either a society where LEO is private for profit, or one where the professions you mention are government.
    There is absolutely no situation where a society that dictates it requires the vast numbers of police as ours does where those police will receive competitive pay when compared to other professions, professions in a private market.

Its like that meme "I wish soldiers would be paid as well as NFL players are". Not possible. What is really being said is, "I wish NFL players made the same as soldiers".

If being a LEO returned pay on a scale that is equal to lawyers and doctors you won't automatically fill the profession with "higher standards". Your candidate base will swing from people who have a love to protect and serve to those who want a big fat check.

ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    "The cold hard truth is that until society pays police on the same level as those held to the same high standard of job performance (read Doctors, Lawyers, Judges, and other professionals), you will always have difficulty setting, achieving and maintaining high standards."

You're looking for either a society where LEO is private for profit, or one where the professions you mention are government.
    There is absolutely no situation where a society that dictates it requires the vast numbers of police as ours does where those police will receive competitive pay when compared to other professions, professions in a private market.

Its like that meme "I wish soldiers would be paid as well as NFL players are". Not possible. What is really being said is, "I wish NFL players made the same as soldiers".

If being a LEO returned pay on a scale that is equal to lawyers and doctors you won't automatically fill the profession with "higher standards". Your candidate base will swing from people who have a love to protect and serve to those who want a big fat check.

So then what is your solution? Obviously the system we have now isn't working IF you believe police are as corrupt, untrained, and out of control as the media and politicians suggest.

Let me ask it another way.... Is it really any more of a problem that crooked judged or lawyers, as corrupt doctors and pharmacists? Or does the media just focus on cops more because it suits their agenda and sells better because it's the flavor of the month?

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I blame a lot of our problems on the media

The Rodney King video was a perfect example. If you watched the entire video you could see him resisting arrest, but at the end, Rodney wasn't doing so well. The TV stations showed the last 30 seconds of the video, over and over, until there were riots in the streets. I don't believe the riots would have taken place had it been reported responsibly.

I commend KATC 3 in Lafayette for their actions following the Grand theater shooting. When a hate group threatened to protest at the funerals, KATC said they would cover these events without airing the name of the group, or showing any pictures, or video of them. I think this did a lot more to make them a no-show that the 15000 on Facebook who signed up to be a shield. These groups like trouble, law suits, and media attention.

The media has a lot of power and with some forms dying, many seem to be more worried about a bottom line.

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    ...The Rodney King video was a perfect example...

I remember seeing that video for the first time, second time, XXX time. I understand cops take offense when the suspect resists arrest -- but when is enough? Once the suspect is down and no longer resisting, is the purpose of the continued blows just to teach a lesson?

And I do agree that the media has too much power -- but they have it because we (the people) give it to them!

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Just gonna bump this one too, just in case it becomes relevant again.
    I stand by my original post here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom